SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : News and Current Events : Franklin Graham's sad presentation of the "Gospel"

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 Next Page )
PosterThread

Re:

Hi brothers and sisters,

We shall all give an account to the Lord for what we do with what has been revealed to us. For those who replied civily while still disagreeing with me, I appreciate that. If I worried about losing respect of people, then I would never have become a Christian. The Truth, spoken in love is powerful. Catholics are not saved. Mormons are not saved. The Mormon Jesus is not the Jesus of the Scriptures. There is nothing radical in what I am saying, what is radical and new is that people would say otherwise. Anyone who would share this falsehood would, at the very least, be giving a sad account of the Gospel. I actually thought I was being mild :)

Perhaps one day I will lose a lot more for this stand than the respect of some folks on SI, so be it. The whole world can chase after a watered down Gospel, but God has His people who know His word and who will stand upon it. The watered down Gospel will not prevail against the Truth. The next time you meet a Catholic or a Mormon and you tell them to go in peace and not share the Truth with them, it will not be me you will answer to. To truly love a Catholic (ex Catholic) is to share the true Gospel with them. I got that from Art Katz only he was speaking about Jewish people................bro Frank

2012/2/21 19:23
Solomon101

America's Flyover Country

Re:

@ Appolos and any who disagreed with me on the thread-

There is one and only one issue for me here. Namely this-

1. You started a thread making a severe accusation against Franklin Graham referencing a you tube video as evidence.

2. I listend to the video you posted in its entirety. I then searched and found one that was longer and included more of the interview. (It is also fairly obvious that several folks chiming in on the thread did not listen to it at all but just started piling on)

3. Franklin Graham DID NOT IN ANY WAY say the things he is accused of on this thread.

What do you do with that. You see accusations against a person and when you check it out those accusations are false. Appolos, and others,... you are accusing the man of saying things he never stated. I listened to the videos... I know.

I defend any brothers when unjustly attacked. Hey guys, I would defend you in the same way if the false accusations were against you.

That's all there is to it really. If you actually listen to the tape without prejudging it you will find Franklin DID NOT say the things he is accused of.

How you deal with that is in your court. As for me I will always defend the falsely accused brother. I take my leave of the thread having heard the actual evidence and expressed myself based on what it actually said.

Blessings.

2012/2/21 19:47Profile

Re: Franklin Graham's sad presentation of the "Gospel"

I watched the video three times, and thought that Graham did a good job in the wolf pen...[ CNN liberal interview? ] He stated clearly that most Christians do not accept Mormonism as Christian, and he did not condemn Gingrich because he stated that he was a Christian. He accepted his statement that Newt believed.

He also said that Santorum is displaying moral values that makes him believe he is Christian......while condemning Obama as favoring the Muslim cause, over Christians that are being martyred in Muslim countries.

This all was in response to the Republican Presidential race and in the face of anti-Christ , aggressive journalists that were pro-Obama and did not like it that Graham, a leading Christian leader [ maybe top ] criticized the president for obvious non-Christian policies.

Yes, he may have been overly diplomatic, but in the context of the theme of the interview [ not a preaching situation ] Graham was giving an opinion on candidates.

Watch the video after reading my take, and see if it offends you, as it did not me. Graham tried to be non-judgmental, while still being objective. He did better than I would of. This was an "I GOT CHA!" , SET-UP, ENTRAPMENT type of interview, and Graham held up well, I think.

2012/2/21 19:53
Jeremy221

Re: Franklin Graham's sad presentation of the "Gospel"

I'd like to weigh in on this too. Brother Tom, the link you posted is a collection of clips from an interview with Franklin Graham on an NBC program. The video runs for 2:11.

In this piece the news anchors attempt to hear a judgement from Franklin Graham about whether the candidates would be classified as Christians according to Franklin Graham's knowledge of them. The news anchors attempt to corner him into stating his views to which he replies that you need to ask man individually. He then states that in separate answers about each candidate that they claim to be Christians. However, he makes no claim that any of them are. By suggestion, it appears he believes that Newt Gingrich is one. When asked about President Barrack Oboma, he notes that he has shown strong sympathies for Muslims while neglecting the persecuted Church in Muslim countries.

In this video, Franklin Graham said very little himself. He told the viewers to look into things themselves. It appeared that he was telling the truth but not stepping on anyone's toes by making a declarative judgement. He was being as shrewd as a serpent and harmless as a dove. We have to remember that there are times when the Lord would have us say nothing but be required to speak. I'm glad he didn't speak like a slimy politician and sling the mud they wanted him to. The Lord has us to tell the truth as well. I have noticed some make assertions about one thing here when their intention is somewhere else. That is a far cry from the Truth revealed by the Spirit that is hidden from the children of disobedience. If you are not walking in the Truth here, you are not walking in the Spirit.

Go repent.

2012/2/21 20:00Profile
MrBillPro

Texas

Re:

I personally am not defending anyone. I just wished we could put the shoe on the other foot, and bring to light some of the things the folks that like to expose others, and be able to expose their sins.

2012/2/21 20:05Profile
roadsign

Re:

Just curious, Is it being interpreted that because I made a comment about the broad umbrella of Christianity I was implying that everyone who is under that umbrella is truly saved? Just to clarify any possible misunderstanding: That is not what I believe. On the final day many will say “Lord, Lord…” and Jesus will say.” Depart from me…” That includes a large portion of professing Christians in our own “branch”.
I think it’s important to be aware that the term “Christian” has different implications to different people. It so happens that we don’t have exclusive rights to the word, “Christian”. Many people use it, and we have to accept that. Of course that doesn’t mean we mean the same thing. Graham is clearly aware of that.

Quote:
The whole world can chase after a watered down Gospel,

Franklin, notice, did not offer a watered down Gospel. And he admits he does not accept many tenants of Mormonism. He never said they were right, or that anybody in question was right. And he succinctly testified to his own salvation.

Don’t you think he was wise to avoid throwing pearls before swine or falling for the obvious trap being set for him in this interview? That’s what Jesus did when he was set up by the hypocrites. Perhaps Graham could have had a more offensive strategy up his sleeve – that would get his interrogators to examine their own hearts, and be silenced.

I admit, I’m not encultured to the American way of thinking, so I really don’t understand what’s behind this strange youtube interview. All I see is that it’s hardly a venue for presenting the gospel, or for any rational dialogue on the faith.

Diane

2012/2/21 20:06Profile

Re:

My original post, for those who may not be bothered to go back and read it..........

"Sadly I watched secular Liberals expose the preposterous twistings and turnings of a man, who seemed not to know what is the Gospel of the Lord Jesus Christ. He believes that Rick Santorum is a Christian because of his good morals??? He states that Mormons believe in Jesus Christ??? I wacthed the whole interview and it made me squirm in my seat"

First of all, there is a reason wny Franklin is on there. He was not cornered, he came. And by coming and by being on MSNBC before, and on TV a thousand times, there could be no surprises. I stated that it was a sad presentaton because of two things. One he said, and now I quote verbatim " Of course they believe in Jesus Christ." They, being the Mormons. When asked why he believed that Rick Santorum was a Chriatian he replied and again verbatim " because his values are so clear on moral issues."

This is and was and will continue to be my focus. I have no intention of running down rabbit trails of attacking other people on this thread. So I will ask again, and please stick to the issues if it is possible.

1. Is a man saved by having good moral values or by being a Catholic?
2. Do Mormons believe in the Jesus Christ of the Gospel?

These are simple questions. This is the only questions that I will respond to, this is the issues that I raised. I think it would be interesting to see what people actually believe.......... bro Frank

2012/2/21 20:24
MrBillPro

Texas

Re:

Quote:
notlongnow....There is something seriously wrong with the people on here who so vehemently defend doctrines of devils and apostate Christianity. (Examine yourselves, whether ye be in the faith; prove your own selves. Know ye not your own selves, how that Jesus Christ is in you, except ye be reprobates? 2 Cor 13:5)

I wouldn't even debate these people after one or two rebukes, they are not lovers of the truth and are clearly showing where they stand and what is in their hearts.

This post should be on the "wall of shame" if we had one, this illustrates a perfect example of someone that did not give much thought to their post. I don't feel lead or called to expose, but I do feel called to Love, unless Jesus told you something he forgot to tell me.

2012/2/21 20:26Profile

Re:

The problem is, is that the Grahams have soaked themselves into Global Politics from the beginning.
Unless you've truly studied their activities world wide for all the years that Billy started his ministry, you won't understand that they are what would be termed by some as "Globalists".

The world is split in only two groups now, politically - those that are Globalists and those that are not.
Christians are not.

Those that are Globalists are "inter-faith" as well.
There are whole denominations going in that direction.
I used to promote Anne Graham Lotz, despite her father's background, Until she hooked up with the UN General Assembly.

When Billy was "Knighted" by the Queen, that was his reward for all that he had done as the Protestant Pope by mingling in from the beginning with Global Politics.

They CAN'T define Christianity and still be a part of Global Politics.

For those with a Bible - Globalism is the foundation for the antiChrist one world government.

If you want your friends sending their hard earned money to these type ministries - I question your love for your friends. To support any inter-faith ministry in these days when the world is so desperately in need - in So many countries - to hear the true Gospel and yet they can't raise the funds to distribute enough Biblical literature nor missionaries - is a crime.

There are only two type of "Christian ministries" out there -- they are either going with this political emerging merger of Global Political Unity that is soley running on inter-faith dialogue or they're the true Biblical Church of Christ. There's nothing else out there anymore.
These candidates that are being called Christians, are inter-faith Globalists and not Christians at all.

Everyone works very hard for the money that they give out to any ministry and to find out that you've been supporting the ministries that are responsible for the forming of a one world antiChrist-type government and religion is the most shameful thing that could be connected with The Church of GOD.

There are no 'Christians' on the Election Ballots and we need to be looking for His Kingdom and not the kingdom of this world any longer - nor it's inter-faith TV Broadcasts.

If being accused by others on this one forum seems like a big deal right now - remember that taking a stand for Biblical Christianity may one day cost our heads. This is just a mild primer.

2012/2/21 21:37

Re:

Hey brothertom,

I am very surprised that you do not know the ecumenical nature of Franklin Graham. If anyone cares to spend just five minutes in study, you will know that the Graham organisation has been deeply involved in Catholicism and Catholics help at the crusades because it has been agreed not to proselitize Catholics or if any Catholics come forward, they are to be directed back to the Catholic church. Franklin went to the Popes funeral in his fathers place because Billy was ill. I urge all to do there own study and then come back and answer the two questions that I posed................bro Frank

2012/2/21 21:44

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy