SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Miracles that follow the plow : Prayer please

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 Next Page )
PosterThread
romanchog

Prayer please

I just found out my Dad has prostate cancer. I don't know how advanced it is, but he is very weak. He had a major heart attack in November and has not recovered from that. My mom says he does not have any appetite and eats very little. He has decided not to get any treatment, so it is a matter of waiting until he dies, which will be very painful. Up to now he is on regular pain killers.

He is also unsaved. This is my greatest fear for him, what he will face when he enters into eternity.

Please pray that the Lord will somehow reveal Himself to my father. He has always rejected the gospel and has a member of a non-Christian religion for over 50 years. I don't know how to reach him or my mother for Christ.

2012/3/21 13:19Profile
mama27

Re: Prayer please

I have been praying for your father since you asked prayer back in the fall....I understand your anguish - same with my mom. It sounds cliche to say that "all we can do is pray", but then it is somehow freeing as well....truly it is ONLY GOD. May He have mercy!!

2012/3/21 13:32Profile

I will pray, that God opens his heart and touches your father in a mighty way with His presence, and that you will be strengthened and comforted.

2012/3/21 14:50
romanchog

Re:

Thank you for your prayers. It is not cliche to say that all we can do is pray. We always say this as if it is our last resort, when it is our ONLY resort.

I have just been told by my parents that they do not want me to come see my father because they do not want me talking about the gospel. I know that God does not need me there, but it is still very painful.

I have kept you in my heart also. Your life has many similarities with mine (prodigal children, unsaved parents).

2012/3/21 21:58Profile
MaryJane

Re:

I will pray for you and your parents. I don't have any sure fire answers to share with you about sharing with your mom or dad. My own dad died in 09 holding firmly to his faith and belief in the Roman Catholic church. I try not to think of him very often because honestly I do not know what his eternity is like, I know he is in the Lords hands and that what ever is, is as it should be. I take comfort in knowing that God is in control and I find strength in HIM. I still try to share with my mom on occasion but she is not open to listening.

God Bless
mj

2012/3/21 22:16Profile
mama27

Re:

OOhhh!! So hard! My mom actually forbade me to "talk religion" to her anymore when I was trying to tell her about my being saved...and that was over 2 decades ago before she had Alzheimers...yet not when so close to death as your dad....I'm so sorry for the pain....Yes - God is surely not limited to having to use us children with our parents....

Thank you for your prayers....along with your dad, praying for your prodigal as well.....and Mary Jane, also for your mom....These loved ones are so close to my heart - I have not forgotten yours....(and your dad as well, JiG, if you are reading this thread)...

He surely loves them much more than we do!

2012/3/21 22:27Profile

Saw this when you posted it romanchog and have been praying.
As mama has said, we can feel for one another because we're all basically in the same boat and Yes, GOD does love them even more than we do. Amen!

If Muslims can have dreams about Jesus and turn to Him, I've been praying - "Why not for our families as well!"

A friend gave me a DVD that's the whole of John acted out. It's wonderful, but to get our families to watch it - Well, He has many ways to answer our prayers... "wherever two or more agree as touching anything."

We need faith boosters, LORD. Thank You, Father GOD!

2012/3/21 22:55
romanchog

An update on my father. He is taking some medication that is making him feel better. He is not being treated for the cancer itself, which seems pretty advanced, so we don't know how long he actually has to live. But it is good that he is feeling better.

It is also good news that my father has asked me to come to see him. He had refused to allow me to come just a couple of months ago because he did not want to hear the gospel. My husband, my kids and I have been praying for his salvation and this seems an opportunity presented by God to present the gospel to my father and mother.

Please pray that I will be a vessel of the Holy Spirit and that I may speak only the words that God puts in my mouth, and none of my own and that I may be Christ to them. Also pray that their hearts be prepared to receive the Word and that the works of the enemy in their lives is destroyed.

Thank you all for your prayers.

2012/5/20 14:30Profile
mama27

Re:

Well, Praise the Lord! I have not prayed daily, but I have not ceased to pray for your dad. I think this is a HUGE answer to prayer. Let us know exactly when you will go to see him and we will be in prayer. I have goosebumps! :) The Lord will be with you....

2012/5/20 14:35Profile

Re:

So glad you will be able to speak with him.....praying for His mighty presence.

2012/5/20 15:16

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy