SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : General Topics : nature of scriptures

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 Next Page )
PosterThread
proudpapa

Re: EverestoSama

Great Job, EverestoSama!!!

EverestoSama wrote Exodus 3:6
//He said also, "I am the God of your father, the God of Abraham, the God of Isaac, and the God of Jacob." Then Moses hid his face, for he was afraid to look at God.//

He based His argument not on general concepts but specific written Words. And More than that He Based his argument on the Tense of the Verb ,I am rather than I Was.
He based it on the jott and tittle

A very unorthodox approuch to Scripture both in His day and in ours

2012/6/11 1:57Profile
EverestoSama

Re: Originals

From Moses to Jesus was like 1400-1500 or so. Though I may be wrong. I can't remember at the moment.

As far as the original writings of Moses, probably not, unless you count the ones in the ark, however, if there's one thing that the Dead Sea scrolls proved to the academic world (alone) is how carefully the Jews preserved the original texts in copying them.

Now, a lot of the New Testament when quoting the Old quotes from the Septuagint which was compiled 200 years before Christ(which should also speak volumes to the "God only chooses one language, and one translation" crowd :P)
but the meaning was in tact, but it is the most perfectly preserved document from antiquity, and that can be proven (even under secular scrutiny).

Send me your email if you want, and I might be able to set you up with some valuable resources if you want to dig into it.

2012/6/11 2:01Profile
proudpapa

Difference of Translation

psalms 91 from the Bible
//11 For he shall give his angels charge over thee, to keep thee in all thy ways.
12 They shall bear thee up in their hands, lest thou dash thy foot against a stone.//

psalms 91 from a corrupt translation

//11 He shall give his angels charge concerning thee:
12 and in their hands they shall bear thee up, lest at any time thou dash thy foot against a stone.//

Do you notice any differences in the translations??\

If so, is the difference significant or not??

2012/6/11 2:03Profile
proudpapa

Re: EverestoSama

EverestoSama what does your Nick stand for??

2012/6/11 2:12Profile
EverestoSama

Re: Difference of Translation

The corruption of what was being said was not in the fact of what was being said itself. The corruption was in the application. Notice how Christ never said to Satan that He had corrupted the translation. You see, what Satan did was to take the verses in isolation from it's context, and co-texts, and present them solely as a pretext (much of in the same style we see people do hatchet jobs on the Word of God today).

Satan took the Word of God, and presented it as a pretext, out of context of the full counsel of God. Christ put it back into context. Notice how all of Jesus's replies were all from the book of Deuteronomy, viewing the Word through the prism of what God had specifically commanded Himself out of His own Mouth, and not allowing Satan to just take Scriptures from anywhere and try and make them stand alone.

This teaches something phenomenally HUGE which is many times overlooked, and should put a rather large responsibility on any Christian when trying to use just "this one verse" to hinge everything on. It's in the style of Satan to do this sort of exegesis. God's Word speaks as a whole.

2012/6/11 2:15Profile
Blayne

Re:

Hi! ProudPapa

Yes, it's very true what you said, that some intellectuals/scholarly men might stumble because of some apparent scriptural anomalies.

However, what isn't so true is your saying, "They do not realize that God has deliberately willed these seeming contradictions to throw off the faith of the high minded".

ProudPapa, we have to be careful about suspecting God in such things. Even though He's God, He can't give what does not belong to Him.

You asked: "Are you sure that it was the writer of Chronicles that had more insight?"
Yes, that is most certainly true.
Clearly, the writer of Chronicles possessed a knowing what was later expressed by John, "Let no man say when he is tempted, I am tempted of God: for God cannot be tempted with evil, neither tempts he any man".

Do you notice that both of your expressed ideas about God wrongly presume Him to sometimes behave as would an imperfect man?

God is only and completely good! He never commits evil; nor does He tempt man to do evil. We can never suspect God as somehow doing the devil's work.

It could be said that the confession that God is only good is one of the keys to the Kingdom. Jesus told His disciples, "Fear not, little flock, for it is your Father’s good pleasure to give you the kingdom", (Luke 12:32. Without being able to confess this "key" to the Kingdom, it becomes increasingly difficult for God's people to "enter in" to greater fullness.

About who caused the death of Ananias and his wife, Sapphira:
A part of the the answer can be discovered in Rom 9:22, "To make his power known, endured with much longsuffering the vessels of wrath fitted to destruction".
The natural mind would assume that it is God who instigates the destruction. But this verse does not say that.

Death always remains the wage of sin in both the visible and invisible worlds, (Eph 2:1). Ananias and Sapphira had placed themselves outside the protection and influence of God which invited powers of darkness to overpower them completely. They had willingly fled from the presence of the Lord which caused them to become victims of the powers of death.

The stories of Ananias and Sapphira, Simon Magus, and Barjesus or Elymas the sorcerer prove this in horrible detail. In the endtime it will increasingly be a matter of Spirit against spirit; a direct and open confrontation between the Holy Spirit in the sons of God and the spirit of the anti-Christ in the sons of perdition. It will be the Spirit of Life against the spirits of Death.

So ProudPapa, that is basically the answer to the question about who/what killed Ananias and Sapphira.

You had this additional question: "How did Jesus go about to prove the Resurrection of the Dead to the Sadducees?"
I'm not fully understanding your question here. It appears that it's related to Matthew 22:23; but I can't be sure.

Whatever the case, the doctrine of the 'Resurrection of the Dead' is pivotal to the Gospel of Jesus. If you're asking for a better understanding of this doctrine, that's not a problem; for me at least. But it may be you who might have to relinquish some of your present thinking about it before being able to comprehend it more fully.

Anyways, jus' tell me more plainly what specifically you are needing to know about this doctrine and hopefully I can be of some help to you.

Edited to include below:
I mentioned above "wage of sin".
God does not pay the wage of sin.
Why should God pay the wages of someone who was employed by someone other than Himself?
God is only busy rewarding those who follow Him. He has nothing whatsoever to do with the Book of Death and the wage debits therein.
It is the evil one who pays the wages of sin; he has the legal right to pay his employees.
When we accept Jesus, we confess our faith in the fact that Jesus paid these wages for us in our stead.

=====================
Re: Blayne
by proudpapa on 2012/6/10 21:06:06

Hi Blayne, I always look forward to what you or Pilgrim777 have posted!
There Are Many very intellectual and scholarly Men that Loose there faith over versus like this, Because they do not understand the nature of Faith nor the nature of Scriptures,they do not relize that God has delibertly willed these seeming Contridictions to throw off the faith of the high minded and wise of this world.
=====================

=====================
Re: Blayne
by proudpapa on 2012/6/10 21:06:06

2012/6/11 2:19Profile
EverestoSama

Re:

Quote:
EverestoSama what does your Nick stand for??

I'm kind of tall (like 6'3 or 190cm depending on your location). I live in Japan, and in Japanese, Mt. Everest is called Everesto San. San means, mountain, but can also mean Mr. So one kid used to call me Everesto San. Another suffix added onto a name in place of San can be Sama. When I first came to Japan I would get mixed up on the two, and thought that I was being called Everesto Sama. The name stuck, so I just started using it as a handle online. I'm not sure if that made sense, as the concepts didn't really make sense to me when I first lived here, but hopefully you get kind of the gist of it. :)

2012/6/11 2:20Profile
EverestoSama

Re:

Quote:
We can never suspect God as somehow doing the devil's work.

Neither of us claimed that. We said the opposite however. So does the Bible.

2012/6/11 2:22Profile
Blayne

Re:

Hi! EverestoSama

I was not claiming that anyone, least of all you or 'ProudPapa', was somehow claiming that God was "doing the devil's work".
I was merely stating that no one should ascribe to God the activities of the evil one.
Sorry, that yuh mistakenly misconstrued it.

=====================================
by EverestoSama on 2012/6/10 23:22:48

Quote:
We can never suspect God as somehow doing the devil's work.

Neither of us claimed that. We said the opposite however. So does the Bible.
=====================================

2012/6/11 2:58Profile
EverestoSama

Re:

Quote:
Sorry, that yuh mistakenly misconstrued it.

Sorry for the misunderstanding. I just got a bit confused since your previously quoted statement was prefaced with this:

Quote:
Do you notice that both of your expressed ideas about God wrongly presume Him to sometimes behave as would an imperfect man?

I assumed "both of your" referred to he and I, and not to two prior things he had said.

2012/6/11 3:21Profile

©2002-2021 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Affiliate Disclosure | Privacy Policy