SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Scriptures and Doctrine : Did God Create Over Billions of Years

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 )
PosterThread

Re:

Hi Brother Vic. My Dad is 93 y.o. and has made Darwinism his religion, wholeheartedly. Whenever I try to share Christ with him, he has a sort of anxiety attack and all because he says that man is going to evolve and become better and gives all of the evolutionary reasons how man will evolve into a better species - so I appreciate your drive on this one topic so far.

I had problems with the link you just posted though. It comes up and then disappears.
Wondered if anyone else is having that problem.

Bless you and all of yours, Brother.

2012/2/4 18:04

Re: Jesus-is-GOD

Hi i shall copy and paste into this reply,the link works fine at my end.

http://creation.com/street-preacher-says-creation-is-the-issue

The creation/evolution matter places the creationist on an uneven playing field,especially when the former Australian Rupert Murdoch controls so much media

Nonetheless getting the word out is being achieved by men and women from such sites as creation.com and others.The Atheists argue and try and refute the creation side of things by misrepresentation and downright lies,often using materail from sites that others would disown.

Reaching the lost is where i believe that our Sovereign Lord has led me and the creationist material can open doors and has been proved to do so for people from all walks of life regardles of age.The mention of Dr Ross recently was of interest,but i doubt if many of his advocates realise his stance on the flood,which he is on the record as stating it was local.

All of us are biased in our thinking along denominational affiliation and therin is one of the root causes of division among the brethern,withdrawing from denominationalism has allowed the Holy Spirit to teach me things that ran counter to my indoctrination from college and my local church,and the experience has been so enriching spiritually,the circumstances with your dad and Darwinism is not uncommon,thank you for your input Brother.

2012/2/4 18:36
staff

Re:

Hi Diane,
So basically you cant answer my point which is ok just say so.
Does the bible mean all when it says all?.
It is a common sense practical question if adam lived on the 6 and 7th day doesnt according to genesis 5.5 mean it is literal.Off course if all doesnt mean all here we can apply that thinking to Jesus attonement etc
and every other important doctrine
Yours staff

2012/2/4 22:34Profile
staff

Re:

Hi Truewitnes,Dont shoot the messager.You will notice in all other posts I have used created not born which is correct.
However you have failed to address the point which is gen 5.5 correct.Does the bible mean all when it says all?Maybe god doesnt love all,maybe christ didnt die for all.If sometimes all means not all and sometimes it means all well I think you get my idea...
Yours Staff

2012/2/4 22:44Profile
TrueWitness

Re:

Yes, the word all always means all. But the word day usually means a 24 hour day but not always. Day of the Lord is not a 24 hour day.

2012/2/4 23:29Profile
Lordoitagain

Monroe, LA - USA

Re:

True Witness, your points sound quite clever, and would be convincing for us to totally ignore Gen. 5:5 and Exodus 20:11, but your arguments "do not hold water".

You said: "2. The third day must have been longer than 24-hours, since the text indicates a process that would take a year or longer."

When we look at the text, we see:

Gén 1:11 And God said, Let the earth bring forth grass, the herb yielding seed, and the fruit tree yielding fruit after his kind, whose seed is in itself, upon the earth: and it was so.
Gén 1:12 And the earth brought forth grass, and herb yielding seed after his kind, and the tree yielding fruit, whose seed was in itself, after his kind: and God saw that it was good.

"yielding seed" is the description of "herb". It doesn't even insinuate that the process was played out in that day of creation. The same is true with "yielding fruit after his kind..." it describes the kind of tree that he created. It doesn't say, (as you twist it to mean) that the drama was played out at the same time of creation.

If the Omnipotent had chosen for that process to take place in a single day he very well could have as he caused a gourd plant to grow up in one night tall enough to shade a rebellious prophet (Jonah 4:6-10)

Again you resort to "reasoning" that lines up with evolutionary creation in this section:

"3. Is it really reasonable to believe that Adam named the animals, had time to get lonely and meet Eve all in one day? ..."

Again if we analyze the scripture, we see that such "reasoning" which would contradict Gen. 5:5 and Exo. 20:11 does not have a concrete foundation:

Gén 2:7 And the LORD God formed man of the dust of the ground, and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life; and man became a living soul.
Gén 2:8 And the LORD God planted a garden eastward in Eden; and there he put the man whom he had formed.
Gén 2:9 And out of the ground made the LORD God to grow every tree that is pleasant to the sight, and good for food; the tree of life also in the midst of the garden, and the tree of knowledge of good and evil.

Gén 2:15 And the LORD God took the man, and put him into the garden of Eden to dress it and to keep it.
Gén 2:16 And the LORD God commanded the man, saying, Of every tree of the garden thou mayest freely eat:
Gén 2:17 But of the tree of the knowledge of good and evil, thou shalt not eat of it: for in the day that thou eatest thereof thou shalt surely die.
Gén 2:18 And the LORD God said, It is not good that the man should be alone; I will make him an help meet for him.
Gén 2:19 And out of the ground the LORD God formed every beast of the field, and every fowl of the air; and brought them unto Adam to see what he would call them: and whatsoever Adam called every living creature, that was the name thereof.
Gén 2:20 And Adam gave names to all cattle, and to the fowl of the air, and to every beast of the field; but for Adam there was not found an help meet for him.
Gén 2:21 And the LORD God caused a deep sleep to fall upon Adam, and he slept: and he took one of his ribs, and closed up the flesh instead thereof;
Gén 2:22 And the rib, which the LORD God had taken from man, made he a woman, and brought her unto the man.

It says NOTHING about man getting lonely. It simply mentions God's all-knowing wise observation that it is not good for him to be alone.

Did he name them all in one day? Well we see in this passage:

Gén 7:13 In the selfsame day entered Noah, and Shem, and Ham, and Japheth, the sons of Noah, and Noah's wife, and the three wives of his sons with them, into the ark;
Gén 7:14 They, and every beast after his kind, and all the cattle after their kind, and every creeping thing that creepeth upon the earth after his kind, and every fowl after his kind, every bird of every sort.
Gén 7:15 And they went in unto Noah into the ark, two and two of all flesh, wherein is the breath of life.
Gén 7:16 And they that went in, went in male and female of all flesh, as God had commanded him: and the LORD shut him in.

All such creatures entered the ark in one 24 hour day. The Omnipotent can pass them all before Adam and have them named by him in one day just as easily. Also the mentioning of the process doesn't mean the finishing of the process in that day.

When we read the Bible with the faith of a little child, we reject all attempts to line up our beliefs with the world's beliefs, but choose to take every verse as it is written ... including Gen. 5:5 and Exo. 20:11.

Your points were copied and pasted from other places that can be found on the internet by googling one of its phrases in quotation marks. It makes me wonder about the author and his motives.

2012/2/4 23:56Profile

Re:

Quote:
But the word day usually means a 24 hour day but not always.

Actually it usually meant from sunup to sundown, measuring the time of the light. I've been told that the Jews in Israel still actually measure days in this way.

This is the reason of the "discrepancy" that some sight in the account between the Gospels of the time preceding the transfiguration. It wasn't actually a discrepancy at all, just the difference between the Jewish way of measuring a day, and the Greek way, which Luke was using.

2012/2/5 8:34

Re:

@Lorddoitagain

Those are some good points.

I think another thing not to overlook, in regards just to what you stated about Adam, is the fact that he was the first man, and at that current time, absolutely perfect.

We make the assumption that physically and mentally he was somehow just like we are today. For all we know, he had the ability to look over all the animals, recognize them and name them all within 15 seconds flat. We simply have no idea of how long it would have taken him.

The Bible says nothing about how long it took him, except that he did it within the day. We make a mistake though when we view Adam's abilities as being the same as our corrupted and decayed ones that we have today.

By the rational that he was God's first complete man, I would assume that he was the most physically fit, most intelligent, and most capable man who's ever lived (when we're talking about all three categories combined).

When we try to view the account of how Adam did it through the prism of what current corrupted flesh is capable of, I think we've already started off on the wrong foot.

2012/2/5 8:48
Christinyou

Ca.

Re:

Amen, we try to put God in our little box. From seed to full growth, God could with a word or thought, bring forth fruit from a fully mature peach tree giving perfect peaches, all this in the twinkling of an eye or as it says there was day and night a `,1,2,3,4th day etc.

In Christ: Phillip

2012/2/5 12:36Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy