SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : News and Current Events : Netanyahu's Illegal and Wicked Government

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
PosterThread

Re:

What is happening in these countries is a concern to the body of christ. Last week all christians in a particular town in Syria were ordered to leave in one week. In Egypt churches are being burned and our brothers the body of christ are being persecuted.

This conference in October is about whats happening now in the middle east to our brothers and sisters.
We can learn alot from what they are going through.

So if this starts happening in America and we can still post are we not able to say specifics of who is doing the persecuting?

2012/6/17 20:02
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 Re:

Brother,

I wrote my response on thread to simply say that we are not to demonize or speak evil of governments. For instance the early christians were not slandering and speaking evil of Nero they realized he was a wicked man and prayed for him and His conversion. Such is the spirit of Christ. But no where in the New Testament is the roman emperor spoken of as evil rather he is prayed for Romans 13, etc.

The body of Christ as I stated is not to be concerned even about the freedom of religion in a country rather the spread of the Gospel of Christ.

Christianity is and never will be meant to rule countries or control powers. It is a kingdom not of this earth and its king is the Lord Jesus Christ. All religions that control governments and use that position to promote their ideals is not the true religion of Jesus Christ.

here is my post again to be considered:

--

Hi, I would like to state that all of this is really being concerned with Flesh and Blood in which Ephesians Chapter 6 states that our struggle is not with these. We should not as the body of Christ be overly concerned by these things. Wars and rumours of wars will happen. We must be concerned with the work of God and Christ's kingdom.

We also ask that these articles and thoughts not be posted in these forums with this mindset. There are plenty of websites that have these sort of articles that are very concerned with physical america, etc.

These forums are to be a place to be concerned for the body of Christ and to pray for leaders and nations but not to be concerned for them as we should the testimony of our Lord.

The Lord will sovereignly allow kings to fall and kings to rise. We must pray for the Gospel to spread.

2012/6/17 20:16Profile

Re:

Well(edit add, "please") do not use my post as saying I was demonizing rulers. I was actually sticking up for Assad of syria and Netanyahu. The others on this thread were demonizing them saying they are slaughtering their own etc.

Our Christian brothers and sisters in these countries were surely praying for the leaders. They had enjoyed a relative peace under egypts Mubarak for example. Then radical jihadists declared that they would take down these rulers.

2012/6/17 20:29

Re:

Quote:
I understand what you are saying, however, you misunderstand me; what i was getting at is the belief (which has great scriptural support) that the AntiChrist will in fact be a JEW. I just assumed that everyone here knew that. What is the reason for assuming this? Judas, the Son of Perdition, was also a Jew, AND more importantly: the Jews will never accept a (false) Messiah unless he is a Jew; every Jew knows and believes that the long prophesied Messiah is supposed to be a Jew. They bypassed the right Jew (Jesus) and are still looking for the wrong one (the AntiChrist/false messiah).

Quite true. One of the two beasts in Revelation will almost certainly be a Jew. He's going to try and counterfeit Christ in every way possible.

2012/6/17 23:02
Miccah

Wisconsin

Re:

Quote:
I understand what you are saying, however, you misunderstand me; what i was getting at is the belief (which has great scriptural support) that the AntiChrist will in fact be a JEW. I just assumed that everyone here knew that. What is the reason for assuming this? Judas, the Son of Perdition, was also a Jew, AND more importantly: the Jews will never accept a (false) Messiah unless he is a Jew; every Jew knows and believes that the long prophesied Messiah is supposed to be a Jew. They bypassed the right Jew (Jesus) and are still looking for the wrong one (the AntiChrist/false messiah).

Quote:
Quite true. One of the two beasts in Revelation will almost certainly be a Jew. He's going to try and counterfeit Christ in every way possible.

Talk about adding to scripture what is not there. Please site your sources that the anti-christ is Jewish. If you cannot, then all you are doing is bearing false witness against the Jewish people.

If you beleive that you have the corner on who the anti-christ will be, then it is very likely that you will be one of the elect that are deceived, if possible.

2012/6/18 0:13Profile

Re:

Do you really think the Jews are going to follow a promised messiah that is anything but Jewish? Not likely. History has shown us this already (Google Jewish Messiah claimants for starters).

The study of Anti-christ is exhaustive to say the least. I can give you some material if you'd like and I know many good places to start, but I can't just say, here's a verse to show that one of the beasts (there are two, and I'm only saying one) will more than likely be a Jew, in the same way that I can't just site a verse or two to say, here the Bible clearly affirms the Trinity (by definition, although we know the evidences are there). It would take pages and pages, and hours and hours. This may seem like a cop out, but like I said, the study is EXHAUSTIVE, and can't be answered with just a "well here's one verse here." It's all in the Bible, but we'll have to dig some.

If you'd like sources, I can point you to some good ones, and good places to get started, however I think neither Trekker nor I, have stated we know who the Anti-Christ is or have any "corner" on anything, though through historical pattern we've seen his marks already. The anti-Christ has had patterns all throughout Scripture (both new and old testaments) that have shown his spirit and his nature, just like Christ had (as Trekker pointed out, Judas is a major type of the anti-Christ). No one is claiming to know who it is, we're just saying it's wise to be aware of patterns in Scripture.

Also, all I'm stating (as said before) is ONE of the two beasts from Revelation will almost certainly have to be Jewish for the Jew's to accept him. His job will be to deceive the Jews for the time of Jacob's Trouble mentioned in Jeremiah 30.

Just for fun, look up Simon bar Kokhba a bit in light of John 5:53. Interesting study on a false messiah (anti-Christos) and false prophet (Rabbi Akiva) pointing towards the final fulfillment in THE anti-Christ. Likewise, I was once unaware of this stuff myself, so I understand the backlash, as it's probably how I would have responded as well. It's time we start educating ourselves in His Word.

If anyone is curious about the study in detail, shoot me an email (it's in my profile) and I can hook you up with some strong scriptural material that goes much deeper into this, but it is a big study.

2012/6/18 0:38
ginnyrose

Mississippi

Re:

Checkout Revelation 11 and note verse 8:

"8 And their dead bodies will lie in the street of the great city which mystically is called Sodom and Egypt, where also their Lord was crucified."

This verse pinpoints the location of the events that are described in the rest of this chapter.

The writer of this may have another reference in mind but this is what I first thought of.

2012/6/18 0:42Profile

Re:

Quote:
"the antichrist will be a Jew"...oh please, another one of your kind. Will you kittim every just leave us alone?, and quit murdering, raping and slandering us?.....

I know plenty of Jews (by blood, I.E. natural branches like yourself) who believe the same as Trekker, so don't even try that "You vs Us" card.

Your statement however was one of the ugliest I've seen around here for a long time. I would seriously consider repenting from that poison you just spit at your brother/sister (sorry Trekker, I'm not sure of your gender) whether or not you agree with his/her assumption about the anti-Christ. You've accused them of something far worse than they've stated. Absolutely disgusting on a Christian forum.

2012/6/18 1:49
Miccah

Wisconsin

Re:

Respectfully, all I have been reading so far is inference, with maybe a small bit of hyperbole.

I have done a little bit of studying of the scriptures myself, and I have come to the conclussion that the only fact that we have, is that we do not know who the anti-christ, or the beast will be. Scripture is silent on who they will be.

Can I be wrong? Sure. Yet as long as scripture stays the same and does not change, I will continue to keep a watch out and not close any door on who the anti-christ may be.

When the anti-christ comes, I pray that I will have eyes to see, and wisdom to know.

Blessings.

2012/6/18 13:03Profile

Re:

Boy... this forum just gets more weird everyday.

Krispy

2012/6/18 13:31

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy