SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Revivals And Church History : What is going on?

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 Next Page )
PosterThread
CJaKfOrEsT

Melbourne, Australia

Re:

Quote:

crsschk wrote:
Hey PJ,

Blessings to you brother. As to Mr. Cho, I too am with you in not having the time to delve into it all. There is enough to raise some red flags and that is all that was intended to be pointed out. Certainly you have enough discernment in this area. Enough said.

Kind of not really on the point, but both Ravenhill and Wilkerson had positive things to say about Dr Cho. Personally, I don't have an issue with him so much as the "legend of Cho", which has spawned all the "Yoido want-to-be"s, that think the answer to all their problems is "church growth" through cells, but then neglect the prayer aspect. Or they think that if they emulate prayre mountain, or introduce tabernacle prayer then evetything will be okay. It's all that "pragmatic stamp of apporval" thing that occurs in most charismatic churches in the world, where the pastors of big churches are "poster boys" and "gurus" with all the answers.

Anyway, that's what I think anyway.

2005/2/22 6:14Profile

Re: Need prayer.....think I'm coming down with something

if you could all pray for me....had to come home from work....feeling rather sick.
Thanks
PJ

2005/2/25 6:06

Re: Thank you!

Thank you for your prayers. My sickness was short lived! The temptations have produced now living nightmares to try and steal my peace...yet my peace is in God where I stay. My sister's visit has turned into one of healing and determination.

I asked the Lord to let me leave my world and sell it all to give to the poor or/and the missionaries. All in my time was his answer. It looks as though the Lord is going to answer in a mighty way. My heart is to follow him and spend my entire time in his service. Not servicing myself in "The American Way" of money, things, distractions.

The Lord led me through a retired Minister who did not know me into my line of work...and I knew better to follow and obey. It has been a real blessing in many ways. In God's time, I will be studying for the Ministry....but above all....there will be more time daily spent with God! NOTHING comes before God, and NOTHING will hinder me from drawing closer to God throughout the day. I prayed that God will close up the debts my sinful live gave....and provide the money for my schooling and everything...to have the God of George Mueller. He has given me a new drive/direction for my calling at my job....and this drive will produce the money needed to answer this prayer in a short time frame. How the Lord answers prayers and the variety of answerings!!!

Prayer for Revival is getting more intense and I look forward to the day of having others join in daily to pray for Revival and salvation of the lost!
PJ

2005/2/27 5:24

Re: For those of you who are praying....insights

Good Morning my Brothers & Sisters in Christ

This has been a wonderful last 24 hours. The book, "Why Revival Tarries" has come in while reading another book from J. Edwin Orr. Reading both books at the same time....during this morning's prayer time at 4 A.M., I enjoyed so much the presence of the Holy Spirit and his guiding during our conversations this morning!

For those of you wise enough in spiritual things/history.....you see what I am beginning to see a glimpse of. This morning I gave my Lord everything....myself, my things, my career, my reputation....nothing meant anything to me when I realized all the lost souls that will be entering Hell today and more tomorrow.....how will we gave an account of our Praylessness and our harboured sins that hinder our Prayers we selfish cry out to God for ourselves only?

How guilty am I. My heart hurts and agony swells my eyes....finish thy work Lord....take me to Hell....show me it thoroughly....show me the mean and scary person....the people whom frighten me sometimes....break me and bend me....break my heart Lord for the lost....teach me personally to pray always and with more heart for Revival and for the salvation of the lost. Tarry not Lord...let it be to me as your will desires....forgive me for my lack of Prayer.
PJ

2005/2/28 5:39

Re: An Amazing God! George Mueller's God!

Yesterday, I went about my business at work in the morning. Just before the doors opened for business, the least liked coworker came in and he addressed me. "Peter-John, aren't you looking for a large bird cage? Cause if you are there is one down the road on the side waiting to be hauled away in the trash...." I flew to the back and grabbed my coat and yelled out to my Manager that I would be right back....getting directions...I flew.

Now you would of laughed if you had seen me driving.....I was saying out loud...."Now don't speed....don't sin by sinning...if it's meant to be an answer to your prayer of having the God of George Mueller in your life it will be there as an answer to your prayer....don't speed...don't let the Devil have a foot hold cause you sin by speeding and breaking the law....calm down...don't speed.....this went on for about 10 minutes as I drove to the place where the bird cage was seen. This is one of the busiest street in the city.

And there it was! A perfectly large bird cage with all the toys and equipment in it...more than needed....a little bit bigger than I had hoped to find!!! I knocked on the people's door...though it was placed at the road side and it was obvious they were moving....I wanted to ask permission since I have not taken anything from the roadside in many years....no answer...the lady moving out on the side of the house saw me with the bird cage and waved at me with a smile.

It would not fit in the front door of my car. It would not fit in the back seat...I thought....then I pushed the front seat up all the way...back and all....and it won't fit in...then I thought...try the other end first...it barely fit!!!!

On the way back, I thanked the Lord and praised him for leading me see first hand that my prayers of having the Lord of George Mueller, Hudson Taylor, J. Edwin Orr .... were answered!!! What a loving God!! I needed this cage in 3 days and had asked the Lord to please provide one instead of me always shopping/buying....that I wanted the God I had read about in George Mueller's life and others ..... and he provided! In 3 days, I shall clean and disinfect the cage and toys...and separate the baby parrots as needed. It might seem like a small thing.....but that is what my heart wanted.....a God that is interested in the Great and the Small things and could be trusted to supply everything when needed!

I did not want to trust in horses and chariots (credit cards and bank loans).....I wanted to trusted in God for EVERYTHING!!! And God has a proven track record for the smallest things and the greatest things! Besides....I had fullfilled all the requirements of the prayer before asking...and God was faithful enough to answer when needed (actually this time it was a couple of days ahead!!!)!

Needless to say....I shared with everyone about it and told them about my prayer and desire...what a way to witness!!! What an answer!!! God is Good!
PJ

2005/3/1 5:55

Re: Going to Richard Owen Roberts' Revival Prayer Meeting 6:30AM

Thanks be to God for this site. I have recently found the video/audio on Richard Owen Roberts whom has been praying with a group for over 25 years for Revival. I called this morning and spoke with Richard about driving the 5 hour drive to join with them in prayer at their 6:30 A.M. meeting. Now I just need to make the arrangements and follow God's timing. This could turn out to be an all night prayer time with God while I'm driving!!! Then Prayer with Richard and his group...then praying all the way home! That would be over 11 hours with God with some serious intense praying with Brother Roberts and the people who have been praying for over 25 years.

If God let's me go on a Sunday...then I could go to bed Saturday after work for 5-6 hours of sleep...then get up at Midnight and drive to Wheaton...continue in prayer when I get there and go in to their prayer time at 6:30 A.M. Then I could attend Church with Brother Roberts and drive back home after church or so. What a way to serve the Lord!!!

Now I am close to Detroit, Michigan....does anyone know of any other person and/or group of people that get together for prayer early mornings for Revival that I can go visit? Say about no more than a 5-6 hour drive. I would greatly appreciate any insight.

Finding Mr. Roberts' group is such a joy!
PJ

2005/3/3 8:13

Re: I have stopped being polite

Yes, you heard right...I have stopped being polite to my sister. She has settled in and trying to run my house, my transportation for her and my life. As soon as that head raised, it was time to stop being polite and letting her adjust. I started living like I had before she came here and not stopping one thing.

On the way to her work, I pushed in my Sermon tapes copied from here on Revival and my scriptures to listen too. The car was silent as we drove and I enjoyed myself again! When we got home...I went in my office to listen to my sermons and also to work on the book God has me finishing this month on drawing closer to God. She is starting to see how my normal day goes. And she does not like it one bit. Even mentioned that she might be leaving earlier.

She had wanted to watch some TV show about the Devil's workers...some new show....I told her that witchcraft is not allowed in my home on that thing and if I ever hear or see that she has disobeyed my desires in my home I would disconnect Cable TV completely....that I only left it on for her stay anyways and it was coming out after she left. She could not believe it....I said do not push me....no one defiles my house when I have a say in it. The program did not air in this house.

I am polite and kind....but it's time she see who her brother is....since my siblings have only once in all the years ever made an attempt to come to my house and visit with me. I have always been the one to go see them on rare occasions. It's amazing when it hit me a couple of days ago. This is the only sibling to ever come over and it was only once...Thanksgiving dinner when her grown kids were coming over to eat a feast I had personally cooked....we had everything....even chestnuts roasting!

This is the sister that will tell everyone in the family about me and what I do. She is the whisper. And she will never come back after she leaves because that is the way my siblings are. So this is my only chance of witnessing to her here and her taking all the juices in and telling it to all. They will All be amazed about the change that it is real!

God is wise!
PJ

2005/3/4 7:52
crsschk

Santa Clara, CA

For the birds...

PJ.

Brother, you kill me...
And I mean that in the most profoundest wonderful way. It's your heart brother...

From the bird cage to ROR to your sister...
A couple of thoughts, in order;

1) Praise God! For the small and the large and for your faith believing, it's contagious!

2) Will be praying that this trip, Lord willing (and that is not lack of... the Lord has His reasons, James 4:13,14) will come to pass. And I for one will be awaiting a detailed report of all that transpires! Had the pleasure of hearing an interview with Richard Owen Roberts that a saint here sent and was touched by the "even-ness' of the man who could speak of the seriousness of the issues of the church in our day with the heart of a servant, it cut right through everything he said. Much wisdom gained by years of walking with the Lord, no doubt about it. This may be quite a profound moment in your life brother, keep us posted as to the progress and I will keep you up in the intercessory end of things.

3) Your sister. Might we have her name? Would be helpful. Appreciate and understand your strong stand brother and this may go without saying, but just to bring to remembrance that it is your life that she will be reading the scriptures from. Mercy and compassion along with conviction. I know you know, but....

1Th 5:17

2005/3/4 8:31Profile

Thanks for the encouraging post...dont forget I Thess. 5:16 too!!!

My sister's name is Beth. Now when God saves her....everyone will be more shocked than they were will me getting saved!!! I'll probably fall on the ground....tripping over my own feet in amazement and joy! But hey....God saved me and I have only heard about sinner any worst than me....I rank up there with Paul and worse.

That's why I love God and sinners so much....for anyone to forgive me so completely and make me a new person.....that could only be a God. And this God I want to meet and get to know. And that is what I am doing ...... I have met God and now I am getting to know him more each day!

Rejoice Evermore!
Pray without Ceasing!!!

I was real young and we thought it cute when I learned these after "Jesus Wept".

I thank God that he allowed me to go down the path I took. I thank God that he let me commit all the sins my mind could think of...everything and more.... For I can honestly say....I do not hold Spiritual Pride in my heart....for I am unworthy and definitely below my brothers and sisters in Christ. It's very humbling to see what I was and what I am.....and only a great big God can have accomplish this....by all stats...I should of been dead by now....yet God has protected me even when I was in jail and when I was homeless twice. The pit of sin is so shameful that it bothers me to think I had No self respect to have gone so low...criminally low.

If you are reading this and you have skeletons in your closet....repent of these and ask forgiveness....cause a real righteous man/woman of God's might see your skeletons and/or the devil might bring them to light to make you run from God in shame.....take control of the skeletons and give them to God. If he wants you to share them....he will give you the strength to share them and the stomach to be joyful that somehow someone will benefit. You will have peace instead of fear. And take comfort in knowing....they definitely are not worse than any of mine....God is in control of mine and I fear Not the devil exposing them anymore!

Like the Word of God that he chose and prepared for us to have in our Bible...Every word was chosen and given to us..... We too are care for by God with such tenderness....he loves us more than you can even image and so desires us to draw closer to him. We are wonderful designed and cared for!!!

There is such Freedom in Worshipping God!
PJ

2005/3/4 20:57

Re: Thanks for the encouraging post...dont forget I Thess. 5:16 too!!!

Hello P.J.

I've been greatly encouraged by reading your postings on this thread. What important business prayer is! I know God is going to use you tremendously if you keep on in prayer as you are.

I also love the idea of prayer online. How would it work?

Please, if you wouldn't mind, remember me in your prayers. For a while I've been getting up early too and it has been awesome, but this week I didn't - the attacks from the enemy have been heavy lately! And i have not withstood them well...falling in ways i normally wouldn't.

boy do we ever need prayer...we are so full of sin - just a few days in the flesh and i fall.

God bless you P.J.

Your brother in Christ,

Stephen

2005/3/5 1:17

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy