SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : Gloom and Doom

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 Next Page )
PosterThread

Re:

Sorry for the repeat. Maybe the problem with those "great non-preaching" fellows you know is who the four preachers they listen to on Sinday and the "messages" they preach. If preaching is so bad, then why do those same men listen to other men PREACH? The insanity of that argument is illogical on its face

2012/6/16 19:57

Re:

The wonderful thing about us Christians is that we love our gloom and doom. We lather it up, spread it around and hope that more people can get on board our gloom and doom machine.

"WAKE UP, REPENT, GOD HAS LEFT THE BUILDING".

Oh don't get me wrong, there is certainly a time and a place for all of this,, most certainly, but I have noticed over the years there are two kinds of watchmen, those that really care about the flock and those that are self righteous. The former is usually few and far between, the latter are everywhere.

The ones that are telling us to WAKE UP usually have a closet full of sins and find it easier to point at everyone else. Oh, there really are those that care for the soul and has a life that has nothing in the closet, they are as I said before, few and far between. I think Brother Tom is one of those few and JiG (though we sometimes don't get along) but I appreciate her stand on things. There are a few others here that I could name, but sufficient to say that God has His people where they are at for a reason and it will take the work of the Holy Ghost to "wake us up" from our lethargy.

After all, all the virgins were awake at midnight when the cry went forth to meet the bridegroom, oil or no oil, they were awake. But the sad thing was they didn't have enough to carry on the journey through the rest of the night.

If anything, we are awake, but do we have enough oil?

Let me be the first to say, I do not.

2012/6/16 20:02

Re:

HI Staff,

To say that my comments were derogatory is a wee bit immature as that was the word that I used to describe the term " doom and gloom." In no way can this phrase be attributed to anything positive unless you can use it in a sentence that is positive? So, if one is going to use negative terms in regard to posts that they do not like, they should expect some push-back. As for your forgiving me staff, cmon, if you want to forgive me for calling people out who use the negative phrase " doom and gloom,' well, go ahead, knock yourself out :).......bro Frank

2012/6/16 21:06

Reality check.

After all, all the virgins were awake at midnight when the "cry went forth to meet the bridegroom, oil or no oil, they were awake. But the sad thing was they didn't have enough to carry on the journey through the rest of the night.

If anything, we are awake, but do we have enough oil?

Let me be the first to say, I do not."...Approved

Let me be the second to say; "I do not."...and in this, I am ashamed. I refuse the cross that would sanctify me, over and over. I take two steps forward, and three steps back.

The only quality I have is my neediness and ability to persevere; I get back up again and cry for mercy. My favorite scripture is; "It is not he who runs, or is it he who wills, but God who shows mercy."

To be ready for me, is to be delivered from this body of death, and when this happens I will be free and ready...for that day....and then again until the next, when I must be slain again. Some days, I just throw my cross down, and wallow in terminal loneliness.

"Confess your faults one to another, and pray one for another, that ye may be healed. The effectual fervent prayer of a righteous man availeth much."

Please pray for me, Brothertom. I have had revelation, but revelation does not make one mature, or willing to obey. I do want to make it, and be prepared for that day, as my body, my church, worldwide.

Thanks Approved for the reality check.

2012/6/16 22:16

Re:

You all are giving me Hope today of that unity that I kept on about this year. I feel it on this thread. I think it's the thread and this topic of what we may all go through. Reality sinking in.
Honesty seems to be the key too on here. And lots of prayer.
Praying till we're praying in the Spirit is the oil rig and the Light is The Word of GOD.
Plenty of Alone time with Him.
Loving Him more than we love ourselves - willing to die for each other, literally - the path that He took.
Just be 'willing' is all He's asked.
Thank you. Today was a blessed day, reading your posts.
Thank you, men of GOD!

2012/6/16 23:42
Trekker

northern USA

Re: Gloom and Doom

If you are tired of gloom and doom posting you must really be tired of the Bible. Lots of gloom and doom forecasted in the Book of Daniel and Revelations, not to mention the doom and gloom Jesus Christ pronounced in Mtthw. 24.

2012/6/17 1:48Profile

Re:

I am not all the way to the life I in Christ my Spirit earnestly desires to walk completely unhindered by the flesh, not ever looking back, not stumbling in word or deed, etc., but by the grace of God, I'm getting closer. I'm seeing Him work miracles in my life/walk again as I cast off the restraining hindrances, confess my faults to the brethren in our fellowship, lay down my life and take ip His cross daily, etc. he is doing a work in me and all the credit is His. I know what's in me (apart from Christ) & it ain't pretty.
I have seen the Lord do so much as He has called me lately to such a life of death which the cross does. The closer I get to Him, the more I see what a wretched man I am and what a gracious, loving, & beautiful Lord He is!! I I just want to be able to say, "Not that I have already attained it, but this one thing I do, forgetting what's behind & straining ahead for the high calling of God in Christ Jesus Our Lord"
Blessings in Him,
Jeff

2012/6/17 1:49
MrBillPro

Texas

Re:

True” Christians Are A Mess!

http://epistle.us/articles/christianmess.html

2012/6/17 4:18Profile
roadsign

Re:

TMK, I believe that you have raised a valid observation which deserves our careful thought. There is a need to discern between unholy and holy "gloom". The one kind pulls people down, the other lifts them up. I too see Katz as one who had the capacity to look at the "gloom" and point it towards inspiration and hope. Many are less able to do so. Many are not good at reconciling "gloom" with hope -and so we see this polarizing between the two - both which fail to generate true and practical faith in the lives of folk in church and society.

Diane

2012/6/17 8:26Profile
AbideinHim

Louisiana

Re: Gloom and Doom

"These things have I spoken unto you, that in me ye may have peace. In the world ye have tribulation: but be of good cheer; I have overcome the world." (John 16:33).

God would have us to be prepared, watchful, prayerful, and ready for the tribulation that is coming to this earth. He would also say to us "Let not your heart be troubled: you believe in God, believe also in me." (John 14:1).

Mike

2012/6/17 8:34Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy