SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Welcome & Intro : New member today

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
PosterThread

Re:

There is something about listening to the word for an hour or so and then praying. The word seems to fuel my prayers and give them mire life.

Bearnaster.

2012/6/4 7:49
joliboy11

Philippines

Re: about Joseph Prince's teachings

Hi drhumm, have a listen on sermons here,( I recommend Zac Poonen's messages about Grace) hope that you'll find the difference on what Joseph Prince is teaching... I came across to his quote
“Old Testament prophets call your sin to remembrance, while New Testament preachers call your righteousness to remembrance. Old Testament preachers tell you what’s wrong with you, while New Testament preachers tell you what is right with you because of what Jesus has done, in spite of what is wrong with you.” (DTR, p.220)
it is false BASE ON MY JUDGEMENT and his message of Salvation by grace is very elementary... salvation is by grace through faith but this does not dismiss our accountability. When you are struck by the beauty of Jesus Christ you will be on fire for God that's why it is written: "continue to work out your salvation with fear and trembling" (Philippians 2:12) He also doesn't have a clear teaching on repentance, 2 Corinthians 7:10 says "For godly sorrow worketh repentance to salvation not to be repented of: but the sorrow of the world worketh death."

I also don't agree on his teaching about tithing and prosperity....I found his teachings humanistic...

I hope you will not stumble because of me...but please have time to meditate on these....

2012/6/4 8:58Profile
Lysa

East TN for now!

Re: about Joseph Prince's teachings

Brother,

I was going to share with you that Joseph Prince is not thought highly of here and I can see that we are off! I have no opinion one way or the other because I don't listen to him but on the other hand, I don't watch any preacher on TV (they all get on my nerves charging for this, that and the other).

But anyway, welcome to sermonindex, it has calmed down quite a bit in recent years and you should have a great time commenting and such!

God bless you,
Lisa

2012/6/4 12:38Profile
drhumm

Re:

Interesting as I thought this was a non critical forum. Is it not? I listen and learn from many although the Holy Spirit is my main teacher. I guess my comment was immediately polorizing which I generally work against. I am a woman named cathy. Thanks Lisa for the heads up I look forward to discussing with you

2012/6/4 23:07Profile
drhumm

Re:

So far Ive gotten posts warning me about Joseph Prince. I found a pamplet on the meditation of the word of God by George Miller which I found on this site quite intersting. I agree with Work out your salvation with fear and trembling but it can be done in the Lords strength and leading of the Holy Spirit to lead us into the joyful life which comes through much repentence. I am very ecletic and learn from many. I am also a speed reader and take in a lot of info. Is there a lot of criticism of preachers done on this site. I was hoping there was not, as I am one. Let me know what you think. It would be impossible for you to make me stumble so no worries...

2012/6/4 23:15Profile
drhumm

Re:

I like to listen to the Word too. I have found I hear things I miss when reading.

2012/6/4 23:17Profile
rbanks

Re:

Bless you sister Cathy! I like the confidence you have in the Lord. I believe you will be blessed by coming to SI. There are some of the finest Christians as well as some who are very judgmental about a lot of preachers. I believe you will be tremendously bless by all the resources and the many challenges that you will encounter here. It will help you to see things from many different perspectives.

I am also a minister of the gospel as well as Lisa and some others but be prepared to be challenged in your walk with God. I do not agree with everybody on SI but I have learned to love others and communicate better and it has helped me to change in areas where I needed to change and it has helped to strengthen in my walk with God.

I believe SI is the best christian website on the internet with all its resources and I believe you will come to see that also and really learn some things in the Lord during your time here.

So be blessed sister in the Lord...from brother rbanks

2012/6/4 23:32Profile
drhumm

Re:

Brother rbanks, Thank you for the friendly note. You also helped me figure out what SI meant I was slow to figure it out.. I am not worried about being challanged in my walk but looking for opportunity to sharpen my commnication skills. I enjoy looking at things fom different perspectives and recognize that the Spirit of the Lord shows us different perspectives in the Word each time we visit it. I recently tried to remember a series I taught out of the book of Ezra and cannot remember my main point. I re visited Ezra hoping to recapture my POV and was unable to. I saw different things this time due to what I can only surmise. Age, influence of others, Holy Spirit moving differently in my life. This is going to be fun. Thank you for the blessing. Dr Humm

2012/6/5 0:25Profile
drhumm

Re:

Glad you are here too. I enjoy peaceable communication also. I used to debate but the Lord insisted I give it up. My Irish roots squealed at that but now find life a lot more calm and free. Our church has been praying a lot for revival as of late. I do not see a solution for all of the division I see and hear to be resolved except through a genuine renewal and revival of the Body of Christ leading to a wave of evangelism bringing new souls into the Kingdom of God. Oh well that was quite a sentence. Tell me about your prayer life. dr humm

2012/6/5 0:34Profile
joliboy11

Philippines

Re:

thank you sister Cathy, I agree with you...

2012/6/5 0:44Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy