Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Welcome & Intro : Greetings and My Testimony

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
PosterThread
ald0025

Greetings and My Testimony

Greetings,

I recently was born again this past March in a radically way. I am was like a typical American Christian who grew up growing to Church and believing in Jesus, but never had a living relationship. My grandfather is a pastor and I used to have biblical conversations with him, so I really believed that I was Christian. I was deceived with what is known as easy believism Christianity, where if you have faith in Christ you are saved and people that sin regularly still make it to heaven, but you have a lower place in heaven. As my high schools and college years hit, I was full of drunkenness and always had a problem with lusting after the flesh (not going to go into the details about the various sins but you get the point). During this period of my life I still believed I was a Christian, because of what explained above as easy believism
Christianity. After graduation from college, I decide to go to graduate school, where I decided to go to Auburn University, which is first time being away from home, I am from Delaware, where now I realize that it was a blessing from God to get to me alone with him. During my second semester , I had extreme fatigue, and could barely function. I remember crying out to God for about 1 hour one day for help. A couple of days later I was sitting in my apartment listening to music and worshiping God, when all of a sudden the Spirit of God filled my room, and it brought me to my knees I kept screaming and crying at the top of my lungs "Take Everything". I felt like I was waking up, and in that moment my life just started, and I was being brought to life. I felt a rush sweeping over my heart and all my cares, worries, doubts, and lusts were gone in an instance, where something was lifted off of me. The presence of God was so strong it was full of joy and love, it was so heavenly. I was crying tears of joy. I was regenerated that night, and received a new heart and the Holy Spirit. I understand now what Leonard Ravenhill meant by that Christianity is a victorious religion, I can truly say that I am free from the power of sin. It has been more than 90 days since being born again, and I can testify to this day that I have not even had the desire to go back to my old lustful ways. God has been working through me since then, he has giving me a burning heart, where I feel the Holy Spirit burning as a fire in my heart, and has spoken to me in a gentle voice in my Spirit. For your information I am 25 years old, and want to keep my heart pure and honor God with my life. Is there any sermons you would recommend?

God Bless,

Andy

2012/6/14 23:10Profile
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 Re: Greetings and My Testimony

Welcome to the SermonIndex website, may God bless you as you benefit from these free resources offered. If there is anything I can help you with please let me know. Here are some recommended audio resources that have blessed many and might be something for you to first take a look at:

Ten Shekels and a Shirt by Paris Reidhead
https://www.sermonindex.net/modules/mydownloads/singlefile.php?lid=282

The Revival Hymn by Various Speakers
https://www.sermonindex.net/modules/mydownloads/singlefile.php?lid=2903

Judgment Seat of Christ by Leonard Ravenhill
https://www.sermonindex.net/modules/mydownloads/singlefile.php?lid=235&commentView=itemComments

His and His Alone by K.P. Yohannan
https://www.sermonindex.net/modules/mydownloads/singlefile.php?lid=21381&commentView=itemComments

2012/6/14 23:15Profile

Praise the Lord Andy! God bless you brother! I will save your into to my favorites so I can read it again and keep you in prayer.

"Brought to life" Yes!

God bless, John

2012/6/14 23:22
Elibeth

ald0025,
I am praising God with the Angels in heaven in heaven.

Thank you my bro.,...your testimony ..a blessing .

elizabeth

2012/6/15 0:03Profile

Re:

Welcome!

2012/6/15 1:19
YUSHARUNSON

I am thrilled. I envy your experience. Seek God's grace to carefully work on this precious experience. May He grant me great mercy to tenaciously and untiringly embrace His enablement until at his feet we meet to share details to His praise in Jesus' name. I serve in His vineyard. I crave your earnest prayer.Thanks.

2012/6/15 4:55Profile
lindi1208

Re:

Hi Andy

Welcome and thank you for your testimony! It was a blessing to hear how you came to Christ. All Glory belongs to God!

Lindi

2012/6/15 7:03Profile

Real.

Reading your post I thought of REAL. How blessed you are to have been born again! It is, as you know, a Sovereign act of grace. Everyone who has ever been truly born from above can relate.

Mine happened outside on a street corner, where strong waves of love and purity flood me, and I experienced every SIN ever done wash away in it. I felt exactly what you described Andy.

There are so many here to listen to....just be led and see who bares witness to you, with Jesus as Lord. I'll leave you with this; Jesus is your head and Lord. Do not allow man to ever control you. The honor and the fear of man are two sides of the same coin. God seeks worshippers, not theologians or preachers. Seek Him and seek a secret worship life, and let Him lead you.

He will plant you where you may grow with a body. It was an honor to read your testimony, and I believe you are my brother...and that lasts awhile, Eh?

2012/6/15 9:27
lylewise

Celina, Texas

Amazing what happens when God mercifully unvails Himself resulting in sight to the blind.

So many of us share this like conversion and it is truly grace upon grace when God pours it out upon those who believed themselves already saved.

Hmmmmmmmm? What sermons to listen to? Now that you are saved, you will find yourself REVISITING MUCH, especially since you now comprehend spiritually. On this site, I would recommend most sermons. I have yet to find one that has not in some form or fashion been edifying. You mentioned Ravenhill, he doesn't seem to mince words and I love his heart for the Lord. So many choices. It is though we were kids set loose in a candy store.

Welcome to the oasis.

2012/6/15 10:40Profile
Miccah

Wisconsin

Re:

Ahhh. Water of life. Thank you for your testimony! Welcome brother. :)

2012/6/15 11:04Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy