SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Scriptures and Doctrine : Did God Create Over Billions of Years

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 Next Page )
PosterThread
staff

Re:

Hi MrBillPro,
I can,you can and God can understand the age of Adam.The time from when he was created on day 6 til he died was 930 years.Was it not?
Yours Staff

2012/2/2 18:14Profile
MrBillPro

Texas

Re:

Hey Staff, enjoyed the debate, but this really don't personally enhance my relationship with God at all, so I am politely bowing out.
God Bless!
Mr. Bill

2012/2/2 18:17Profile
Lysa

East TN for now!

Re:

Quote:
staff wrote:
Why do we thrust in so much in dodgy secular science?We ignore born again scientists.

Brother staff,

Again, it really determines what dogma (religion, denomination, etc), a person holds to whether they believe in old earth.

And I don't understand what are you talking about, "dodgy secular science?" Dr. Hugh Ross is a brilliant Christian scientist (astronomer) and he holds to an old earth view. He has thousand's of articles worth reading on his website.

God bless,
Lisa

2012/2/2 19:12Profile
staff

Re:

Hi Lysa,
Thanks for your reply
I am only interested in born again christian views;what other religions do is up to them.

I gather Hugh Ross believes that the 6 days are not literal 24hr periods.
Could you comment on Gen 5.5; "All the days of Adam were 930years"
His existance started on day 6 and lived through day 7 and right up til he died.Not some,not most but "ALL"

Yours Staff
P.S Dodgy secular science includes belief in evolution,carbondating,fossils,man made global warming

2012/2/2 19:45Profile

Re: Lysa

You have introduced Dr Ross into the debate, as such it has become necessary to allow another side of Dr Ross to be be made known,the following is a long article but well worth the effort.

by Dr Jonathan Sarfati, author of Refuting Compromise: A biblical and scientific refutation of ‘progressive creationism’ (billions of years) as popularized by astronomer Hugh Ross

31 May 2004

This month, Dr Hugh Ross is releasing his latest book trying to add millions of years to the Bible. He has posted the introductory part on his website, so what follows is a detailed critique. [This article is intended as a substantive critique of the introductory chapter of Dr Ross’ new book, and in order to accomplish this it is necessary to quote large portions of the chapter. All quoted portions of the book are indented in color and all of Dr Sarfati’s responses are in black.]

As usual, Ross adopts the stance of ‘taking the moral high ground’ as a peacemaker and plays the role of the persecuted martyr. It’s a clever ploy, placing young-earth creationists (YECs) in a dilemma: if we say nothing, he wins by default; if we counterattack, he and his devotees will say, ‘see, he’s right’. So we intend simply to point out the facts in response to what we will demonstrate are misleading half-truths.

Note that even in this ‘peaceable’ document, he can’t resist firing shots against YECs. It seems most incongruous to call for peace while spraying bullets at ‘the enemy’.

As will be seen, a good many points are covered in my new book Refuting Compromise (RC), so I will often refer to the appropriate sections.

The conclusion to this critique can be read at:

http://creation.com/critique-of-intro-chapter-of-hugh-ross-new-book-a-matter-of-days

2012/2/2 19:54
Lysa

East TN for now!

Re: Staff

Quote:
staff wrote:
I am only interested in born again christian views;what other religions do is up to them.

When I wrote “dogma,” I did only mean Christian views and not other religions. There is an abundance of dogma within the Christian church.

You make a good point about Gen 5.5 and I have no argument for you because in the scheme of things... I don’t care. I do try realize that I am a mere human being with limited scope of understanding the things of God that took place at the beginning of time. You are free to disagree, but I believe that the earth is billions of years old.

This could be why young “earth” people don’t like old earth “astronomers” because of the stars and planets billions of years old. That’s plausible, isn’t it? We don’t know what took place while the earth was “void” in Gen 1.2 or how long it was void.

God bless,
Lisa

2012/2/3 2:18Profile
Lysa

East TN for now!

Re: waltern?

Quote:
churinga wrote:
You have introduced Dr Ross into the debate, as such it has become necessary to allow another side of Dr Ross to be be made known,the following is a long article but well worth the effort.

Yes I have unashamedly introduced him because his science (astronomy) is as valid as “creation.com’s” science.

Again, if you are a young earth “person,” you will definitely not agree with ‘ANY’ old earth view – no matter WHO presents it!

Waltern? Is that you? I’m beginning to think so! If you are waltern in disguise downunder, you are doing well to keep your rudeness intact, I commend you.

Lisa

2012/2/3 2:20Profile
staff

Re:

hi Lysa,
I dont believe you dont care....we all seek the truth on this website and I know you and the rest of the posters are among them.
At some stage we have to take a literal view of what the bible say.If the bible says Jesus died once and for all sins then we have no choice only to take it as such and for me gen 5.5 is the same "all" has to mean all.That only proves that the 7 days are literal it doesnt prove that the earth n heavens werent around for along time.
Why I think the creation of the earth and heavens is part of the literal first 7 days of creation is due to the sabbath.Genesis or origins brings in alot of foundational doctrine if God created the earth and heavens and didnt take a rest(which would have to be the case if the gap theory is correct) then this goes against the whole idea of the book.
Also if the gap theory is correct which I believe totally not why is the gap millions?or billions?Why not just 500 or l000 years.We get the millions n billions from science.Their remains no way of testing the age of the earth past 6000 years.I think we have to take a scripture first science second approach rather than the other way round.
Yours Staff

2012/2/3 17:20Profile

Re: Lysa

You seem to have some unsubstantiated idea that i am someone you know who has changed identity and demeanor.
Waltern whoever they may be is a person unknown to me,as such i find your assertion to say the least offensive.

Dr Ross may well be your idol,but why would you not take the time to read the post regarding his behavior and makean informed comment instead of being paranoid as to the chance i may not be who i claim to be.

2012/2/3 18:17
Lysa

East TN for now!

Re: churinga

Quote:
churinga wrote:
Dr Ross may well be your idol,but why would you not take the time to read the post regarding his behavior and makean informed comment instead of being paranoid as to the chance i may not be who i claim to be.

Believe you me, I’m not paranoid at all with waltern trying to sneak back in but my point is that it’s a response like this and the nastiness behind it... this, THIS is exactly what makes you sound ‘like’ waltern!! Ok, so you deny it but time will tell.

Onto other things, I did make an informed decision when I first posted his website and name so I don’t have to take the time to read someone’s rantings regarding Dr. Ross’s behavior... especially when they are only reading the book to find all the points of contention.

God bless you churinga,
Lisa

2012/2/3 19:29Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy