SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Scriptures and Doctrine : The vileness of the saint

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 Next Page )
PosterThread

Re:

Not much Watchman Nee for me, but that is a thread derail.

http://www.apologeticsindex.org/2694-watching-out-for-watchman-nee

http://thebereans.net/arm-wnee.shtml

OJ

2012/4/11 1:13
Christinyou

Ca.

Re:

Is Christ vile?

Is Christ in you?

In Christ and Christ in me: Phillip

2012/4/11 4:23Profile
hmmhmm

Sweden

Re: The vileness of the saint

I think the closer we come to God the more sinful we become, the more vile one might feel or see, but if one stays there one has missed it... one can never be clensed without first being filthy.

I belive as Tozer says and John Wesley, but both of them did also preach press on towards perfection. If we stay with our eyes focused on our own vileness we will never have victory.

God exposes our own self and nature for a reason that we can overcome and fullfill the very reason he saved us, to become like christ.

When God exposes the vile in me it is not so that i should linger upon it and stay in that place, it is so i can press on and become more Christlike.

2012/4/11 5:31Profile
brothagary

Re:

amen and amen , who would want to dwel on them selfs for long ,,,only takes a few minutes and ,spontainous, prayer

blessed are the poor in spirit for theres is the kingdom of heaven

2012/4/11 6:54Profile
Christinyou

Ca.

Re:

There is only One Love the Father can rejoice and glory in, the Love of the only obedient begotten Son of the Seed of His Father, given proof by His obedience of ultimate Love, even to the death of the Cross, that Jesus Christ might present to the Father many sons'.

The Love of Christ coming forth from us through us and as us, is the only Love God can receive. The vileness of the son's of God is killed out and the perfect righteous Love of the Christ that is in us and been made in us to be the Glory the Father wants and receives from me by the Christ Love in me.

1 Corinthians 1:27-31 But God hath chosen the foolish things of the world to confound the wise; and God hath chosen the weak things of the world to confound the things which are mighty; And base things of the world, and things which are despised, hath God chosen, yea, and things which are not, to bring to nought things that are: That no flesh should glory in his presence. But of him are ye in Christ Jesus, who of God is made unto us wisdom, and righteousness, and sanctification, and redemption: That, according as it is written, He that glorieth, let him glory in the Lord.

I am the week and vile thing in this world that confounds the mighty, thinking they can be what God wants by their good works, I that was despised am chosen which was not and could not bring glory to God unless the Only Son was made in me His righteousness, His wisdom, His sanctification, His redemption, by His prefect Love in me by His Spirit that now lives in me, which without I am none of His, a total and complete vile person headed for Hell and damnation, but praise God I am now headed to the Father's House by Jesus Christ who presents me to the Father without spot or wrinkle.

This is what our new husband has done and is doing to present us to Himself and "Our Father".

Ephesians 5:26-28 That he might sanctify and cleanse it with the washing of water by the word, That he might present it to himself a glorious church, not having spot, or wrinkle, or any such thing; but that it should be holy and without blemish. So ought men to love their wives as their own bodies. He that loveth his wife loveth himself.

Ephesians 5:30 For we are members of his body, of his flesh, and of his bones.

Ephesians 5:32 This is a great mystery: but I speak concerning Christ and the church.

The Mystery revealed to Paul;

Colossians 1:26-29 Even the mystery which hath been hid from ages and from generations, but now is made manifest to his saints: To whom God would make known what is the riches of the glory of this mystery among the Gentiles; which is Christ in you, the hope of glory: Whom we preach, warning every man, and teaching every man in all wisdom; that we may present every man perfect in Christ Jesus: Whereunto I also labour, striving according to his working, which worketh in me mightily.

Praise God this is my striving: by His working, which worketh in me mightily and is not vile.

In Christ, Standing prefect before the Father by the Son:

Phillip

2012/4/11 14:59Profile

Re:

Quote:
When God exposes the vile in me it is not so that i should linger upon it and stay in that place, it is so i can press on and become more Christlike.

I guess the question begging to be asked is how Christlike are you?

0%
Less than 1%
About 10%
About 25%
About 50%
About 75%
Surely not 100%

It comes down to the math, when you trend them out 1/infinity = 10/infinity and both ultimately trend to zero or at least as small a number as you can imagine. Christ is infinite, you and I are not. Christ is infinitely good, you and I are not. You, me, and Hitler could be 9,10,11 (doesn't matter who is who) and as far as our Christlikeness goes we are all relative zeroes.

When God exposes the vile in you it actually has a different purpose than having you become more Christlike, what is that purpose?

OJ

2012/4/11 23:36

Re:

Quote:
Is Christ vile?

Is Christ in you?

In Christ and Christ in me: Phillip

No.

Yes.

Continuing on:

Does Christ sin? No

Do you sin? Yes

With Christ in you, who you going to blame for that? None other than you. Pretty vile of us to still sin in spite of God working in us. In fact it is even more vile than those who sin without God working in them, because our sin is against grace.

Just like you can't charge Christ with sin, you can't say that His righteousness is physically yours, only that his righteousness may be imputed to you for faith's sake.

OJ

2012/4/11 23:54
Christinyou

Ca.

Re:

Galatians 2:16-21 Knowing that a man is not justified by the works of the law, but by the faith of Jesus Christ, even we have believed in Jesus Christ, that we might be justified by the faith of Christ, and not by the works of the law: for by the works of the law shall no flesh be justified. But if, while we seek to be justified by Christ, we ourselves also are found sinners, is therefore Christ the minister of sin? God forbid. For if I build again the things which I destroyed, I make myself a transgressor. For I through the law am dead to the law, that I might live unto God. I am crucified with Christ: nevertheless I live; yet not I, but Christ liveth in me: and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by the faith of the Son of God, who loved me, and gave himself for me. I do not frustrate the grace of God: for if righteousness come by the law, then Christ is dead in vain.

How are we righteous? We are righteous because of Christ, not because of me not sinning. Christ can never be the minister of sin. If I build upon the law again, I fall into the trap which Christ came to destroy, so I cannot be resurrected into the Law and condemnation ever again, or Christ died in vain. If I sin or when I sin, only confession is necessary to receive God's Grace in Christ Jesus, He is the only reason God is faithful to forgive and cleanse from all unrighteousness.

Romans 8:35-39 Who shall separate us from the love of Christ? shall tribulation, or distress, or persecution, or famine, or nakedness, or peril, or sword? As it is written, For thy sake we are killed all the day long; we are accounted as sheep for the slaughter. Nay, in all these things we are more than conquerors through him that loved us. For I am persuaded, that neither death, nor life, nor angels, nor principalities, nor powers, nor things present, nor things to come, Nor height, nor depth, nor any other creature, shall be able to separate us from the love of God, which is in Christ Jesus our Lord.

There is only vileness left in the flesh and it is dead before God and this is how we are to see ourselves, alive unto God by His Spirit that is now in us.

Romans 8:35-39 Who shall separate us from the love of Christ? shall tribulation, or distress, or persecution, or famine, or nakedness, or peril, or sword? As it is written, For thy sake we are killed all the day long; we are accounted as sheep for the slaughter. Nay, in all these things we are more than conquerors through him that loved us. For I am persuaded, that neither death, nor life, nor angels, nor principalities, nor powers, nor things present, nor things to come, Nor height, nor depth, nor any other creature, shall be able to separate us from the love of God, which is in Christ Jesus our Lord.

If you want to stay in the vileness of condemned sinners in the flesh, that is your choice.. That is not why Christ went to the cross, He went to the cross to redeem this vile sinner, He by His Spirit which is perfect gives me this perfection by; Colossians 1:27-29 To whom God would make known what is the riches of the glory of this mystery among the Gentiles; which is Christ in you, the hope of glory: Whom we preach, warning every man, and teaching every man in all wisdom; that we may present every man perfect in Christ Jesus: Whereunto I also labour, striving according to his working, which worketh in me mightily.

Not teaching the vileness of the saint anymore. But by the Christ in you the Hope of Glory. This teaching is in the wisdom of Christ who is now our wisdom, made unto us by the Father.

1 Corinthians 1:29-31 That no flesh should glory in his presence. But of him are ye in Christ Jesus, who of God is made unto us wisdom, and righteousness, and sanctification, and redemption: That, according as it is written, He that glorieth, let him glory in the Lord.

Not vileness.
"He who's mind is kept on Me, I will keep him in perfect peace" Not the corrupt mind of vileness.

In Christ: Phillip

2012/4/12 14:33Profile

Re:

Those two links about Nee are inaccurate.

2012/4/12 22:30

Re:

{thread de-rail on}

Do you believe this site then?

http://www.watchmannee.org/major-teachings.html

From Watchman Nee’s own words:
“He also resurrected from the dead and was transformed from God's only begotten Son to God's firstborn Son. Furthermore, in resurrection He became the life-giving Spirit to enter into the believers…”

“His resurrection also transformed Him into a life-giving Spirit, the Holy Spirit, the reality of life, who enters into His believers to regenerate them, to bring their humanity into divinity…”

“He is the reality of the Triune God, the reality of Christ, the reality of all the truths, and the reality of the resurrection of Christ.”

“After His death, His whole being was resurrected, and in resurrection He was transformed into a life-giving Spirit.”

According to Watchman Nee, Jesus Christ (second person of the Trinity) became the Holy Spirit (third person of the Trinity) at the resurrection, and he repeated it several times to be clear; this is patently false. When a person has made a wrong turn at the person of Christ, it matters not how big of house they have built, it is built on sand and will be crushed at the judgment. I learned very early on that Watchman Nee was a false teacher, in reading a book of his, can’t remember which one, but it ended up in the trash within a few chapters.

{thread de-rail off}

OJ

2012/4/13 0:20

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy