SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : Obama; son of Islam?....Raymond Ibrahim..[ well done ]

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 Next Page )
PosterThread
iceman9

New York

Re:

jimdied2sin - Are you serious?

The Scriptures say that "you will know them by their fruit." Matthew 7:16

The fruit of your writing shows you clearly are a super left leaning liberal. You are throwing race around in your comments like a mad man.

It appears you have a major issue with race. Repent!

I don't care what color a candidate is I look at the issues, you apparently do not. I will vote for the candidate that best represents the foundation of my faith from the Scriptures.

You should try that too.

Your type of liberalism is much more dangerous to our country that any Christian has ever been jim.

2012/2/29 16:37Profile

Re:

"The fruit of your writing shows you clearly are a super left leaning liberal."

You are judging from the flesh. I am not a liberal or conservative.

"You are throwing race around in your comments like a mad man."

Because I believe there is a racial issue involved in this topic.

"It appears you have a major issue with race. Repent!"

Wow - a false call to repentance, seriously iceman. Shall I repent of what the Lord has shown me? I have no issue with race, I fellowship with romanian brethren, caucasian brethren, african american brethren. Maybe I am striking at a deep issue in your heart that you have with race?

"Your type of liberalism is much more dangerous to our country that any Christian has ever been jim."

This is such a lie. Here are some previous thoughts I have shared that show that. Do you serve the kingdom of america or the kingdom of God, the christian right or the church of the first born whos names are written in heaven? I am sorry for being unclear and contributing to whatever it is that drove you to write such misguided lies.

http://fleebabylon.wordpress.com/2010/09/25/liberal-and-conservative/

http://fleebabylon.wordpress.com/2010/08/19/a-false-reformation-called-emergent/

in Christ -Jim

2012/2/29 17:09

Re:

"Brother,

He's being sarcastic (as only a democrat can be!!) LOLOL

God bless,
Lisa "

Sister-

Do you see how we are programmed to pick things the Lord never intended for us. Since I'm not a republican, I must be a democrat? Since I'm not an armenian I must be a calvinist? The world gives us these things to choose from - even its religion.. baptist, nazarine, methodist, etc. No thanks - none of the above! Jesus is my king and His is my kingdom. I think that is a good mind to have brethren, that which was given from heaven and not false choices given from men.

God bless you sister - Jim

2012/2/29 17:18
Lysa

East TN for now!

Re: jimdied2sin

Quote:
jimdied2sin wrote:
Do you see how we are programmed to pick things the Lord never intended for us. Since I'm not a republican, I must be a democrat? Since I'm not an armenian I must be a calvinist? The world gives us these things to choose from - even its religion.. baptist, nazarine, methodist, etc. No thanks - none of the above! Jesus is my king and His is my kingdom. I think that is a good mind to have brethren, that which was given from heaven and not false choices given from men.

God bless you sister - Jim

I am sorry that I offended you; my heart was not to make fun of your political standing. I should have stopped with the explanation, “He’s being sarcastic,” and left it at that. Because if only you knew how many times I’ve been called a “liberal Christian” here in East TN because I don’t agree that often with the “religious right” of the Republican Party. I lean heavily toward the Libertarian Party. Anyway, please forgive me.

God bless you,
Lisa

2012/2/29 17:53Profile

Re:

"I am sorry that I offended you; my heart was not to make fun of your political standing"

You didnt offend me at all dear sister! Plus, I can see how what I wrote could be misread. This is actually the first time I have been suspected of being a liberal! Our unity is in Christ and His gospel, not in a political philosophy. God bless you Lysa.

Jim

2012/2/29 18:00

Re:

I went to the David Horowitz Freedom Center site and what I saw is the same spirit that fueled the crusades.

-Jim

2012/2/29 18:43

Re:

I see where Jim is coming from and agree with him. We are called to be citizens of the heavenly kingdom and not of a political territory. Our respidibility is to obey the governing authorities provided that such laws fo not conflict with the gospel.

The mandate for the believer is to preach the gospel not elect a republican or tea party or democratic president. Our destination is a heavenly city. We do not worship the U S Constitution or the Declaration of Independence. We worship Jesus. We do not pledge allegiance to a piece of cloth. We pledge our allegiance to Jesus. To pledge allegaiance to the flag is idolitry. To worship the United States of America is idolitry.

Their is a new idolitry emerging among evangelicals. It is worship of America, worship of the flag, worship of the Constitution, worship of Israel, and so on. Our loyalty is not to Caesar but to Christ himself. Yet a number of Christians are forgetting this.

I stand with the Annabaptidt who saw their loyalty to Christ and not to the state. They would obey the laws of the state but would not be involved with the activities of the state. The early Christians would obey Caesar but not worship him.

It would have been unthinkable to see the Roman eagle which represented the power of Caesar standing in a first century church. Yet we have the American flag in front of most American protestant churches. Again a new heresy is emerging. The worship of America.

Just as the Chineese have the Three Self Patriotic Movement Church with government backing, we have the 501c3 government backed church. For the mostt part this is the church that worships America.

Again our citizenship is above in. the kingdom of heaven. We have another King, one called Jesus. Our mandate is to preach his gospel.

Blaine Scogin

2012/2/29 18:59
savedtoserve

Re:

Quote:
I stand with the Anabaptists who saw their loyalty to Christ and not to the state. They would obey the laws of the state but would not be involved with the activities of the state. The early Christians would obey Caesar but not worship him.

It would have been unthinkable to see the Roman eagle which represented the power of Caesar standing in a first century church. Yet we have the American flag in front of most American protestant churches. Again a new heresy is emerging. The worship of America.

Just as the Chineese have the Three Self Patriotic Movement Church with government backing, we have the 501c3 government backed church. For the most part this is the church that worships America.

Again our citizenship is above in. the kingdom of heaven. We have another King, one called Jesus. Our mandate is to preach his gospel.

Amen, martyr! Praise the Lord.

savedtoserve

2012/2/29 19:23Profile
ccchhhrrriiisss

Re:

Hi Brother Jim,

I understand where you are coming from in terms of your perspective -- even if I might disagree with the full extent of it. If anything, this is where I have to disagree with your claim that you are "impartial" in all of this:

Quote:

"This article is very disturbing. I believe THE CHRISTIAN RIGHT IS FAR MORE DANGEROUS than islam or any liberal could ever be. A white republican claiming to be a christian, with no fruit to suport it, gets full allegiance from americas sick christendom. Not the black democrat though, we have more "discernment" than to fall for that."

If there was impartiality here, you would have lumped them all -- Democrats or Republican elected representatives, Muslims, Mormons and Catholics -- into one single "dangerous" group. However, you insisted that the "Christian right" (which is a broadly painted term -- that you would be quickly lumped together with by most of the people that I live around given your faith and views on matters like abortion, homosexuality, etc...) is "FAR MORE DANGEROUS THAN ISLAM OR ANY LIBERAL COULD EVER BE."

I think that your sense of urgency may be resultant of the notion that you see many Christians meander into politics or a particular legislative persuasion over another (whether candidate or party). Now, I suppose that there are some individuals who may get "full allegiance" because they are a "white Republican" with certain individuals. However, that is far from the "rule" or even the "norm."

There are many believers who do vote...with a prayerful, clear conscience...who aren't "bowing their knees" or "declaring allegiance" to a candidate, party, or system of man. They are simply voicing an opinion -- through a vote -- about which current candidate (or even party platform) is best at this particular time.

Over time, I have noticed that those who are most concerned about participation in voting, politics, etc... are most vocal when it comes to those who trend toward the political "right." Some of the individuals who loudly opposed President Bush or even openly questioned his eternal status were a little less vocal (or even silent) during the last election.

Again, this could be because they feel that there is greater danger in supporting "angels of light" over the more obvious immorality of a party that supports abortion, homosexual activism, or other causes that molest the consciences (in regard to issues of "justice," "righteousness" vs. "unrighteousness") of certain believers.

Still, I agree with your notion that we must pray for elected leaders. Like many, I disagree with certain policies of President Obama. To a lesser extent, I disagreed with certain policies of President Bush. However, my wife and I have remembered BOTH of these men in our prayers. We try to make no public assumptions about their respective eternal conditions -- regardless of what might be "apparent" reasons to do so. In fact, I pray that the Lord would do in these men what I so desperately want the Lord to do in my own life.

However, I do fear that we meander beyond mere politics by linking it to some sort of "evil" simply because a believer will (gasp) feel a need to voice support for one man over another in an election.

Moreover, I do think that we must be careful about this election season. This forum is not about politics...even if it is so easy to link such matters into what we feel to be the current condition of the Church or as a cause behind why Christ-centered revival is sorely lacking in the Church. There are many reasons why the Church is asleep (or worse), but even if you believe that ANY participation in the process is wrong, it is merely a "symptom" of that slumbered or deathly condition and not an actual "cause."

May the Lord turn our eyes upon Jesus. May we follow Him wholeheartedly...and without being led astray by the concerns of this world as we follow Him with a clear conscience.

2012/2/29 19:40Profile

Re:

Chris-

God bless you brother, sorry if I came off as condemning those who vote. That is not my heart. I am not strongly political or anti-political. My comments were based on the fact that there is a lot of thinly disguised hatred towards our current (seemingly) lost president while previous (seemingly) lost republican presidents get a free pass. A lot of rhetoric about Obama, but little love and prayer for him.

You said: "If anything, this is where I have to disagree with your claim that you are "impartial" in all of this"

Luke 12:47 And that servant who knew his master’s will, and did not prepare himself or do according to his will, shall be beaten with many stripes.

Those who profess to be Gods party while exploiting wage earners, teaching them to hate others, and sending Gods children to kill arabs overseas to secure american interests will have the greater damnation. Muslims and the typical liberal are just lost people following the agenda that lost people follow. I am not sticking up for them at all, but according to scripture it appears that they will be beaten only with a few stripes while the christian right will be beaten with many.

Also, because I have been taken captive by the christian right in the past and have repented of it I am more outspoken about that. I have never been a muslim or a liberal though. Sort of like how others on SI who came out of bad legalistic background are the most outspoken against legalism. Even if going a little overboard sometime.

You said: "I think that your sense of urgency may be resultant of the notion that you see many Christians meander into politics or a particular legislative persuasion over another"

Brother, that is not it. It is something much bigger. Pledging allegiance to king ceaser over king Jesus. Striking hands of unity with the baals (glen beck, bill o'rielly, etc) to keep america a "christian" nation. I have nothing against a believer voting republican or democrat if they think they must choose the lesser of two evils. Though I don't join in the voting I do not condemn anyone who does. I am talking about something much bigger that substitutes the gospel of america for the gospel of the kingdom.

You said: "There are many believers who do vote...with a prayerful, clear conscience...who aren't "bowing their knees" or "declaring allegiance" to a candidate, party, or system of man."

I know - sorry if I made it sound that I felt otherwise!

You said: "Over time, I have noticed that those who are most concerned about participation in voting, politics, etc... are most vocal when it comes to those who trend toward the political "right." Some of the individuals who loudly opposed President Bush or even openly questioned his eternal status were a little less vocal (or even silent) during the last election. "

Then we must travel completely different circles. Most church people I know are taken captive by the christian right.

You said: "Still, I agree with your notion that we must pray for elected leaders. Like many, I disagree with certain policies of President Obama. To a lesser extent, I disagreed with certain policies of President Bush. However, my wife and I have remembered BOTH of these men in our prayers... May the Lord turn our eyes upon Jesus. May we follow Him wholeheartedly...and without being led astray by the concerns of this world as we follow Him with a clear conscience."

Amen brother - God bless you and your wife in Christ Jesus.

Jim

2012/2/29 20:51

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy