SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : As a christian what you wear matters

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 Next Page )
PosterThread
MaryJane

As a christian what you wear matters

“So, chosen by God for this new life of love, dress in the wardrobe God picked out for you: compassion, kindness, humility, quiet strength, discipline, be even-tempered, content with second place, quick to forgive an offense. Forgive as quickly and completely as the Master forgave you. And regardless of what else you put on, wear love. It’s your basic all-purpose garment. Never be without it.” —ce

I know there has at times been debate over how a christian will cloth themselves, but after I read this the topic took on a whole new meaning for me. Just thought I would pass it along and share it with some few here :)

God bless
mary

2012/3/21 22:05Profile
onemite

Re: As a christian what you wear matters

I love this because it makes me think of the wedding garment.
We can't have the fruit of the Spirit without the indwelling Spirit of Christ, and I can't put on the garment without walking as Christ did.

"I am the vine, you are the branches; he who abides in Me and I in him, he bears much fruit, for apart from Me you can do nothing"

2012/3/22 2:04Profile

Re:

Quote:
So, chosen by God for this new life of love, dress in the wardrobe God picked out for you

Did that say "chosen"??

:-)

Krispy

2012/3/22 6:13
Lysa

East TN for now!

Colossians 3:12-14, found word for word in The Message.

God bless,
Lisa

2012/3/22 8:50Profile

Re:

lol... nuts. The Message. My tongue is bleeding now from biting it very hard.

Krispy

2012/3/22 8:55
MaryJane

Re:

by onemite on 2012/3/21 20:04:37

I love this because it makes me think of the wedding garment.
We can't have the fruit of the Spirit without the indwelling Spirit of Christ, and I can't put on the garment without walking as Christ did.

"I am the vine, you are the branches; he who abides in Me and I in him, he bears much fruit, for apart from Me you can do nothing"

I love how you expressed that so beautifully. When this was shared with me and I read it over all I could think of was yes Lord. Because I realize if I let go and allow HIM to cloth me as HE desires all the external stuff will get taken care of too. Only with Christ can I daily walk in this way that HE has laid out for me :)

God Bless and thank your for so kindly sharing your heart with me.

God bless
mary

2012/3/22 9:41Profile

Hi Maryjane, amen to your post. In that same vein here is another thought about how we decorate our homes because that is so important to so many people. As a Real Estate person I see that people's homes represent who they are many times...............

"How many of us know that the Temples of old were magnificently adorned? The way men and women glorify their status and power and signify their wealth is to be found in their dwelling places. The richer a man is, the more elaborate is his surroundings. He fills his house with symbols of his wealth and status.

The man and woman of God also decorates his temple, the temple of the Holy Spirit, with riches. His dwelling place will be no less elaborate that the richest men of the earth. He will decorate his temple with the finest gold of unconditional love. His walls are encrusted with the jewels of forgiveness and mercy. His windows are draped with opulent coverings of meekness and humility. Trophies of grace hang on every wall. They are framed with the finest materials of patience and kindness."

2012/3/22 11:00
Pinky578

Re:

You are so right. Thanks for the post.

2012/3/22 11:02Profile
onemite

Re:

Mary Jane, thank you for the thought provoking post.
I just want to Amen!
May it be unto us as the Lord desires. May we continually bind mercy and truth around our neck and see opportunities each day to be obedient to the wooing of the Holy Spirit. I have fallen so short... but God is faithful. He is the Author and Perfecter of our faith.

I will greatly rejoice in the Lord,
My soul shall be joyful in my God;
For He has clothed me with the garments of salvation,
He has covered me with the robe of righteousness,
As a bridegroom decks himself with ornaments,
And as a bride adorns herself with her jewels. Isaiah 61

2012/3/22 17:50Profile
murrcolr

Scotland, UK

Re:

Quote: We can't have the fruit of the Spirit without the indwelling Spirit of Christ, and I can't put on the garment without walking as Christ did.

I am going to challenge the thinking in this post, please don't take it personally as it's something that I am being challenged with myself.

We can't walk like Christ did if you haven't put on Christ. In other words if we try to walk like Christ and haven't put on Christ you'll soon find out your walk will be a walk of trying, failing and repenting, trying, failing and repenting...

Rom 13:14 But put ye on the Lord Jesus Christ, and make not provision for the flesh, to fulfil the lusts thereof.

It's the putting on of Christ that deals with the flesh...and that will enable us to walk as Christ did...

As was quoted later: "for apart from Me you can do nothing"

Gal 5:24 And they that are Christ's have crucified the flesh with the affections.
and lusts.

We can't really claim to be "Christ's" until we have "crucified the flesh" with it's lusts and affections....

Knowing the time, that now it is high time to awake out of sleep: for now is our salvation nearer than when we believed. Roms 13:11

PS ---- To the original poster this a good subject..

Edited for spelling

2012/3/22 19:18Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy