See Opportunities to Serve with SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Scriptures and Doctrine : So EXACTLY What Does It Take

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
PosterThread
Solomon101

America's Heartand

So EXACTLY What Does It Take

After nearly 4 years of interacting with the SI discussion forum I have a question for those who consistently post here. It is this-

What do you believe are the actual requirements for a person to be a child of God, have eternal life, and spend eternity with The Father, Son, and Holy Spirit? What are the actual requirements that make that true for a person... nothing more, nothing less, and nothing else.

Thanks for your input.

2012/2/8 16:01Profile

Re: So EXACTLY What Does It Take

Since you "consistantly" post here... what is your answer?

Awaiting your reply.

Krispy

2012/2/8 16:15

Brother Solomon, I believe sincerely that the answer to this is found in John's First Epistle.
We sometimes forget the fact that John was the closest to Jesus, for one very important reason.

GOD Bless you.

2012/2/8 17:11
Lysa

This world is not my home anymore.

Quote:
Solomon101 asked:

What do you believe are the actual requirements for a person to be a child of God, have eternal life, and spend eternity with The Father, Son, and Holy Spirit? What are the actual requirements that make that true for a person... nothing more, nothing less, and nothing else.

Ye must be born again... nothing more / nothing less!

Jesus didn't say you must be born again and wear a head covering to enter the Kingdom of God or believe in the pre-trib doctrine or keep the sabbath or believe you don't sin or anything else that someone wants to piggyback on to it.

mho and God bless,
Lisa

2012/2/8 17:45Profile
pilgrim777

Re:

Receiving His Spirit by faith makes us children of God.

Rom 8:9 But ye are not in the flesh, but in the Spirit, if so be that the Spirit of God dwell in you. Now if any man have not the Spirit of Christ, he is none of his.

Rom 8:15 For ye have not received the spirit of bondage again to fear; but ye have received the Spirit of adoption, whereby we cry, Abba, Father.

Rom 8:16 The Spirit itself beareth witness with our spirit, that we are the children of God:

1Jn 5:12 He that hath the Son hath life; and he that hath not the Son of God hath not life.

If you die after receiving His Spirit you will go to be with Him because you are already with Him. You are already a part of Him. He in you and you in Him.

2012/2/8 17:55Profile
Sree

Re:

Quote:

Ye must be born again... nothing more / nothing less!

Jesus didn't say you must be born again and wear a head covering to enter the Kingdom of God or believe in the pre-trib doctrine or keep the sabbath or believe you don't sin or anything else that someone wants to piggyback on to it.

With all respect for you sister:-
John 3-5:-
“Truly, truly, I say to you, unless one is born of water and the Spirit he cannot enter into the kingdom of God. "

Jesus says to be "Born again" is the first condition for entering the kingdom of God. He actually says if you are not born again you will not enter the kingdom of God at all. It is not same as what you are saying. He never said if you are born again you have a confirmed seat in Kingdom of God!

For example, Saying unless you take this exam you will not pass. Does not mean everyone who takes the exam will pass.

I hope you will take this correction with Love.

Many of the false doctrine, false hope and false faith floating around are because believers are not reading Bible carefully.

2012/2/8 18:04Profile
jimp

Re:

sree, finish the sentence... read their bible and understand it the way i do.if you ever laid next to a wife whose water broke in prep. for a birth you will know what water and spirit means...it is all about Jesus and His grace and His mercy and being birthed from above.you have nothing to do with being born... life is a gift from God as is eternal life.it is obvious that you have never had a child that no matter what he or she does,that is still my child. one of my best christian friends' son tortured a man to death and robbed him and is doing life in prison and everytime i talk to her she is telling me how he is doing and she has spent every spare dime on attorneys to get him out...he is her child.i am Gods child, and He is forever making intercession for me.i am very secure because of Him.jimp

2012/2/8 18:29Profile
Sree

Re:

Brother Jiimp, I don't want to take it personal. I don't want to prove any specific doctrine right or wrong.
I just told that sister that if what she posted is purely based on what Jesus told in John 3 then Jesus did not tell that. I never said that her doctrine is wrong. I just said there are many wrong doctrines. Which does not mean her's is wrong. I have my own doctrine which is based on complete scriptures and not just one of two.

It is true that we should be very careful with scripture and how we interpret it, Jesus was tempted by Satan using Scripture which was wrongly quoted. Jesus balanced it by quoting scriptures.

I hope I answered your questions, I am gracefully exiting this thread. As I feel there will be a fight soon between doctrines.

2012/2/8 18:42Profile

Quote:

GREAT topic!!!

Answer

Acts 16:30-31 .....Sirs, what must I do to be saved? And they said, Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ, and thou shalt be saved.....

John 3:36 He that believeth on the Son hath everlasting life: and he that believeth not the Son shall not see life; but the wrath of God abideth on him.

OJ

2012/2/8 19:37

I will leave it to Brother Tozer and Dr Shafer to answer your question.

Instant Christianity tends to make the faith act the terminal (end) and so smother the desire for spiritual advance. It fails to understand the true nature of the Christian life, which is not static but dynamic and expanding.

By trying to pack all of salvation into one experience, or two, the advocates of instant Christianity flaunt the law of development which runs through all nature. They ignore the sanctifying effects of suffering, cross carrying, and practical obedience. They pass by the need for spiritual training, the necessity of forming right religious habits and the need to wrestle against the world, the devil and the flesh. A W Tozer Inadequacy of Instant Christianity

(The work of the Holy Spirit in regeneration, called the "new birth" should plainly teach us that this is the beginning and not the end. All of life that is then granted us is a time of growing and maturing, of seeking Him more and more. JCS)

2012/2/9 0:36

©2002-2021 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Affiliate Disclosure | Privacy Policy