SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : News and Current Events : Founder of Calvary Chapel movement, Chuck Smith, stuns church, announces he has lung cancer

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
PosterThread
hulsey

Missouri

Founder of Calvary Chapel movement, Chuck Smith, stuns church, announces he has lung cancer

The congregation at Calvary Chapel Costa Mesa, California, were stunned today (Sunday, January 01, 2012) when Pastor Chuck Smith, its senior pastor, announced during his Sunday morning services that he has lung cancer and will have a biopsy on Tuesday and surgery the following week.

Chuck Smith, now in his eighties and the father of the Jesus People Revolution in Southern California, said that he has never smoked in his life.

At at the end of the third service that was broadcast on KWVE 107.9 FM, his son-in-law, Brian Brodersen, joined with other pastors at the huge church and anointed him with oil and prayed for his healing.

Karl Corcoran, evangelism pastor at Calvary Chapel Costa Mesa, posted on Facebook, “Update: Pastor Chuck Smith having surgery this month for lung cancer after a series of tests this week. Estimated recovery time is 3 weeks.”

The rest of the article can be found here:

http://christianworldview.net/2012/founder-of-calvary-chapel-movement-chuck-smith-stuns-church-announces-he-has-lung-cancer/

2012/1/2 12:34Profile
rickyearle

Re: Founder of Calvary Chapel movement, Chuck Smith, stuns church, announces he has l

the only answer to cancer: (Dr. has a 93% cancer rate from 35,000+ patients) - http://drleonardcoldwell.com/cancer/only-answer-to-cancer/

2012/1/2 12:44Profile

Re:

Lord may you heal your servant. In Jesus Name. Anen.

2012/1/2 15:32
ccchhhrrriiisss

Re:

Quote:
The only answer to cancer: (Dr. has a 93% cancer rate from 35,000+ patients) - http://drleonardcoldwell.com/cancer/only-answer-to-cancer/

I would be VERY careful before listening to anything from Dr. Leonard Coldwell. Not only are his claims (via his website) outrageous as he sells "alternatives," but even many of the statements on his website are written with poor grammar and sentence structure.

That said: I will be praying for Brother Chuck Smith.

2012/1/2 15:34Profile
AbideinHim

Louisiana

Re:

We need to pray for Chuck Smith as he battles this cancer.

As for as this Dr. Coldwell is concerned, he makes some very arrogant claims in this article. He claims to have cured his mother of cancer. "I cured my mother of liver cancer that was in a terminal state over 30 years ago without surgery, chemotherapy or radiation. Her healing regimen was completely natural and cost less than $3,000."
(Dr. Coldwell). He also conducts seminars entitled "How to become rich and powerful."

God does sometimes lead believers that have cancer to go on special diets and regimens that have worked well. For those that have faith to be healed, Jesus is still the same, yesterday, today, and forever.

Mike

2012/1/2 15:50Profile
rickyearle

Re:

I hesitated before I posted the article from him but I did. Natural methods are the way to treat, and consequently heal cancer - not drugs, and surgery.

There is a greater cancer cure rate from doing nothing than undergoing chemotherapy, for example.

There are abundant other sources for this: www.mercola.com , www.naturalnews.com

It is sad to see the ignorance that exists surrounding our health. The problem is our main sources of info come from TV, doctors (lost men who are profit and not health-driven), etc.

God has provided the means to the means to take care of our bodies, and heal them when we are sick - we ought to take advantage of that as we pray over everything.

As well, Dr Coldwell is not a Christian - I did not post to his site insinuating that. And rather than commenting on his arrogancy, or this or that - why not just read the what he has wrote as pertaining to cancer. And I am sure he wrote that page, and he is a native German, so excuse his english.

I pray the best for Chuck Smith, and his recovery.

2012/1/2 16:23Profile
ccchhhrrriiisss

Re:

Hi Ricky,

I hope that I don't offend you with my thoughts. I trust that you are offering some well-intended advice in regard to people who are suffering. I appreciate a heart that desires to help.

Quote:

There is a greater cancer cure rate from doing nothing than undergoing chemotherapy, for example.

I strongly disagree. You can search through PubMed and view the findings of many different groups regarding the "cures" from homeopathic remedies to "cure cancer."

You can also see the vast extent of clinical research that demonstrates the differences between various cancer treatments and "doing nothing." In fact, many doctors tell you just that -- your prognosis for doing nothing versus the various prognoses from different forms of treatment.

Such findings are peer-reviewed by fellow experts and the vast majority of medical researchers and subsequent tests must be performed before medical procedures, medicine or equipment is approved in the United States. This is a stark contrast from many of these "natural" practitioners. They often are very selective with their claims -- or include disclaimers -- to protect themselves from legal liability.

As for "Dr. Coldwell" -- like his friend Kevin Trudeau -- is simply selling something to desperate people. Before anyone considers embracing his/their claims, I strongly advise you to get a second and third opinion from actual MEDICAL doctors.

In fact, you should read "Dr. Coldwell's" disclaimer:

Quote:
"Unfortunately we live in a world of sue-happy idiots and paid destructive groups, corrupt politicians and privately owned media, so I have to legally tell you:

This book and its contents do not cure, prevent, diagnose or treat any disease or condition! (Only your own self-healing powers can do that.) The only purpose for this book is educational, for research and entertainment.

If you have, or think you may have, any health condition or disease, see a competent, authorized health practitioner (if you can find one) and do not attempt any of the techniques, ideas, knowledge, suggestions or comments in this book without consulting the health professional of your choice first.

The author, the publisher and everybody involved in the creation, publication and sale of this book do not take responsibly for any outcome or result from the use of the information in this book. Please be advised that the entire content of this book is solely the opinion of the author."

Once again: I will be praying for Brother Chuck. I have seen some amazing miracles in regard to cancer, and I pray that the Lord, in His wisdom, would heal as He sees fit.

2012/1/2 18:08Profile
rickyearle

Re:

Sorry chris, what you say is disagreed with 100%. All Dr's and naturopaths have to give those disclaimers because of the wickedness of your country's FDA.

ie, there are known cures for herpes, HIV, etc but because of suppression by the government they cannot come out with websites like HIVcure___.com, or cancercure___.com because the FDA would seize their operations, and all of their monies.

cancer, hiv, and other "incurable" diseases are a multi-billion industry.

so those people who know that info have to give disclaimers, and be very quiet in what they do.

an example is www.resolveherpes.com - which will will cure herpes (of which 80% of americans/canadians have to one extent or another), and it will cure other viruses like HPV, HIV, etc

I write this because if I had any of these diseases I would want someone who knew to tell me.

2012/1/2 18:30Profile
ccchhhrrriiisss

Re:

We will have to agree to disagree, Ricky. There is an enormous amount of research and information out there at non-partisan research databases (like PubMed) that substantiate medical research through firm evidence and peer reviewed (and scrutinized) findings.

Moreover, there is no legal requirement to include a disclaimer. It is included or withheld at their own risk. If these claims and supposed "cures" were real or undeniable, then no disclaimer would be necessary.

I am curious, however, upon just what and where you are basing your assertions. What evidence, research and information substantiate the claims about a "cure for AIDS?" How is this "research" any more valuable than the enormous amount of medical research?

Why should someone believe a guy like "Dr. Coldwell" over the overwhelming majority of medical researchers, scientists and doctors. Remember: This isn't "theoretical" medicine. This is a field that is reviewed by credible OBSERVATION and exhaustive CASE STUDIES.

You see, the notion that the FDA is "wicked" and the medical industry is purely motivated by profit is merely a CONSPIRACY THEORY. There are plenty of good, Christian doctors and medical researchers out there. There are also other people who entered the field of research who make less money than you would think (especially in medicinal research).

When it comes to cancer, there are "probability rates" for successful "outcomes" or "cure" that are announced by doctors regarding various possible treatment regimens. Doctors also explain the side effects of such treatment as well. Not all cancer treatment is based upon chemotherapy or radiation therapy.

There are other methods of treatment -- from surgical removal of tumors to stereotactic radiotherapy that is almost entirely non-evasive and with few side effects. These have produced amazing advances in cancer treatment rates -- and has turned many 100% fatal diagnoses into a simple, non-life altering treatment that prolongs life and often results in amazing "cure" results.

Again, I would recommend that anyone who has a major illness or disease to get second and third opinions. However, when a supposed "Dr" like Mr. Coldwell states his claims while simultaneously selling products and advice, I would carefully inspect those claims with prayerful (and smart) diligence.

2012/1/2 19:08Profile
rickyearle

Re:

After billions and billions and billions of dollars of "research" surrounding alleged cancer research they sure have done a good job so far haven't they?

It's because they know what cures it along with a number of other diseases but there is no money to be made in natural cures - because they cannot patent them. Remember, the love of money is the root of all evil.

There are a host of sites and dr's to confirm what I'm saying.

Go to www.mercola.com www.naturalnews.com - go to a local naturopath, etc.

Dr's who prescribe prescription drugs are doing that - prescribing DRUGS - do a key search online for pharmekia (which the bible calls sorcery) and the like.

Chris, I dont know why your so opposed to what I'm saying. But it is what it is. I know the links I provided will bless some people.

2012/1/2 19:28Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy