SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Scriptures and Doctrine : Why are so many Christians not getting Healed Today?

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 Next Page )
PosterThread
rbanks

Why are so many Christians not getting Healed Today?

Matthew 8:16 When the even was come, they brought unto him many that were possessed with devils: and he cast out the spirits with his word, and healed all that were sick:
Matthew 8:17 That it might be fulfilled which was spoken by Esaias the prophet, saying, Himself took our infirmities, and bare our sicknesses.

Isaiah 53:4 Surely he hath borne our griefs, and carried our sorrows: yet we did esteem him stricken, smitten of God, and afflicted.
Isaiah 53:5 But he was wounded for our transgressions, he was bruised for our iniquities: the chastisement of our peace was upon him; and with his stripes we are healed.

1 Peter 2:24 Who his own self bare our sins in his own body on the tree, that we, being dead to sins, should live unto righteousness: by whose stripes ye were healed.

Matthew 4:23 And Jesus went about all Galilee, teaching in their synagogues, and preaching the gospel of the kingdom, and healing all manner of sickness and all manner of disease among the people.

Acts 5:15 Insomuch that they brought forth the sick into the streets, and laid them on beds and couches, that at the least the shadow of Peter passing by might overshadow some of them.
Acts 5:16 There came also a multitude out of the cities round about unto Jerusalem, bringing sick folks, and them which were vexed with unclean spirits: and they were healed every one.

I didn’t bring out the many scriptures where Jesus mentioned things like “oh yea of little faith” and “because of your unbelief” and “if you have faith as a grain of mustard seed” and “have faith in God” and “only believe” and “all things are possible to him who believes” etc…

Why can’t many believe for their healing as much as their salvation? I believe according to the scriptures that Jesus healed all that came to Him so why can’t many get to him today and received their healing in Christ. Is it because of our lack of faith and obedience?

2 Chronicles 16:12 And Asa in the thirty and ninth year of his reign was diseased in his feet, until his disease was exceeding great: yet in his disease he sought not to the LORD, but to the physicians.
2 Chronicles 16:13 And Asa slept with his fathers, and died in the one and fortieth year of his reign.

I must say that the scriptures concerning Asa has also caused me to think more seriously to what is God trying to say to us in light of Exodus 15:26 And said, If thou wilt diligently hearken to the voice of the LORD thy God, and wilt do that which is right in his sight, and wilt give ear to his commandments, and keep all his statutes, I will put none of these diseases upon thee, which I have brought upon the Egyptians: for I am the LORD that healeth thee.

We are in a battle brethren and I believe we must humble ourselves and draw nigh to God resisting the devil with all of our faith in the Lord confessing our sin and weakness before God putting all of our faith in the Lord on the ground of the blood that was shed for us and the stripes that He bore for our healing. I am not saying that we should never go to a doctor but I am saying that according to your faith then so do. What I am saying is that it seems to be whatever you claim to have faith in God for- then you better act on it or otherwise you will suffer the consequences. We who have experienced so much from God will be required from God. God is a jealous God and will not help us when we need it if our loyalty and faith is not in Him after he has done so much for us. It seems to me that God wants to be sought after for Himself and every need that we have. We should rather die believing in God than to live in unbelief.

Just meditating…blessings to all from brother rbanks

2012/4/27 16:13Profile
AbideinHim

Louisiana

Re: Why are so many Christians not getting Healed Today?

One of the best books that I have read on healing outside of the bible is "Christ The Healer" by F. F. Bosworth.

What makes this book so valuable is that Bosworth builds the basis of healing on the solid rock of God's Word.

In this book, Bosworth lists many reasons why Christians are not being healed. I would like to share some of them with you. Of course, he goes into great detail on each one of these points, but I will just give you a brief outline.

1. Insufficient instruction - Ignorance concerning the healing power of the gospel,.

2, Some fail to receive their healing because of unbelief.

3. The healing part of the gospel is hindered and even made void by the traditions of men.
A. One tradition is that God is the author of disease.
B. Another tradition which is responsible for thousands dying prematurely is the teaching that we can glorify God more by remaining sick than by getting healed.
C. The most common threadbare tradition is the worn out statement that the "age of miracles has passed."

4. Some do not receive their healing because of the breaking of natural laws.

5. Some are not healed because of the unbelief of the elder or minister who prayed for them.

6. Some are not healed because their affiction is the work of an evil spirit that must be cast out.

7. Some fail to receive healing because they regard iniquity in their heart.

8. In this Laodicean period of the Chruch lukewarmness is one of the great hindrances to healing.

9. Sickness and afflictions are permitted to remain on some as a halter, with which God leads them into the center of His will, and when this has been done, He removes the halter.

10. An unforgiving spirit or holding a grudge, hinders some from receiving the Lord's healing.

11. Wrongs unrighted hinder the faith of some to receive healing.

12. Some have no purpose and no diligence when seeking God for healilng.

13. Some wax weak in faith by watching their symptoms.

14. Others fail to receive healing because the do not act their faith.

2012/4/27 20:22Profile
TMK

NC, USA

Re:

I recently heard a message by Andrew Wommack and he was making the point that many are not healed because they tolerate not being healed. We are too complacent when we are sick, instead of rising up in faith and battling the illness, even with great anger if necessary.

I have struggled with this topic over the last few years, and I waver back and forth. I have settled in on being satisfied that the topic is a mystery. There is no magic formula and no true rhyme of reason why some are healed and some are not.

However, I do believe, from some personal experience, that it is more effective to command sickness to leave by the authority of Jesus than simply praying to be healed.

2012/4/27 20:37Profile
rbanks

Re:

Thanks brother Mike for responding with a great post from an excellent book on healing from the scriptures.

I do not believe that God gets any glory out of so many dying with sickness today. I believe it is greater glory for people to receive healing from our wonderful Lord Jesus.

I believe the Lord is grieved over the many who are sick and not receiving healing but is delighted to heal all who would come to him in faith and obedience.

Blessings to you...from brother rbanks

2012/4/27 20:41Profile
rbanks

Re:

Amen TMK!

The bible says to resist the devil and I mean we better be willing to fight against the devil and all his destructive ways.

2012/4/27 20:44Profile
AbideinHim

Louisiana

Re:

Thank you brothers for making some good points conerning healing. It makes me sick to see so many good men and women going home early because of wrong misconceptions concerning healing.

Watchman Nee has an excellent teaching in the last section of "The Spiritual Man". This teaching deals with divine healing and overcoming death. He is saying the exact same thing that you brothers are and that is that many Christians are passive when it comes to sickness and disease and accept it as being God's will. Just as salvation is appropriated through believing faith, healing is acquired in the same manner.

Mike

2012/4/27 22:08Profile
Trekker

northern USA

7 "And lest I should be exalted above measure through the abundance of the revelations, there was given to me a thorn in the flesh, the messenger of Satan to buffet me, lest I should be exalted above measure .

8 For this thing I besought the Lord thrice, that it might depart from me.

9 And he said unto me, My grace is sufficient for thee: for my strength is made perfect in weakness. Most gladly therefore will I rather glory in my infirmities, that the power of Christ may rest upon me.

10 Therefore I take pleasure in infirmities, in reproaches, in necessities, in persecutions, in distresses for Christ's sake: for when I am weak , then am I strong."
--apostle Paul, 2 Cor.12: 7-10

2012/4/27 22:38Profile
rbanks

Re:

Amen brother Trekker!

I love 2 cor. 12:7-10 and have rejoice in it many times but notice how He said that the power of Christ rested upon him and that when he was weak then he was strong.

The apostle Paul didn't die on a sick bed brother he was martyred for his faith in Christ.

Blessings...from brother rbanks

2012/4/27 22:49Profile
Trekker

northern USA

Re:

QUOTE: "The apostle Paul didn't die on a sick bed brother he was martyred for his faith in Christ."==RBANKS

That's right, he didn't die a on a sick bed because he was martyred FIRST.

Also...

20 Erastus abode at Corinth: but Trophimus have I left at Miletum sick.--2 Tim. 4:20

2012/4/28 4:24Profile
hmmhmm

Sweden

Quote:
so why can’t many get to him today and received their healing in Christ. Is it because of our lack of faith and obedience?

This may be true in many believers lives, but we can never judge that since we can not measure another mans faith. But two men can have the same faith, faith that pleases God and one being lead to raise someone from the dead and the other to be sawn asunder... both being full of faith and walking in Gods will. So I believe some can be healed through faith, others may not be healed. Only God knows, I would just add that we be cautious when we judge who has faith or not if God choses not to heal someone.

In theory god can allow someone to be sick with a fatal decease, we see that as an awful and horrifying loss, and it fills us with pain and sorrow. but through Gods eternal eyes this sickness may deal with that believer in a way spiritually that prepares him in a perfect way for eternity and that way is the best for his eternal wellbeing.

In scripture we are commanded to pray for the sick so we should and we should have faith and hope towards God to hear our prayers, but our ways are not gods ways, we see not as He does.

2012/4/28 4:43Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy