SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : Consideration when posting multiple threads

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
PosterThread
makrothumia

Texas

Re:

A word from the original poster.

Grace and peace to all posters. Sometimes we overlook the obvious. Our only real enemy, the accuser of the brethren is skilled at hiding the apparent.

To help settle undue concern about my original post, please re-read the original request once again. You will be able to see the caution was not about how often to post. The caution was intentionally limited and directed to one particular concern which was expressed this way:

"posting multiple articles simultaneously". The day of my original post there were 4 articles all posted by the same person in sequence, simultatneously, one after the other. Three in a row, side by side, and the fourth separated by only one other post. This occupied 40% of the front page at that time. Even if a poster post one article every day, it would only be 10% of the front page threads. Devotionals are wonderful, I have been blessed by many of them. There is a difference in posting "regularly", which is very acceptable and welcomed, and posting "multiple articles simultaneously" which was the concern orignially addressed.

There was a suggestion given to consider spacing these articles out a little, perhaps only one or two per day. No caution was given to anyone about posting daily.

Let's not let the enemy obscure a legitimate concern by stirring up insecurity and robbing us of freedom to participate in being a blessing to others.

makrothumia

2011/12/17 9:49Profile
ginnyrose

Mississippi

Re:

I have another suggestion for one who wants to post multiple articles. Combine them all into one thread. Give this thread a general title that should explain them all and then post them there on that thread. You could post on it everyday, or several in a day. This would prevent the front page from being monopolized by one person.

Just a suggestion.

EDIT: Of course if you are the owner or mod of a forum, it is yours and you can do whatever pleases you, but the rest of us are guests and we need to be considerate of others, just like when you visit in another person's home.

My opinion.

2011/12/17 10:02Profile

Re:

Great suggestion Ginnyrose. I think one can be over-sensitive and that the original poster made a good point,confirmed by the moderator. Just my opinion and from one whjo has posted much on this forum:) ........... brother Frank

2011/12/17 10:29
Elibeth

Re:

Thank you Ginny Rose,

For the Incite, ...

Blessed is the peace makers.

And to us that love You too,...Please Lord ,help us not to offended
easily.

We ,always thank You O'Lord for you are most gracious.

Loving you all,

Elizabeth

2011/12/17 10:39Profile
PaulWest

Dallas, Texas

Re:

Just to add to the sentiment already spoken, there was absolutely no disrespect or belittlement intended to anyone who posts prolifically in the forum. Every contribution, every thread is precious and valuable and most highly appreciated. Everyone is encouraged to continue blessing others and posting material as they feel led by God's Spirit.

This is more a matter of consideration for pre-existing threads than anything else. It is a good and honorable thing to give time and room for other believers to share their wealth without prematurely vanishing from the floor of the meeting hall. It's a spiritual consideration for others in the Body of Christ, treating their ministries as you would like them to treat yours. We have a limited space here; let's try to give all threads fair time to be gleaned from, absorbed and appreciated. And I'll try to do a better job too!

2011/12/17 10:57Profile
roadsign

Re:

Quote:
Combine them all into one thread. Give this thread a general title

Yes Ginny,

It's a great way to organize ideas and focus our thoughts.

It keeps our posts from getting hopelessly lost in the quagmire of pages.

It allows our former posts to resurface – for any who may wish to see them later.

It works better for ongoing topics which are more reflective than discussive.

It helps us get to know our posters - and appreciate their particular styles and interests.

Diane

2011/12/17 11:54Profile
savedtoserve

Re:

I was thinking of the very same thing, too, Ginny.

2011/12/17 12:56Profile
Lysa

East TN for now!

Re:

Ginny, this was a very good alternative, I hope she comes back to read it.

God bless,
Lisa

2011/12/17 16:51Profile
HeartSong

Re: Consideration when posting multiple threads

Well, from a different point of view, in the past I have purposely filled the front page with edifying articles when there was much filth lurking about. However, I have since learned that prayer works better. :)

2011/12/17 17:10Profile
learjet

Re: Consideration when posting multiple threads

Quote:
I have another suggestion for one who wants to post multiple articles. Combine them all into one thread. Give this thread a general title that should explain them all and then post them there on that thread. You could post on it everyday, or several in a day. This would prevent the front page from being monopolized by one person.

This is a technical problem and it's fixed very easily, by expanding the number of threads on the homepage, problem solved. Plenty of room for everything then :-)

2011/12/17 18:58Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy