SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Revivals And Church History : The Charismatic movement; God's blessing and gifts without Repentance.

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 Next Page )
PosterThread

Re: The only Name which Matters!

Quote:
In your original post you either criticize or condemn 16 distinct people or ministries by my count. Again, at least by my count there were 16 distinct people and ministries you criticized and/or condemned.

You state these accusations and condemnations as if they were actually facts.

In view of that reality I do have a question for you.

Where are your references and documentations of these things? Solomon101.

Brethren for clarification and understanding I list the people, organisations, companies, cities and movements which Tom referenced to or else spoke about in his original post. In the order they were written, these are:

(The true names of God are listed for accuracy nothing more)

Roman Catholics, America, TBN, CBN, Pentecostal Churches, Charismatic Ecumenical Renewal, The Charismatic Movement , God, Allah, Jehovah, Buddha, Hindu, Mormon, Rick Warren, The Holy Church of Christ, Pat Robertson, Pope John Paul II, Billy Graham, Vatican City, Rome, Youth with a Mission, Campus Crusade for Christ, The Gospel of the Apostles, Kenyon, Kenneth Copeland, Kenneth Hagin, Word of Faith, Jesus of Nazareth, Adam, Apostles (NAR), Christ, The Lamb, Shepherds in the local church, The Bible. Altogether there 36 different appellants’ identified.

Clearly some of these appellant names are Holy and Righteous and some are Blasphemous and False. Some are the names of individual men; some are the names of false religions or else the principality of wickedness which reigns over these religions. Some are the names of cities or earthly dominions and some are the names of heads of those earthly dominions. Some are companies for profit; some are organisations under company law claiming to be not for profit. Some are for “movements” and some are for naming governments of Christ on the earth, one is for naming God’s authority both in heaven and earth; and finally one is a name given to God’s revelation of Christ to men.

Of all these names the greatest of them is The Lamb. In this Holy Name is summed up the fullness of God and his love for men through Christ. This Name speaks of the love of the Father, Christ’s birth, life, death, resurrection, burial, ascension into heaven, and a new song. “Holy is The Lamb”. His name speaks of a seating down at the right hand of the Father and our being seated down in Him. The Lamb speaks of a coming kingdom; even the Kingdom of the Lamb. It speaks of a New City, even New Jerusalem; where in those whose names are written in The Lamb’s Book of Life shall dwell in the Presence of God and The Lamb forever. (Selah)

Asking for documented evidence is most probably possible. But what good would it serve if we don’t even understand the simplest truth of all. It is not by proofs of reference which make known what a thing is or is not. It is by discernment and by the Scriptures. Every single name in this list has been examined and challenged in their day, by saints of God. The saints have even sought to look into the Names of God. Everything in this which is a name of a man, or a city, or a nation, or a company, or a movement is nothing. The only name which matters is God, and The Lamb. And the only reference which matters is The Bible. Everything else is a matter of discernment.

Quote:
After availing initial comments to this Thread of Brothertom, I've chosen to largely ignore it since. blayne

I’m not surprised Brother.

Andrew

Edited for spelling and grammar.

2012/6/1 6:56

Acts 20:30. Is identifying the wolf evil? All the apostles dwelt upon it, while feeding the flock.

" The only Name which Matters! "

"In your original post you either criticize or condemn 16 distinct people or ministries by my count. Again, at least by my count there were 16 distinct people and ministries you criticized and/or condemned.

You state these accusations and condemnations as if they were actually facts.

In view of that reality I [Solomon 101] ..do have a question for you.

Where are your references and documentations of these things?" ...............Solomon101.

Brethren for clarification and understanding I ...........[ armkelly ] list the people, organisations, companies, cities and movements which Tom referenced to or else spoke about in his original post. In the order they were written, these are:

(The true names of God are listed for accuracy nothing more..)

Roman Catholics, America, TBN, CBN, Pentecostal Churches, Charismatic Ecumenical Renewal, The Charismatic Movement , God, Allah, Jehovah, Buddha, Hindu, Mormon, Rick Warren, The Holy Church of Christ, Pat Robertson, Pope John Paul II, Billy Graham, Vatican City, Rome, Youth with a Mission, Campus Crusade for Christ, The Gospel of the Apostles, Kenyon, Kenneth Copeland, Kenneth Hagin, Word of Faith, Jesus of Nazareth, Adam, Apostles (NAR), Christ, The Lamb, Shepherds in the local church, The Bible. Altogether there 36 different appellants’ identified.

Clearly some of these appellant names are Holy and Righteous and some are Blasphemous and False. Some are the names of individual men; some are the names of false religions or else the principality of wickedness which reigns over these religions. Some are the names of cities or earthly dominions and some are the names of heads of those earthly dominions.

Some are companies for profit; some are organisations under company law claiming to be not for profit. Some are for “movements” and some are for naming governments of Christ on the earth, one is for naming God’s authority both in heaven and earth; and finally one is a name given to God’s revelation of Christ to men.

Of all these names the greatest of them is The Lamb. In this Holy Name is summed up the fullness of God and his love for men through Christ. This Name speaks of the love of the Father, Christ’s birth, life, death, resurrection, burial, ascension into heaven, and a new song. “Holy is The Lamb”.

His name speaks of a seating down at the right hand of the Father and our being seated down in Him. The Lamb speaks of a coming kingdom; even the Kingdom of the Lamb. It speaks of a New City, even New Jerusalem; where in those whose names are written in The Lamb’s Book of Life shall dwell in the Presence of God and The Lamb forever. (Selah)

Asking for documented evidence is most probably possible. But what good would it serve if we don’t even understand the simplest truth of all. It is not by proofs of reference which make known what a thing is or is not. It is by discernment and by the Scriptures.

Every single name in this list has been examined and challenged in their day, by saints of God. The saints have even sought to look into the Names of God.

Everything in this which is a name of a man, or a city, or a nation, or a company, or a movement is nothing. The only name which matters is God, and The Lamb. And the only reference which matters is The Bible. Everything else is a matter of discernment....armkelly..

Excellent ArmKelly. Nothing to add.

2012/6/1 22:06
Solomon101

America's Flyover Country

Re: Acts 20:30. Is identifying the wolf evil? All the apostles dwelt upon it, while f

Simply amazing. Well... on second thought maybe not so much.

BrotherTom... the most basic requirements of decency require that you document and reference the exact places your information is derived from that you use in your attacks. Again, you make statements as if they were actually true... but then refuse to provide a shred of evidence to corroborate it.

As stated by me earlier, - in your original post you attack and/or condemn 16 specific people/ministries by name and with some you are claiming to be using direct quotes from them. When asked to provide the places, references , and documentation for those criticisms you leveled you take a whiff. REALLY?!?!?

You and AmrKelly expect to get a pass on that?

You state

Quote:
The only name which matters is God, and The Lamb.

I could accept that except you specifically named others and attacked them. Evidently you don't seem to think that the Lamb is the only name since you make a point to specifically name others in accusation. Either that...or you are not willing to live by the words you post to others.

The lack of common decency citing accurate documentation in your accusatory attacks is disturbing. It is even worse considering the violation of basic ethics in doing so. However, when brought to your attention you say it really doesn't matter!?!?!?

I am looking for what would cause a person to take such a position. Three come to mind-

1. Is it a lack of knowledge of basic standards of common decency when writing such things?
2. Is it a lack of basic morality and ethics that are required in writing such things?
3. It is easy to attack others and speak things as if they were true when a person simply makes the bulk of it up. When a person refuses to provide the actual proof, evidence, documentation, or references it is often because their accusations are not true. If their documentation is researched by others the poster may be seen for being the actual false accuser.

Lack of knowledge... lack of ethics..... lack of actual truth....

None of those are good choices for someone claiming to be the standard bearer of truth bringing insight about those who lead others into darkness.

2012/6/1 23:03Profile
Blayne

Re:

Hi! Solomon101

This Post has been EDITED/DELETED by originator with my apologies.

2012/6/2 0:06Profile
Trekker

northern USA

Re:

I agree with your post Brothertom. The mere mention of those names (Benny Hinn, Kenneth Copeland, Kenneth Hagin, Billy Graham) fills me with outrage and disgust. Like you, it just makes me want to vomit. I consider Copeland especially to be demon possessed. It is a sad fact that many Pentacostals today listen to the false teachings of these heretics. Hopefully not the Pentacostals on here!

2012/6/2 1:33Profile
jimp

Re:

hi, dear trekker... if you ever did anything to merit the authority to be a critic of people like billy graham or ken hagin i would be amazed. billy is not pentacostal at all and as a southern baptist who ministered for many years leading thousands to Jesus while on a salary and not taking the offering for himself with no moral problems and no tax or or credibility problems.as no man is perfect including you and me ,billy has said things that might have brought some questions in his later life.ken hagin was someone who i have eaten with and somewhat knew as a man dedidated to Jesus who built a wonderful bible school. his followers have gone to extreems with his teachings but he wa a wonderful brother in the Lord.peter denied Jesus and cursed Him. paul murdered christians and called himself the cheifest of sinners at the end of his ministry. we all need to let God take care of those we find to be offensive to us and avoid their ministry. we also should tell those who we pastor or have led to Christ to avoid them but to write what you wrote is dangerous for you might have hooked up with the accuser of the bretheren on this one.jimp

2012/6/2 2:00Profile
brothagary

Re:

what is this all about is this gods spirit

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1SgByE0pX1M

2012/6/2 4:29Profile

Re: Ethics

Quote:
I could accept that except you specifically named others and attacked them. Evidently you don't seem to think that the Lamb is the only name since you make a point to specifically name others in accusation. Either that...or you are not willing to live by the words you post to others.

The lack of common decency citing accurate documentation in your accusatory attacks is disturbing. It is even worse considering the violation of basic ethics in doing so. However, when brought to your attention you say it really doesn't matter!?!?!?

I am looking for what would cause a person to take such a position. Three come to mind-

1. Is it a lack of knowledge of basic standards of common decency when writing such things?
2. Is it a lack of basic morality and ethics that are required in writing such things?
3. It is easy to attack others and speak things as if they were true when a person simply makes the bulk of it up. When a person refuses to provide the actual proof, evidence, documentation, or references it is often because their accusations are not true. If their documentation is researched by others the poster may be seen for being the actual false accuser.

Lack of knowledge... lack of ethics..... lack of actual truth....

None of those are good choices for someone claiming to be the standard bearer of truth bringing insight about those who lead others into darkness.

Solomom101 I do think that the lamb is the only Name worth naming. The meaning of that is clear. As for Dr Billy Graham the only other name I actually named myself; It was not a naming but an appellant title. Dr of Rome. Mr Graham on the other hand is a man's name. No mere semantic, just grammatical, phonological accuracy. Nor was it an attack on an elderly man's name. It was a stating the truth about what Mr Graham's title means, where it came from and who gave it to him. It was also stating the historical reason why. You talk about ethics. Which ethics? Whose ethics? There is not such thing as basic ethics when what one is saying is plainly understood to mean what it plainly means. Ethics are for serpents and for those who want to catch the serpents. You go figure it out brother. You say... Lack of knowledge! Lack of Ethics! Lack of Actual Truth. Nonsense. Truth is The Lord Himself. Scripture is the written Word and Knowledge is understanding. Ethics and so-called common decency are measures of men. They are intellectual paradigms for academics and the wise off this world.

My Post was intended to demonstrate that names are nothing in Christ. God is not a respecter of persons. Or didn't you realise that! If Dr Graham wants to sue me. I would welcome it as long as it is done before the church. And this only to prove your point you understand. What better proof could there be than the inevitable witness of the man. Hypocrisy? What is it? Do you know what it is? I do according to a Scriptural measure. Every other definition I am bound to reject. The worlds measure of hypocrisy is always against us who believe. If we worried about that we would compromise even the Name of God and Christ.

Andrew

2012/6/2 4:33
jimp

Re:

hi dear brother andrew, when we as christians say judgemental things about other christians and are called out on saying what we said we should take responsibility for what we did and not take umbrage. the greek word krino and anakrino and diakrino are all translated into the english word for judge. the problem is that we are to anakrino and diakrino but never to krino. most criticism is krino...to sit in judgement over someone or to judge before its time or to condemn.the other word have to do with using wisdom to avoid etc.it is very important that we are led by love and wisdom. do a word study on this for yourself for it might pay dividends on judgement day.jimp

2012/6/2 7:21Profile
brothagary

Re:

you know what gets me ,,,why people who cry judment ,,implement there own judment and advice ,,as if there ok to do what they rebuke others for ,,that what im seeing solomon ,and jimp doing ,,,that is a little hipocritacl i think ,,but hey who am i to judge

do we not have the liberty to decern what we deem as false and true spiritual activity ,and warn others

that is the real question

blessings

2012/6/2 7:43Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy