SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : I am shocked and need to share it now...

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 Next Page )
PosterThread
browny

I am shocked and need to share it now...

I spoke to some sisters who are still attending the church I one attended myself 6 years ago.
It is an evangelical, Pentecost kind of church.. All my friends are still going to this church.
And this morning they where telling me about Sumba dancing in church.
And they where all planning to go there. I was totally speechless.
Not only one evening…you can make your choice….it is possible to dance four evenings.
O Lord. Before I spoke to my friends this morning I was crying about the “worldly-state” I see so many dear brothers and sisters in these last day’s. The day’s so close before the coming of Jesus.
There is no longing for prayer and the preachers who are bringing the true words of God are banned out now.
It is the fasted growing church in my town and perhaps in the country. The pastor is young and very popular.
I am totally shocked about this dancing. I needed to share it with somebody. That’s why I am post it now.
O my dear brothers and sisters, stay close to the Word, watch and pray.

With tears,
browny

2011/12/7 9:42Profile
lindi1208

Re: I am shocked and need to share it now...

Dear Browny

You highlight a spiritual truth that has been heavily burdening my spirit. The worldly- state of Christianity today is so painful to watch and my spirit is grieved by it all we can do is pray pray pray pray and pray some more. Let's pray without ceasing and God is faithful and just to keep his true bride pure and Christ will present her faultless with exceeding great joy one day

Love in Christ

2011/12/7 10:25Profile
jimp

Re:

hi, if you sub the word arobic exercise instead of dance would it make you feel more comfortable . i forgot that commandment about dancing.

2011/12/7 10:36Profile
mama27

Re:

"hi, if you sub the word arobic exercise instead of dance would it make you feel more comfortable . i forgot that commandment about dancing."

No - it doesn't make more comfortable - 99% of it is sensual, and not clothed.....somehow I don't think David dancing in the Bible was sensual and unclothed - doesn't fit with a HOLY GOD....

I am so sorry, Browny! Many of us feel very alone...

2011/12/7 10:40Profile
Solomon101

America's Flyover Country

Re:

Hey Browny-

Just a point of clarification for me.

Are you sure it is "sumba" dancing? There is very little to be found on "sumba" dancing. Although the little I could find showed it to be basically a "ballroom dancing" with Brazilian or South American flavors. We had another thread dissecting that pretty completely recently so I will not comment on it further. I have never watched it, but I suppose the rise in popularity of the "Dancing With The Stars" shows could have created an avenue of interest that a church opened up to. However, from all I can see it is basically ballroom dancing with a Latin flair. Is this what they were going to?

Another thought came to me. Is this actually "Zumba Dancing" rather than "Sumba Dancing"? I know several ladies who use the "Zumba" dancing. It is basically an intense aerobic workout. Rather than jogging, running on a tread mill, or riding a stationary bike they do an an intense aerobic workout in the form of high calorie burning "dances in place",,, more or less. But it is basically a fitness workout at the end of the day. Is it possible that the thing they referred to was "Zumba Dancing" and they are simply meeting some other ladies for a workout time? I know some churches have multi purpose rooms (gyms, fellowship halls, etc.) that groups of ladies will use as a "safe place" for them to work out together 2 or 3 nights a week. They don't want to go to a public gym where there are guys there ogleing (sp?) them constantly with their eyes... so they meet together as a group for an aerobic workout in the multi purpose room, often with a time of fellowship and/or a devotional facilitated by one of the ladies. Is it possible this is what they were referring to, the "Zumba Dance Fitness" program?

Oh yeah..one last question...were these times for females only or were they coed?

Just asking for a little clarification.... not exactly sure what they meant at this point.

Thanks Browny!

Blessings.

2011/12/7 10:54Profile
browny

Re:

YOU ARE RIGHT IT IS Zumba Dancing and it is coed.
And, at least for my friends, it is __not__ to feel more comfortable. They don't have a problem with this...
Sorry if my writing is not correct...I am to upset to find the right words in Englisch at the moment.
You see, I see my friends getting more and more attending the world. And it makes me so sad to see this...
Thank you for your repley Solomon101

Bless you,
Agnes

2011/12/7 11:05Profile
jimp

Re:

hi, it is not my job to be a judge of anyone else in the church. itis my job to be the best me in the church and be a witness as i live out my life. obesity is the main physical problem in this country and a church that provides a high intensity aerobic exercise program to help seems to be a good way to make those who succeed in getting in shape with their testimony.jimp there is nothing sensual about zumba.it is fast and and increasingly difficult.

2011/12/7 11:10Profile
browny

Re:

Still I think it would be a better way of exercise to go on your knees and pray, standing up and raise your hands in worship...And I am not judging,,,I am only so sad to see many people attending this and almost nobody showing up for a time of prayer....no time...no energy for praying.

Shalom jimp

browny

2011/12/7 11:16Profile
keepstanding

UK

Re:

Dear Browny

I can totally sympathise with you, it’s very sad and grievous. Much prayer is needed.

Blessings to you

2011/12/7 11:30Profile
mama27

Re:

I do not wish to excite debate....I am not judging....it is for the Holy Spirit to convict and guide everyone who belongs to Him....I just have to say that I have never seen aerobics done in loose-flowing/non-form-fitting garments....seems to me it would be next to impossible....I am certainly not against exercise. But if this is done in a coed setting, I would think a boundary has been crossed that certainly can be sensual and potentially arousing lust and potentially causing brothers to stumble. How could you call this worship?

2011/12/7 11:33Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy