SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : Scriptures and Doctrine : C H Spurgeon - Free Will, A Slave

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 Next Page )
PosterThread

Re:

Solomon101's reality.

According to his own beliefs, he does not have everlasting life. He believes that salvation can be lost and by extension that his own salvation can be lost.

OJ

2012/5/23 23:37
jimp

Re:

hi, please do not take anything here personally. they asked Jesus of the times and He said that only the Father knew. so why do you or i think we have to know all things. we know in part and that is why we all have differing opinions. there is enough evidence on both sides to somewhat prove each argument.i guess that is why i call myself an open theist.jimp

2012/5/23 23:39Profile

Re:

Quote:
Joe, you quoted Bearmaster's post to you and then drag me into it - so may I ask why?

You mocked the testimony I gave before so I have just come to expect it from you. Like I said, I have seen your "love".

OJ

2012/5/23 23:40

Re:

I would like you to give the time and date of this post that you are referring to, that I "mocked your testimony".

Always saying that I'm not saved is alright for you to do though, isn't it?

I have caught you in untruths before - so post the time and date of this "mocking" post of mine.
Another untruth is that you say that you don't "defend yourself", as you've just done, IF indeed I mocked your testimony.
If you accuse, you've got to prove.
This personal stuff with you is very tiring and rude of you, not to me alone, but all others that are trying to discuss or read any topic here.

2012/5/23 23:58
Miccah

Wisconsin

Re:

OJ, something is wrong in your heart brother. I truly see nothing but a hatred towards those you deam "lost".

I have no horse in this race. Yet you need to be called on the floor for your actions towards others that you disagree with. It is unbecoming of a Christian.

2012/5/24 0:04Profile

Re:

Quote:

I would like you to give the time and date of this post that you are referring to, that I "mocked your testimony".

It was a discussion with Blaine regarding being prepared for martyrdom that you butted in to. I am sure you remember, or can look it up in your downloaded archives, but I just don't care to look it up.

Quote:

Always saying that I'm not saved is alright for you to do though, isn't it?

Yes, you are not saved and you too will find this out sooner or later. One of the great characteristics of the apostasy is not recognizing that you are in it yourself. The Holy Spirit bears witness of Christ as the Eternal Son of God to the believer, but He did not do this to you. You have a false view of Christ, along with many key indicators showing you have not been washed in the blood of the Lamb. If I hated you I would just leave you in that condition, and let you go on your merry way pretending you are a sister.

Quote:

I have caught you in untruths before - so post the time and date of this "mocking" post of mine.

Likewise, give the date and time of my supposed untruths.....Ah, don't bother, I don't really care.
Quote:

Another untruth is that you say that you don't "defend yourself", as you've just done, IF indeed I mocked your testimony.

Stating that I expect you to mock, when you mock is just pointing out the obvious ma'am, no defense there. There is a blessing in receiving mockery unoffended, and undefended. I was just giving you your segue in....

OJ

2012/5/24 0:55

Re:

Quote:
OJ, something is wrong in your heart brother. I truly see nothing but a hatred towards those you deam "lost".

I have no horse in this race. Yet you need to be called on the floor for your actions towards others that you disagree with. It is unbecoming of a Christian.

Unless they truly ARE lost, then what should you do?

OJ

2012/5/24 0:56

Re:

So, Adam Clarke and many like him are in Hell right now?

You've answered your own question, Lee - you did not turn against me because I posted about "Incarnational Sonship" way back when - but you turned against me initially, first through an email and then on the thread over the subject of "Obedience to Him because we Love Him". And that is your untruth of this last year.

eta: I found the post on top of pg 16 and it neither mocked you nor budded in. This all has been too sad.

Jesus is GOD!

2012/5/24 1:31
MichaelLiao

Toronto, Ontario, Canada

Re: Respect

Dear Brethren on SI,

Please show respect to each other on this forum. Yes, there are both sides to the issue of Christianity regarding Calvinism and Arminianism. As Brother Greg said once that both sides are orthodox and we need to learn to respect the other party. If we are to have a healthy discussion on doctrine, may we do so in love and not with ad hominems (Attack on a Person) fallacy. I personally hold more to a Calvinistic view, but I love my Arminian brothers. In fact, most of the material that have helped me a lot in my walk with Christ was Wesleyan, Deeper Life, Arminian teachings (Watchman Nee, Andrew Murray, Major W. Ian Thomas, Leonard Ravenhill, Hudson Taylor) We have to realize that yes, we may have certain convictions on theology, but ask yourself this question, "Does what you believe make you more in love with Christ? Or does it leave you with as Ravenhill said, 'A big fat head and shrunken soul'?" In all honesty and I say this to my shame, there's a lot of people in the reformed camp who attack Arminianism on their blogs and basically sitting at home, in front of their computers doing nothing but blog about inconsistencies in this or that theology. I have little respect for them even as a man who holds to Calvinistic teaching, due to the fact that many of them are doing nothing for the lost world. They talk a lot about the Sovereignty of God, but they barely LIVE the Sovereignty of God. The Sovereignty of God is a doctrine not to be blogged about, but a doctrine that should comfort us not only in the salvation of souls, but to have us take courage to go out into the world and tell people about Christ without fear, knowing that our Sovereign King is in control. I have some brothers and sisters in Christ who do believe in losing salvation, but I see them actually going out into the world and living for Jesus Christ. I see my Arminian brothers doing a lot more than you Calvinists. You may be saved like a Calvinist, but I tell you God is going to judge us as if we are Arminians. We are responsible for every action we do before the Holy God. Brethren, if you are a Calvinist, the doctrine of grace ought to humble you and not make you puffed up in your thick skull. To my Arminian brothers, my encouragement to you is that you live for eternity, that you make every second in your life count for Jesus Christ. Lastly brethren, it is Christ who ought to be glorified, not doctrine. Doctrine is a means that leads us to Christ, but it is not an ends. God help us all to love and to simply enjoy Christ who is All-in-all.

P.S. - It's funny how we argue over things that WE THINK are different, but really it's just different Christian jargon for the same thing. For example, Keswick says "Let Go and Let God." It's just the same thing as what most reformed preachers would say: "repent and believe" (Letting go of your sin/self/self-effort and trusting in Christ alone). Charismatics say "The Holy Spirit led me here" while Reformed people say, "It was the Sovereignty of God that led me here." Wesley said "Imparted Righteousness", others say "Born Again/Regeneration/Christ in you."

http://expositorychrist.blogspot.ca/2011/10/sovereign-king-living-decrees-to-glory.html

In Christ,

- Michael Liao

2012/5/24 1:39Profile
David01-72

Texas

Re:

This discussion has gone too far and should be locked. Oj clearly shows how his heart is. What happen to humility and loving each other in Christ. I see a self righteous, judging others un-righteously,and hatred. Is this what Jesus want us to do, fight and debate on whether who is chosen to be saved and who is going to hell, I thought it was God's decision. Yet you judge saying that hes going to hell, Why? Is it because that we don't believe in Calvin's doctrines, picking scriptures out of the bible to fit his teachings. Is it because we believe on the whole bible. Repent Oj and ask for HIS blood to cleanse yourself. Even though you will hate me and condemn me, I will still love you in Christ

God Bless
David C

PS While I was reading the bible, this chapter really touched me.

1 Corinthians 4
King James Version (KJV)
4 Let a man so account of us, as of the ministers of Christ, and stewards of the mysteries of God.

2 Moreover it is required in stewards, that a man be found faithful.

3 But with me it is a very small thing that I should be judged of you, or of man's judgment: yea, I judge not mine own self.

4 For I know nothing by myself; yet am I not hereby justified: but he that judgeth me is the Lord.

5 Therefore judge nothing before the time, until the Lord come, who both will bring to light the hidden things of darkness, and will make manifest the counsels of the hearts: and then shall every man have praise of God.

6 And these things, brethren, I have in a figure transferred to myself and to Apollos for your sakes; that ye might learn in us not to think of men above that which is written, that no one of you be puffed up for one against another.

7 For who maketh thee to differ from another? and what hast thou that thou didst not receive? now if thou didst receive it, why dost thou glory, as if thou hadst not received it?

8 Now ye are full, now ye are rich, ye have reigned as kings without us: and I would to God ye did reign, that we also might reign with you.

9 For I think that God hath set forth us the apostles last, as it were appointed to death: for we are made a spectacle unto the world, and to angels, and to men.

10 We are fools for Christ's sake, but ye are wise in Christ; we are weak, but ye are strong; ye are honourable, but we are despised.

11 Even unto this present hour we both hunger, and thirst, and are naked, and are buffeted, and have no certain dwellingplace;

12 And labour, working with our own hands: being reviled, we bless; being persecuted, we suffer it:

13 Being defamed, we intreat: we are made as the filth of the world, and are the offscouring of all things unto this day.

14 I write not these things to shame you, but as my beloved sons I warn you.

15 For though ye have ten thousand instructers in Christ, yet have ye not many fathers: for in Christ Jesus I have begotten you through the gospel.

16 Wherefore I beseech you, be ye followers of me.

17 For this cause have I sent unto you Timotheus, who is my beloved son, and faithful in the Lord, who shall bring you into remembrance of my ways which be in Christ, as I teach every where in every church.

18 Now some are puffed up, as though I would not come to you.

19 But I will come to you shortly, if the Lord will, and will know, not the speech of them which are puffed up, but the power.

20 For the kingdom of God is not in word, but in power.

21 What will ye? shall I come unto you with a rod, or in love, and in the spirit of meekness?

2012/5/24 2:15Profile

©2002-2020 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Affiliate Disclosure | Privacy Policy