SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : News and Current Events : Baptist Pastor endorses Govenor Romney despite calling Mormonism a cult

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 Next Page )
PosterThread

Re: False Prophets????

I have seen the llkes of Rick Warren and Joel Olsteen called false prophets in this forum. Yet others are silent on a man who come out of a cult founded by a false prophet. Go figure?

Soldout2him posted a good link to a YouTube video where a converted exmormon exposes the falseness if this system. It's only 30 minutes. Jf after listening to it one can still vote for Romney, then the church is beyond hope.

Bearmaster.

2012/4/25 8:00

Re:

Wouldn't it be better to be a truthful candidate than one that flatters?

Sure he admits that he is Mormon at least he is telling the truth, both Bush and Obama claim to be Christian but have proved to be UnChristian in their policies.

When it comes to leading a country the better person is the man who is wise in worldly affairs.

Luke 16:8 ... the children of this world are in their generation wiser than the children of light.

2012/4/25 8:21
ginnyrose

Mississippi

Re:

QUOTE:

When it comes to leading a country the better person is the man who is wise in worldly affairs.

We cannot expect the gov to function using NT principles, can we? Is this not the heart of the displeasure expressed here? We want it to and when it fails to do so, we are in a wad? Since this is the case, is one not forced to think otherwise, like this poster suggested, "When it comes to leading a country the better person is the man who is wise in worldly affairs"?

As I recall, a former CIA director said that his agency violates all commandments known to man and then some. There you have it... So, how can this man claim Christ and allow his agency to function in this manner? This director claimed to be a Christian...

Complex? or not?

2012/4/25 10:09Profile
pilgrim777

Re:

"When it comes to leading a country the better person is the man who is wise in worldly affairs"?"

Since God raises up kings is this the logic that He uses?

If it is, I think He has made some very big mistakes.

Let's see who He raises up in November and pray for Obama's and Romney's conversion to Christ.

Pilgrim

2012/4/25 10:12Profile
Joyful_Heart

Re:

I have always voted. At times it has been between the better of two evils as they say. But this time I am feeling strongly in my spirit I am not to vote but to pray as I am not of this world but passing through. We have sanctified (set apart). We sit in Heavenly places with the Lord even now.

A catholic I know is voting for anyone who is pro life. So, that would be Romney. But I understand a few years past he was pro choice.

When it comes down to it. God is in control and He does have a plan and my (our) part is to stay really, really close in Word, prayer & hearing & obeying. Being a follower of Jesus, not just a luke warm Christian. Then to share His plan of Salvation with everyone He brings my (our) way and that is what I am doing.

Giving all glory to God who sits on the Throne, who is the Creator of the universe and to Jesus, the Savior of the world and the Holy Spirit who daily keeps, comforts, teaches us etc.

May we be passionately seeking Him while He may be found and with His heart share Salvation.

2012/4/25 11:28Profile
ccchhhrrriiisss

Re:

Hi bearmaster,

Mitt Romney isn't running for "Religious leader in Chief." He is running for a SECULAR four year position in a certain part of a SECULAR government. Yes, the position requires a degree of morality to effectively govern (or govern best).

For believers, true spiritual morality or justice comes from our relationship and knowledge of God. We see a "shadow" of certain elements of justice and morality among the people and leaders of this world. When it comes to voting, we can rest assured that we aren't selecting a Christian. However, we can decide between two primary candidates in regard to which one might be the better executive for a four year term while also considering the various moral views that might turn into policy decisions.

Now, you mentioned Rick Warren and Joel Osteen. I really haven't listened to them. I don't know much of their teachings. However, I have worked alongside individuals who did. While I wouldn't pretend to make any judgement regarding the eternal condition of those individuals, I will say that they were good workers. In fact, I seriously doubt that our employer even considered their religious views or claims when they were hired.

This is where I think that there might be a bit of an overreaction in regard to presidential politics. Most Christians that I know are fully aware of Romney's Mormon faith. Most Christians are fully aware that Mormonism is incompatible with Christianity. The same is true of Liberation Theology, Catholicism or other sects.

However, is it necessarily "compromise" to choose a person for a position who comes from one of those sects? Is it "compromise" to work for a company where your employers are NOT believers? Is it "compromise" to go to buy things from individuals, companies or corporations that are not controlled or employed by believers? I don't think so. I believe that it is simply one of those "affairs of this life" that Paul spoke about that we should be careful to not come between our relationship with the Lord.

What probably concerns me the most about this issue is not the views for which we differ. It is the attitudes that are displayed in regard to how we approach this topic with different views. You said that a person who watches the aforementioned YouTube video about Mormonism and still decides that Governor Romney is the better of two choices in November would result in an attitude that "the church is beyond hope."

I understand that we can have strongly opinionated views about voting, voting for an unsaved candidate, or what we think the "Babylonian systems" are about and how to "separate" from it. However, it is another thing altogether to see this as anything other than a difference of opinions and just pray for one another (and even our neighbors in all of this).

Sadly, we often reject (even if only in our minds) those with whom we disagree.

I have always held a very strong opinion about music. As a teenager, I strongly rejected secular music and even "Christian rock and roll." Needless to say, this didn't make me popular with some teenagers in the church. However, I never meandered into questioning the eternal condition or maturity of those who listened to music that I rejected. The same is true of the believers who come from many different opinions and views that are often voiced here on SermonIndex. I wouldn't reject someone because of a non-essential view on such an issue.

I made a list earlier in this thread of divisive topics that are exhaustively debated here on SermonIndex. While I might stand on one side or the other on such issues (or stand completely apart with an "I don't know" response), I wouldn't be so prideful or vain as to dismiss believers here based upon their views on Calvinism, music, Bible translations, head coverings, eschatology, education, or numerous other non-essential matters. Yes, our opinions are based upon our own prayerful study of God's Word. However, none of us have "arrived" or see things with perfect understanding from the other side of the "glass darkly" of Eternity. As we live upon this corrupt world, we see things within the constraints of a renewed mind and a flawed humanity.

Unfortunately, we have little Scriptural anecdotes that can draw a comparison with modern government systems.

Until a few hundred years ago, the nations of this world were literally KINGDOMS. In other words, they were a "king's domain." Kings and emperors held power and some of that power was apportioned to appointees. Rulers typically held life-long positions. Citizens did not "choose" who would be their rulers or decide upon the national or local laws. So, it is impossible to say what the early church would have considered regarding such matters. We are left with the Scriptures that speak of government and the anecdotes by Paul invoking his Roman citizenship to avoid a beating and the Roman legal system to appeal unto Caesar. We are left with the story Jesus told of a persistent widow who constantly prompted an "unjust judge" to act on her behalf.

So, we are forced to draw prayerful conclusions about the extent of our involvement as believers with the nations of this world. I do think that those who urge a "come out of Babylon" attitude are meandering into the same flaws of the Amish but with much less physical separation. It is easy to assert that we are "separate" (or a need to be "separate") from "Babylon" while driving down a government-built road, placing a stamp on a letter to be delivered by government workers or accepting any tax return or social welfare benefits that come from what we consider to be a part or residual effect of "Babylon."

Still, this is why I would encourage us to not concentrate on this issue to the point that it makes us voice assumptions about "compromise" or the notion that the church might be "beyond hope" as if our conclusion on the matter is the "Gospel truth."

We are all at various points of our spiritual walk with the Lord. It is a straight and narrow way. However, the purpose of meeting with one another is to encourage one another in the Lord rather than to constantly warn one another for every non-essential matter that we feel we have received from prayer or study. There are much more important issues than voicing prohibitions about voting for a particular unsaved candidate (or stating that it is "compromise") or various statements about being separate from an ambiguously defined "Babylon."

Yes, we should be separate from "Babylon." The best way to accomplish this is to encourage one another to walk wholeheartedly with Christ.

The Lord bless you!

2012/4/25 12:44Profile
Miccah

Wisconsin

Re:

Quote:
I think I understand your beliefs. And by the way, I know what THE WHITE HORSE PROPHESY is.

Bearnaster

Interesting Bearmaster. I never knew about this. Makes you think a little bit. Made me think that the enemy is raising his army for the last days.

Thanks for sparking the interest. :)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/White_Horse_Prophecy

2012/4/25 13:06Profile

Re:

"I think I understand your beliefs. And by the way, I know what THE WHITE HORSE PROPHESY is.

Bearnaster"

I never knew about this either until Bearmaster pointed it out to me privately. When you consider that there are many in the country who believe that the constitution is under assault and then you consider this prophesy from a demonic cult, it gives you pause............bro Frank

2012/4/25 14:08

Re:

Will the American Christian lift his eyes from this world, from his best life now, and see a picture that spans the ages, from Adam to the anti-christ?. Lift up your eyes brothers and sisters and know that there is something unfolding. Will you cast your vote for an occultist because you are so entrenched in a system of the world? Is that how deeply entrenched the world is in your bones?

Come out of that Babylonian system and vote for the Lord Jesus. Now is the time to be finished with this world for this world is almost finished. Put all your trust in the Lord, search Him out with your whole heart while He may yet be found, or, follow the pied piper as he leads you down a path , away from the oil that you need for your lamps.

What is a lamp without oil worth? What is a religion without God? What is a local church without His presence? What was the Holy of Holies without the ark of the covenant? When that veil was ripped in two while Jesus hung upon the cross, did it not expose the fact that the mercy seat was not there? And yet for 500 years the system of religion had carried on right up till Jesus’ time without an ark, without any mercy seat, going through the motions of deadness until they could not recognize the Son of God when He walked into that very Temple. Do we now suffer from the same blindness, going about our business, unaware of how the Lord has been departing, by stages, the churches, leaving behind an institution of works and politics and humanism?

The mercy seat was at the foot of the cross. The Holy of Holies was outside the wall hanging on a tree. And the multitude missed it .Surely the Pharisees, the religious experts cannot be wrong? We have the temple, we have had it in one shape or fashion for 1000 years, we are special because we have it. Ah, but the Lord had just wept over Jerusalem. He knew that 1000 years of history can come crashing down in a moment and it did and the very center of all they held dear was torn down piece by piece.

Can you hear the tear drops falling? The Lord weeps over this world right now as He wept over Jerusalem. Rejecting the Son of man leads to not one stone being left unturned and now everything that can be shaken will be shaken as the foundations of the world’s systems are brought down. Everything that man depends upon will be torn down, piece by piece, everything that they hold dear will slowly vanish before there eyes until suddenly He appears in the sky, but not before this world is left in ruins and tatters and the blood of the martyrs run deep in the street.

Then suddenly they will see what they have rejected and fought against and there will be great weeping and gnashing. Yet even now it is not too late to turn. The Lord cries out, behold He stands at the door and knocks. He will yet be found by those who seek Him in the day-time, but the darkness approaches. Seek Him now while it is yet light, for he who inhabits the darkness approaches with great fury and will destroy without mercy....... bro Frank

2012/5/2 7:46

God have Mercy.

Frank, Christian, "Bear",

brothers, please realize that a lot of New Covenant realities are new to me, new being 2002, and i had no knowledge of this 'white horse prophecy"....none, UNTIL i clicked on the wikipedia link, and it was like when you're deer hunting, you're out just before dawn, the trees are dimmed, everythings quiet, you look thru your scope....nothing....the light grows, you hear leaves crunch, look thru that scope, and centered in the crosshairs, a deer, 100 feet away...which is a easy shot.

thats how i felt when read the wikipedia entry.

i could "see the deer"...not 100 feet away.

the battle is joined, except our weapons are not carnal, violent. They cant be.

no.

this is going to be a time of a great "falling away", the love of many will grow cold, a river of blood will rise, but it will time where hidden and anonymous saints will wage this war on their knees, the Body of Christ will go "underground"...into upper rooms, hidden, which is a great place to be.

the sons of darkness and their master, the god of this world, ALWAYS, overplays his hand, and that will not change, but they are dead men walking, because when the Day of the Lord comes, all will be revealed, and all will be counted.

beloved brother Frank, that shed is being cleaned, amen. neil

2012/5/2 8:38

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy