SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : What I have against The Baptist Doctrine: From 1 Baptist 2 Another

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 Next Page )
PosterThread

Re:

Quote:
Hello Krispy you wrote:

"2) Not all Baptists teach this. (especially southern Baptists which primarily teach Semi-Pelagianism... as do most evangelical churches today)"

Could you expound further giving examples of what you consider to be semi-pelagian in their doctrine?

One more question: in your view what are the warning passages in scripture for?

Russ

Sorry, I could but I do not have the time to get drawn into this. One explanation leads to more questions and more explanations...etc etc.

TOMES have been written that explain my position. I would recommend you start with "Institutes of the Christian Religion" by John Calvin. Most people who will disparage this book have never actually seen a copy of it, much less read it.

Krispy

2012/2/28 10:31
rnieman

Re:

brother Krispy, then why makes statements like that when you know it will spark further dialogue....

Russ

2012/2/28 14:21Profile
jimp

Re:

hi, who said i believe in osas? i believe in the eternal security of the BELIEVER.jimp

2012/2/28 16:28Profile

Re:

Approved said: "Jim, I agree with 99.9% of your post Brother."

Then we must start a denomination together so others can learn our doctrine! Seriously though, I agree with you too and realized that after reading your recent posts. Can you give me a description of someone that would fit Hebrews 10:26. Would they still claim Jesus with their lips but deny them by their actions - or deny him outright?

In Christ -Jim

2012/2/28 16:32

Re:

Quote:
brother Krispy, then why makes statements like that when you know it will spark further dialogue....

Because the truth is be declared, brother... not debated.

Krispy

2012/2/28 16:58
jimp

Re:

hi, we are saved by grace thru faith. biblical faith is hearing a word from God personally and receiving it and believing it and OBEYING it.if you are saved you are walking in the Spirit and not in the flesh and by walking in the Spirit than you are walking in obedience.jimp of course you fail...that is why you need a redeemer and Someone to make intercession for you.jimp john 3:16 God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son wo whosoever believe into (eis) Him should have eternal life.

2012/2/28 18:08Profile

Re:

Jim, Though not common, men have turned their back purposefully and as the scripture uses it, willfully.

Here is an excerpt from this source you can read the rest on that site if you like. It's a sad story.

Quote:
As many of you know, Billy Graham and Charles Templeton were evangelists who rose to fame in the 40s (Graham, of course, is still an evangelist). Early in their careers they were friends – close friends. Many have said Templeton was the one that everyone thought was going to overturn the world with the Gospel. However, Templeton ended up leaving the Christian faith, eventually becoming an atheist. In 1982, though still an atheist, he said of Billy Graham, “There is no feigning in him: he believes what he believes with an invincible innocence. He is the only mass evangelist I would trust” (Anecdotal Memoir). Templeton died in 2001 at the age of 86, shortly after he wrote what I consider to be one of the most heart-breaking books ever published: "Farewell to God"

http://www.reclaimingthemind.org/blog/2011/07/billy-graham-vs-charles-templeton-at-some-point-we-have-to-decide-to-believe/

2012/2/28 20:21
jimp

Re:

hi, then he was no longer a believer.
it is (eternal security of the BELIEVER)jimp

2012/2/28 21:26Profile
pilgrim777

Re:

I believe in the insecurity of the unbeliever.

2012/2/29 0:01Profile
brothagary

Re:

would that be eturnal insecurity

2012/2/29 0:55Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy