SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : Is Tithing mandatory to the new testament believer?

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 Next Page )
PosterThread
KingJimmy

Charlotte, NC

Re:

theEphah wrote:

Quote:

Did our Savior ask us to keep the commandments or not?

If you have a son, did you circumcise him on the 8th day as commanded in the Scriptures?

2012/1/6 11:11Profile

Re: All

I see a danger here. The danger is a rejection of the gospel of Jesus Christ. To imply law keeping of any type is a rejection of the cross of Christ. It is a rejection of Christ him self. Paul defined the gospel in 1 Got.15 as the death, burial, and resurrection of Jesus Christ. The gospel is rooted in the person and work of Jesus Christ. We are saved by faith in Jesus Chest. We are sanctified by faith in Jesus Christ.

I say to you that man is not saved or sanctified by law but by faith in Jesus Christ. Jesus taught this in John's gospel and Paul expounded it in his letters, most notedly Romans and Galatians.

Some of you in this forum are rejecting the gospel of grace. Some of you need to ask yourselves if you believe in Jesus Christ. If you come into this forum boasting of your own righteousness then that will condemn you. Your own righteousness will be ad filthy rags.

I implore you turn to Jesus Christ and believe in him. For only Jesus can save you.

Blaine Scogin

2012/1/6 11:18
Miccah

Wisconsin

Re:

Dlight said, "If your posts range in the thousands, you should be knowing by now that anything and everything you post on this website can and will be debated."

I agree with you fully, hence the "back and forth" in a conversation.

Why is this so hard for some to understand? If someone wants to make statements without a reply back, just say so. But if you reply to a posting of someone, expect a reply back from that person. Maybe even answer the question posed to you?.?.?.

2012/1/6 14:41Profile
ArtB

New York

Re:

[quote by theEphah] on 2012/1/6 6:41:28

---ArtB-- lower your tone, all those caps are hurting my eyes, thanks.

Fact 1:

(Matthew 19:17 "If you want to enter life, obey the commandments."

Did our Savior ask us to keep the commandments or not? A simple Yes or No will work, you don't have to write an essay.

Simply answering 'no' gives you wiggle room to continue pursuing your error.

My first two very sort paragraphs says 'NO' with clarity.

The rest of my post confirms that the view I expressed is correct and consistent with the actual Scriptures when taken in context.

I read the posts this thread by King Jimmy, DLight, Martyr, Christ is Lord. Miccah, and David G. I am in agreement with their expressed views on tithing.

And I also agree with David Arnold.

I'm not sure the meaning of Lysa's point in her first post, but completely agree with Lysa's 2nd post with respect to the Royal Law of Love.

2012/1/7 0:03Profile
GaryArnold

Re: Tithing

NO ONE, absolutely NO ONE pays the Biblical tithe today.

THE FIRST TITHE
Leviticus 27:30-33 defines this tithe as a tenth of crops and animals in herds and flocks.
Numbers 18 gives the ordinances, or instructions, for this tithe, and commands this tithe be taken to the Levites.
Purpose of this tithe: to support the Levitical Priesthood.

SECOND TITHE
Deuteronomy 14:22-27: aka The Festival Tithe - a tenth of crops, plus add to that the firstborn animals, and take for the yearly feast.
Purpose of this tithe: “that thou mayest learn to fear the LORD thy God always”

THIRD TITHE
Deuteronomy 14:28-29: aka The Three-Year Tithe aka The Poor Tithe - a tenth of crops, kept at home, and invite the Levites, widows, orphans, stranger to eat.
Purpose of this tithe: to feed the poor.

Now, tell me. Which of the above three tithes commanded by God does anyone follow today?

The ONLY people in the Old Testament that were commanded to tithe were those who INHERITED THE PROMISED LAND WITH EVERYTHING ON IT. They got the land, house, animals, crops, etc. ALL FREE AND CLEAR. No mortgage payment or rent to pay. And THEY were commanded to tithe on the crops and animals and take it to the Levites who INHERITED the tithe INSTEAD OF the promised land with everything on it. No one else tithed. Wage earners did not tithe. Jesus did not tithe as a carpenter. Paul did not tithe as a tent maker. Peter did not tithe as a fisherman.

2012/1/7 0:08Profile
ArtB

New York

Re:

[quote Miccah on 2012/1/6 7:11:10]

theEphah said, "Did our Savior ask us to keep the commandments or not? A simple Yes or No will work, you don't have to write an essay."

Yes He did.

Miccah, Give me one example of Jesus preaching to non-Jews to keep the Mosaic Covenant, only with such evidence will I believe what you wrote related thereto is true.

2012/1/7 0:33Profile
Miccah

Wisconsin

Re:

ArtB. I never said that Jesus preached to non-Jews to keep the Mosaic Covenant. I only agreed that He said to keep the commandments.

What are these commandments? It is all sumed up into two commandments...

I was not trying to be misleading in my posting. Please forgive me if I was.

2012/1/7 0:38Profile

Re:

That's a very good point GaryArnold. It continually surprises me to see how many think they can fulfill a requirement of the law that is literally impossible to fulfill even if it were necessary.

Those who promote tithing as mandatory are in big trouble if they've been rounding off the side growth of their hair or trimming the edges of their beards as well. I also hope none of their clothing's fabric is composed of anything but 100% of the same material.

2012/1/7 1:30
ArtB

New York

Re:

Miccah, thanks for the clarification.

2012/1/7 19:55Profile

Re:

I have tried to set up some weekly/monthly tithe plan and every time I do, it doesn't sit well with me. I have found that spontaneous giving works well with me, at the spur of the moment, or when a need arises it's easy to fork over whatever I feel to give. In that I really feel good about giving, but the 10percent thingy, I personally have trouble with it. I could do it, but I sense this conviction that God doesn't want me to do that.

Everyone is different. What I have observed over the years in my life, God doesn't seem to want me to do what everyone else is doing. It was quite frustrating, but I have learned to accept the fact that God doesn't want my tithe to be 10percent, He wants all of me first everything else is just gravy.

2012/1/7 21:56

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy