Discussion Forum : General Topics : Consideration when posting multiple threads

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
PosterThread
makrothumia

Texas

Consideration when posting multiple threads

Dear Posters,

Please give careful consideration when posting multiple articles simultaneously. Perhaps it would be better to space them out over several days. When a single poster has multiple articles posted in sequence, this bumps other articles off of the front page.

Currently 40% of the front page threads are from the same poster. With multiple posters, this may not be giving careful consideratin to allowing greater diversity in participation.

makrothumia

2011/12/13 14:08Profile

Re: Consideration when posting multiple threads

Amen brother, I totaly agree......... brother Frank

2011/12/13 14:15
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 Re:

Brother Alan,

That is a great exhortation and at times as a moderator I have broken this thumb of rule. We want meaningful discussions that edify and convict us to live godly in Christ Jesus and not just a mass amount of information.

2 Timothy 2:16
Avoid godless chatter, because those who indulge in it will become more and more ungodly.

2011/12/13 16:17Profile

Hey Brother, I really don't know what you mean by multiple articles, perhaps you can explain a bit further, sometimes my mind doesn't quite grasp what is being conveyed. Sorry.

2011/12/13 17:51
PaulWest

Dallas, Texas

Re:

Excellent word of correction brother. I agree that it can be quite irksome to see strong threads and topics quickly disappear due to indiscriminate multiple posting.

While we realise each thread is important and relevant in some way to the person who posted it, there is a certain unspoken ethic that comes into play. If the forum is being frequently inundated by several concurrent posts that have "0" replies, and all of them by the same poster, it can be a sad waste, for not only do the posts themselves disappear quickly, but, like our brother pointed out, they can also bump off several "live" topics being discussed.

This can be easily remedied if we would pray for wisdom, consideration, moderation and restraint when bringing new threads to light.

2011/12/13 21:00Profile
Heydave

Hampshire, UK

Re:

This is something I have been a bit frustrated about for some time.

In addition can I ask if it is possible to consider a change to the forum structure to try and adress the problem that too often many discussion posts are quickly lost from first page view and never get a chance to develop.

What I am thinking is that we get a lot of articles and news items posted, which contribute to the front page posts being very quicly replaced. Is it possible to make a seperate area for articles and news (maybe only available for the moderators to post) and then have the forum just for discussions on the other issues.

I do think it would be good if we could restrict the number of article and news posts as it is just not practicle for folk to take them all in, unless you spend all day on the computer, which I would NOT recommend.

2011/12/14 5:58Profile
Heydave

Hampshire, UK

Re:

Bringing this back up as I don't think folk have noticed the request.

2011/12/14 15:14Profile

Re:

Heydave,

It seems that things are much better now, I have noticed a great change just in the last few days, perhaps others have too? ........... brother Frank

2011/12/14 16:15
Lysa

East TN for now!

Well, I hope you guys are happy now. I do not know if you were talking about a 'certain person' but now the 'certain person' I'm thinking about hasn't posted any of her devotions in two days.

I respect the guy who have started this thread and those who have responded as being spiritual.... but your responses have shown such a total LACK OF LOVE for others all because you don't want to click on "Visit Forums" to find the threads that you do like. Something so simple that someone with love could do as not injure someone else's spirit.

1 Peter 4:8 And above all things have fervent charity among yourselves: since love covers a multitude of sins. (even perceived sins)

God have mercy on us all,
Lisa

** Caps for emphasis, not intended as yelling. (Thank you Solomon101 for this)

2011/12/17 5:02Profile
MaryJane

Re:

after speaking with another I feel the
need to edit my reply.

2011/12/17 8:40Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy