SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : News and Current Events : Richard Roberts alleged DUI

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
PosterThread

Re:

sonofthunder...

I dont know about Down Under, but in the US cops rarely randomly pull someone over to see if they are drunk. Unless he went thru a road block there was something about his driving that tipped off the cops.

It also says he failed the routine tests they gave (walking, speech, etc).

Either way, we need to pray for the man.

Krispy

2012/1/26 9:19

Re:

14For we know that the law is spiritual: but I am carnal, sold under sin.

"For that which I do I allow not: for what I would, that do I not; but what I hate, that do I.

"If then I do that which I would not, I consent unto the law that it is good.

Now then it is no more I that do it, but sin that dwelleth in me.

For I know that in me (that is, in my flesh,) dwelleth no good thing: for to will is present with me; but how to perform that which is good I find not."...........

This statement is from the most spiritual man in the New Testament, Paul the Apostle. He went on to declare himself a wretched man, because of this conflict; Sin manifesting in me. I have it, daily, as does everyone reading this, who is truly born again.

Somehow, in our religious culture, we demand that the PRIEST CLASS, the MINISTRY CLASS "PASTORS"....do not have sin, but dwell in a pristine state of holiness. It is an unwritten commandment, but real. Only the pew class, the "common people", sin...and these must confess their sin to one another.

This idea of ministry has caused more division and destruction to body life, and the body than any other, in my opinion. Richard Roberts is just a brother..but he bit into the apple that he was above that....which turned him into the elite, the Pastor!...the Priest over millions.

In his mind, he could never share his struggles with the common brother or sister; They would lose respect for him. This is rooted in pride, but it is how the Ministry Class MUST respond. If they do not, then everyone will see that they are just like everyone else; barren, needy, and struggling...needing a Savior daily, and needing a Cross daily to deny themselves, and that satanic nature that we are without the cross.

When this inward battle is left unchecked, often the stronghold of the "flesh"..[satanic nature we are..] gains ascendancy...and prevails. There has been a flood of famous preachers exposed lately. They are just men, like you and me. Men fail, and struggle, just like Paul the apostle.

If we were related in the body, I would invite him over for coffee, and give my mercy away to him, as we sought Jesus to cleanse. That day he would be cleansed, get up, and go on. He is just a brother..who fails just like me...

This will probably cause him to be excommunicated by many though.....as he probably has no authentic church that could minister to him.

"And the prayer of faith shall save the sick, and the Lord shall raise him up; and if he have committed sins, they shall be forgiven him.

"Confess your faults one to another, and pray one for another, that ye may be healed. The effectual fervent prayer of a righteous man availeth much."

This system is broken.

2012/1/26 12:04
sonsigns

Brumley Missouri

Re: Is there a sin that is worse?

Besides blasphemy of the Holy Spirit, sin is sin. Roberts was caught drinking while intoxicated according to law, whether it was one drink or three doesn't matter. He was driving his car at a high rate of speed which endangered others on the highway.

If Roberts was caught in adultery would it be any worse?

Roberts endangered his life (which isn't really his life but Gods) he endangered others by being in the state he was in and really he was using his car as a weapon and probably would have been charged if he had been involved in an accident.

I think this brother needs to step down from the pulpit and receive counseling.

Richard will be in my prayers

2012/1/26 12:41Profile

Re:

yep... I agree with you. I dont think anyone who has commented thinks that this should be winked at and he's off the hook.

Krispy

2012/1/26 12:46

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy