SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : General Topics : GAYS AND LESBIANS

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 Next Page )
PosterThread
moreofHim

Re: amen!

Quote:
Dobson comes out against them, the American family Association comes out against them, etc, etc. All trying to "christianize" the world from the outside in. The change needs to take place on the inside, then the outside will change......I cannot help but see how unbiblical a mindset this is.

AMEN!!!

and let it begin with me!

In Him, chanin

2005/2/11 16:59Profile
moreofHim

Re: adultery

O- and let us not forget the even the deeper subjects. There is adultery (that we can see) and then there is heart adultery and heart idolatry.

Christians have "other loves" and it is not always a person. I will be the first one to admit that i have committed adultery in my heart (not with another person but a thing or myself (loving myself and my wants more than God)) and that makes me no better than one who has committed adultery with another person. God looks on the heart. He sees the issues of the heart.

Remember Jesus said that not only is adultery just "being with another person", but it is of the heart (if someone looks on another woman with lust he commits adultery). How much more do we commit adultery when we hang onto our "other loves' because we think we just have to have it, we just want it. How much more do we lust after something and do not see it.

Lust: to greatly desire, to long with desire, to crave or hunger for

In Him, chanin

2005/2/11 17:09Profile
AgesofWar

Chicago IL USA

Re:

Quote:
All trying to "christianize" the world from the outside in. The change needs to take place on the inside, then the outside will change......I cannot help but see how unbiblical a mindset this is.

Ok check this out.

If you commit Adultery you are not a Christian.
If you commit a theft you are not a Christian.
If you have murder in your heart you are not a Christian.

Go down the list of the Law of Moses and if you break one of these you are not truly a Christian.

Notice please that I don’t mean that a true Christian is perfect.

I mean to say that the Flesh is Dead. We live in the Spirit and we are dead to the evil of the Flesh.

The law convicts and if it does not convict then we are without the Spirit and if we are without the Holy Spirit then we are not living in Christ and so we are not Christians.

Therefore a Man who leaves his wife or commits a theft etc, is not a christian.

I know you may have a hard time believing this but it is truth.

I tried to divorce my wife I was not a Christian at the time.

I would venture to say that 80% of all people that say they are Christian are not.

So when a real Christian says he is going to the lost he means the world including that 80% of fakers.

In Love Michael

2005/2/11 17:15Profile
lastblast

Michigan

Re:

You're right Chanin. EVERY sin begins in the heart. Some of these sins then become outwardly expressed. Some of these sins remain "hidden". That's why the heart is what needs to be addressed and dealt with, THEN and only then will the outward actions follow Godliness in sincerity. Blessings in Him, Cindy

2005/2/11 17:19Profile
AgesofWar

Chicago IL USA

Re:

Your Right AgesofWar

Sin is Sin and The True Christian will testify to it all; including the Fake christians and the Gay and the lost. In Love, but also with the Truth that is often times called harsh.

2005/2/11 17:33Profile
CJaKfOrEsT

Melbourne, Australia

Re:

Quote:

bubbaguy wrote:
Homosexual behaviour occurs throughout the animal kingdom, not just in humans. This is evidence that it is genetic in some cases. Why would God make people predisposed to sin?

Even if we considered that homosexuality is genetic (which we can safely eliminate, by reading other posts), this does not condone homosexual behaviour. Psychiatrists tell us that bi-polar disorder (aka schitzophrenea) is a genetic conditon past from our parents. This can also be acquired through the use of certain drugs (eg, amphetamines and canabis). This can be related to the argument that homosexuality can be genetic, or the result of abuse.

Bi-polar people tend to be delusional and behave rather irrationally (for a good example check out the movie "A Beautiful Mind" with Russell Crowe - Having personally suffered a drug induced pschosis in the psat, I found this movie highly accurated in it's interpretation). Some sufferers (although not very common) can become homocidal, as the believe that they have "voices in their head" telling them to commit theses crimes.

Perhaps they believe that "God is telling them to cleanse the world of impure people", or perhaps they believe that their victims mean them harm. Whatever the reason, we cannont condone the actions of these people on the basis of their genetic condition.

It wouldn't even be an alternative to lock all the bi-polar sufferers in their own little island to live out their delusional lives away from "sane people". The only rational answer is treatment.

I watched a TV show a couple of nights ago, where there were three homosexuals who were attacked in a park by homophobes, for "expressing their homosexuality". Two died in hospital, while the other got away unharmed. When this lone survivor heard that his friends were dead, he was given the opportunity to say his goodbyes.

What he said chilled me to the bone, "I never knew I was gay before I met you." Homosexual conduct cannot be condoned, because there are always going to be people affected who aren't homosexaul already.

As Ron has already stated, a male dog mounting another male dog, proves only a desire to ejaculate (okay, I put it a little cruder, but why "pretty up" an ugly thing). Homosexuality is based on fulfilling a sexual urge. If a homosexual were to fall for a heterosexual, then logically he would want to "convert him" (just as if a heterosexual male fell for a lesbian, he would want to turn her back). Friendships between people of the same sex promotes companionship. Homosexuality takes this friendship and adds sinful conduct into the mix.

The reality is, we are called to live "in the world but not of the world". We need to be sure the life we live is sumbitted to God's ways, and not the worlds. We are not called to obey every single precept or burn in hell, but we are commanded to "be not conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind".

It is logical, by the worlds standards for us to be homosexual. After all, it would be easier to pleasure someone of the same sex, because we share the same sex organs. We know what pleasures us, so we would be able to pleasure our partners in the same way. But we are not to "be conformed to this world". God says in His word, "Don't do it!!" It doesn't matter what the reasons are, we need to be "transformed by the renewing of our mind".

We've dealt with is issue before BTW. Check out this forum about Tony Campolo's stance on homosexuality.

Peace.

2005/2/11 22:39Profile
DezCall

The Netherlands

Re:

Ron wrote:

Quote:
Homosexuality sure is a hot topic these days and I believe that is because it is one the the biggest tools satan is using to mock the institution of marriage and the family which things are ordained by God and pictures of our relationship with Him.

I wanted to bring this up once again, for I think this is why satan is so eager to devistate "marriage" and "relationship" as God intended them to be.

God created man and woman. Christ's relationship with His Church is compared with the relationship between a man and woman within a marriage (Ephesians 5:22-33).

Today I spoke with a colleague of mine...I don't know how we came to it, but someone asked: "What's your biggest mistake ever?". With a laugh she replied: "To marry". That hit me and I asked something about the background of it. She's now divorced and has another boyfriend and kids from her other marriage.

Satan tries to deform or destroy every "picture" that is meant to reflect Christ. Marriage. Music. Joy. Relationships....Christians.

While driving back to my home I thought: "Why is it, that churches don't disappear? Why is it that they are being filled every sunday?".

In the first place: God has told us, that in the last days these times will/would come.

The second reason is probably that satan can do more harm with damaging it, than destroying it. But praise be to God: nothing can prevail against the Church (with capital "C") of Jesus Christ!

In our great and only Saviour,

Paul

2005/2/12 15:13Profile
IRONMAN

IN HEAVENLY PLACES WITH JESUS

Re:

Quote:
My husband saw this article at work (USA Today) and cut it out as he thought of me when reading it........on the topic of the Brad/Jen split. A writer states: "Brad Pitt and Jennifer Aniston split up. Big deal. I am gay and used to want the right to marry. Not anymore. I refuse to hear arguments any longer from heterosexuals who say that permitting me to marry would unravel the "moral fabric" of our country. Straight people have lost credibility when they argue that point, for how could the world's most beautiful couple, who seemed to have it all, ever possibly want a divorce?

you know I read your post and you're aboslutely right. If we as Christians had been more serious about our father's business, people would not be messing with us about anything. If people had fortitude enough to come out and preach on how Christ said that we are to be holy as God us holy, and if people would preach the WHOLE word as opposed to the parts they like maybe we would be in a better position to rebuke the homosexuals about wanting to marry. We ourselves have defiled marriage before God and are refusing to do anything about it.

2005/2/15 1:54Profile
IRONMAN

Re:

Quote:
Christians have "other loves" and it is not always a person. I will be the first one to admit that i have committed adultery in my heart (not with another person but a thing or myself (loving myself and my wants more than God)) and that makes me no better than one who has committed adultery with another person. God looks on the heart. He sees the issues of the heart.

chanin
now that admission is not one that is easy to make...noone likes being told that they messed up, let alone admit it to himself...

2005/2/15 1:57Profile
IRONMAN

Re:

Quote:
Satan tries to deform or destroy every "picture" that is meant to reflect Christ. Marriage. Music. Joy. Relationships....Christians.

Satan tried to destroy the church at it's inception by brutal tribulation and that did not work. He then switched to a more subtle approach and infiltrated the church with things like santa claus, the easter bunny etc, things which are beningn enough but their purpose is to distract us from God. Satan has masterfully and very successfully crippled the church by entering it and eating out it's core like a boreworm.

2005/2/15 2:01Profile

©2002-2020 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Affiliate Disclosure | Privacy Policy