SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
See Opportunities to Serve with SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Scriptures and Doctrine : Is the denial of the eternal Sonship of Christ a damnable heresy?

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 Next Page )
PosterThread
PrimaDogma

Re:

MacArthur can roll around in sackcloth and ashes for the rest of his life, but in fundamentalism there is no forgiveness for the sin of incorrect doctrinal opinionation.

JiG - you might tell about your new fellowship over on the POLL thread.

2012/1/15 21:59Profile

Re:

Thanks PD - but after missing the love at my Church where I moved from 2 yrs ago, to having met this sister some months ago and seeing the genuine again, in person - I doubt that I'd want to share anything more over a keyboard with the unseen and quite unknown.

I had asked the LORD for "face to face" interaction again - and when she invited me and offered to pick me up - that's when I truly began to pray for confirmation that this is where He wanted me to go and that I'd run into her again and we'd have time to talk.

She said they had a wonderful whole week there. They had some Jewish Christian guy visiting that told them that we need to get back to The Word and The Book of Acts type Christianity. Well, I felt and posted the same last week and felt that, not only running into her head on in the stair well [neither of us take the elavator] and her saying that when I've had this burden to reach out to my Jewish neighbors [part of what I also mentioned on this thread] - it all seemed to come together that it was the answer I had asked for.
It's not a Messianic Church, but they are very Israel minded - they believe and operate in the gifts and promote missions and other Bible based outreaching.

I haven't been yet, of course. She only visits her parents here and watches over them, but has 4 children and we've talked since her parents moved here.

Isn't much to tell just yet except that from all that she's been saying and how I asked GOD for enough confirmations - because I was tired of church hopping/searching - I needed to sort of put out a fleece instead and He honored it.

Thank you for asking and caring.

I was just reading over at a mixed crowd [saved & unsaved] News forum and one of the many Moderators put up a thread saying that we need to get back to The Word. The daily study, reading and memorizing of it this year. He felt it was what The LORD told him to post for 2012. All the replies were very refreshing.

Thank you for reaching out a hand of fellowship, Brother/Sister (?).

Do you have a face-to-face fellowship that you meet with?

{eta} I can't see!

I just read your posts on the POLL. Why do people's eyes tears when they laugh?

2012/1/15 22:19

Re:

Here is some dogma food for you PrimaDogma AKA "Wayneman", right off your own keyboard.

Quote:

Sound doctrine is essential to the life of the church.

Whosoever transgresseth, and abideth not in the doctrine of Christ, hath not God. He that abideth in the doctrine of Christ, he hath both the Father and the Son. If there come any unto you, and bring not this doctrine, receive him not into your house, neither bid him God speed. 2 John 9-10

It is not like the discussion is about the weather, it as about the very person of Christ. Now from your antics thus far, I know you deem that as not important, but the reality is if you worship a different Jesus than the one revealed in scripture and made known by the Holy Spirit, it is indeed damnable heresy. It clearly shows that the Holy Spirit has no part in revealing Christ to the person.

So I recommend you stop comforting her in this and try to help her out of it.

I am done with both of you, it is now in YOUR capable hands!!!

.....and grow up!!!!

OJ

2012/1/16 0:02

Re:

No need for PD to "help me out".

A few folks "helped me out" this month.

Out the exit door of this forum. :)

I can still read the Good posts, get blessed and easily keep silent. :)

In Christ,

Jesus_Is_GOD.

2012/1/16 0:29
lylewise

Celina, Texas

Re:

As I read through this post last night, till 1:30 in the morning have you, I could not help but wonder if this was one of those rose called by another name debates. whether Rock, Light, Truth, Word, a sundry other titles, He is the living God. Always the "I AM".

There is such a contrast of those, even Christ describes as rejecting him, ie "Let us kill the Son so that we may seize the inheritence. Do we really want to dispute minutia, given that Christ has made it so easy to distinguish those of His election. Michael who stood in the presence of God almighty, and who disputed (aware of trespassing on such hallowed ground belonging to the God of the Universe) satan concerning the body of moses, would not dare to pronounce against satan a railing judgment..... and we must admit if there is anyone who deserves a greater judgement than the one who has made it his lifetime quest to defame God and Kill His saints, who are we to stand on such holy ground? It is a most dangerous ground on which to stand.

Should we not be edified by the words of those who will not defend themselves but rather condem themselves in Christ. Lord, when did We see you hungry and feed you? Thirsty and give you drink? A stranger and invite you in? Naked and cloth you?..... It is one thing to defend scripture and no one can argue that scripture does not speak to this, but what is being read here is grief to the saints. I have heard saints here speak in like vein of those identified likewise in scripture. I would not mention their names for it would be no profit to them, and they would reject such humble identification anyway. So it is no good go there. If God is their defense, what can a mere mortal contribute?

I joined SI because of men and women that love God more than the world and pledged their life to His service. They have left a living legacy recorded in the wisdom God has given them and now it is for the edification of the saints. I do not hear them in agreement on all issues it is fruitless to the kingdom to pit them against each other, for by their words, they seek to glorify Christ. I love them for their love of Christ. Now......what was the debate?

2012/1/16 10:40Profile
rufnrust

Indiana

Re: Is the denial of the eternal Sonship of Christ a damnable heresy?

No.

Russell

2012/1/16 11:52Profile
pilgrim777

Re:

We are saved by His life not correct doctrine.

He that hath the Son hath life, and He that Hath not the Son hath not life.

1Jn 5:11 And this is the record, that God hath given to us eternal life, and this life is in his Son.
1Jn 5:12 He that hath the Son hath life; and he that hath not the Son of God hath not life.

This is an operation of faith in God's promises as seen in Jesus Christ.

Col 2:12 Buried with him in baptism, wherein also ye are risen with him through the faith of the operation of God, who hath raised him from the dead.

This is not an operation of knowledge or correct doctrine.

Pilgrim

2012/1/16 13:38Profile
Christinyou

Ca.

Re:

Quote: "NO"

Where in scripture does it say the God that Father, God the Son and God the Holy Spirit are not eternal?

In Christ: Phillip

2012/1/16 14:13Profile

Re:

Agreed in part Pilgrim,

The problem in this case is that when a person is born again, the Holy Spirit testifies to that person of Christ (John 15:26) But when the Comforter is come, whom I will send unto you from the Father, even the Spirit of truth, which proceedeth from the Father, HE SHALL TESTIFY OF ME. And again in John 16:13 Howbeit when he, the Spirit of truth, is come, he will guide you into all truth: for he shall not speak of himself….

So that leaves us with a problem, does the Holy Spirit testify of opposing natures of Christ to believers? I am sure you will agree that the answer is a resounding no!!

1 John 5:11 States he that hat the Son hath life… John 3:3-9 shows that he that has the Son has the Spirit.

Ignorance of the doctrine of eternal Sonship is one thing, but opposition to or denial of it is another matter altogether. Likewise, if the doctrine of eternal Sonship be not true, to hold to it shows that the Holy Spirit is not testifying to one of Christ. One or the other is not being testified to by the Spirit, which leads to the conclusion that one or the other has not been born again.

If we went further out on the limb with invalid views of the Son of God that JW’s Mormons, Rastifarians, Dualists, Modalists, Subordinationists, or what have you, have of the person of Christ, it is the evidence to be used that they are not children of God. 1 Cor 11:19, no matter what profession of love of Christ they proclaim.

Regarding the person and work of Christ (not necessarily other things):
Right doctrine doesn’t a salvation make, but wrong doctrine does a salvation take.

OJ

2012/1/16 14:46

Re:

If everything depended on us being 'able to understand' these things of our own accord, all would perish, but as it is we have the Holy Spirit to guide us into all truth, specifically about the Son!!

OJ

2012/1/16 14:52

©2002-2021 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Affiliate Disclosure | Privacy Policy