SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : News and Current Events : New poll shows 4-way tie in Iowa as Ron Paul moves to top tier

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
PosterThread
dietolive

Re: martyr

Quote:
"Greg stay your eyes on Jesus and his gospel. Only Jesus can bring true hope. Surely Ron Paul cannot."

Yes, politics is not the answer. That is the point dear Brother. Only Jesus can save our country and the world.

No man can do it.

Ron Paul wants to smash the power of the State over the Church. He agrees with Samuel and with God in this regard.

We should too.

"But the thing displeased Samuel, when they said, Give us a king to judge us. And Samuel prayed unto the LORD.

And the LORD said unto Samuel, Hearken unto the voice of the people in all that they say unto thee: for they have not rejected thee, but THEY HAVE REJECTED ME, that I should not reign over them. I Samuel 8:6-7

Be well,
Doug

2011/11/16 12:46Profile
gators52

Central Florida

Re:

I'm not really surprised at the people who seem to ALWAYS have an opinion about every thread on here. If the MODERATOR wants to talk about deer hunting by all means it his website. Let be adults everyone.

2011/11/16 12:48Profile

Re:

martyr... while I agree w/the gist of what you are saying, it also must be said that for the past 200+ years the gospel has gone to the four corners of the earth mainly because of God's willingness to use America and her ability to do so. To be taken over by communism, or worse would only darken that light.

If we would all get serious and pray for real revival like in Edwards day, or the Welch revival... and if such a revival happened... politics would take care of itself.

It has happened before. It can happen again.

Krispy

2011/11/16 12:48

Re:

gators... thanks for voicing your opinion about this thread... lol :-)

Krispy

2011/11/16 12:51
gators52

Central Florida

Re:

God has removed His hand from this nation. One cannot read the minor prophets and clearly see if God will smite Israel then He will surely smite America. A president will not save us. Christ will allow His.Bride to be refined. The church in.America is asleep and she is at ease when the majority of people around us are going to hell. The die has been cast.

2011/11/16 12:56Profile
dietolive

Re: gators52

Quote:
"God has removed His hand from this nation. One cannot read the minor prophets and clearly see if God will smite Israel then He will surely smite America... The die has been cast."

Dear Brothers,

God will indeed completely destroy our nation, just as He did to ancient Israel, so long as there is not at least one who is willing to stand in the gap for the land.

Question: Are you, dear Reader, willing to be that man?

"And I SOUGHT FOR A MAN AMONG THEM, that should make up the hedge, and stand in the gap before me for the land, that I SHOULD NOT DESTROY IT; but I found none."

THEREFORE [THAT IS THE REASON WHY]... I poured out mine indignation upon them; I have consumed them with the fire of my wrath: their own way have I recompensed upon their heads, saith the Lord GOD." Ezekiel 22:30-31

2011/11/16 13:11Profile
AbideinHim

Louisiana

Re:

"Strictly speaking a president who stands for moral truth is the one that should be voted for.

ie not living in debt (a teaching of Jesus Christ)
ie not living in abundance when you don't have the means
ie not supporting the rich and taking from the poor
ie not supporting killing children (abortion)
ie not making unjust wars to protect money or assets (gas)"

Greg, I agree with you brother. There are many Christian that want to seperate their Christiainity from politics to the extent that they will not even vote on election day.

America is in the mess that it is in because of the apathy of many Christians. We better wake up or we are going to loose this nation to those who would like to eliminate God from every aspect of our society.

We need to start putting God's interest first and not our own. Which candidate is more in line with the will of God standing for truth, righteousness and justice that supports Israel?

"I exhort therefore, that, first of all, supplications, prayers, intercessions, and giving of thanks, be made for all men;
For kings, and for all that are in authority; that we may lead a quiet and peaceable life in all godliness and honesty.
For this is good and acceptable in the sight of God our Saviour;
Who will have all men to be saved, and to come unto the knowledge of the truth." (1 Timothy 2:1-4).

Mike

2011/11/16 14:19Profile

Re:

I'm actually excited because I see and hear a lot of Christians issuing warnings and yelling at the top of their lungs that we are in deep deep trouble... we certainly are!

But it's refreshing because while we all declare that no one is standing for God we are failing to realize that WE are standing for God!

Revival begins with one heart bowed before God... and I think more than one heart is now bowed.

We are either on the eve of destruction, or the eve of revival. Time will tell. If you look at true rivivals throughout history they never begin in the good times. They are usually born out of tough times... and we are in tough times right now. Tougher than a lot of people even realize. We've been praying for revival, right? Well, turn up the intensity of your prayers, brethren. I think we may be on the brink of ripening.

It's cool to be a doom prophet and be angry and all that... it gets a lot of amens, but I think we're missing what the Lord might REALLY be doing. He may be turning up the heat not to destroy America but to prepare it for an outpouring of His Spirit and for true revival!

Be encouraged!

Krispy

2011/11/16 14:41
dietolive

Re: Krispy

Quote:
"It's cool to be a doom prophet and be angry and all that... it gets a lot of amens, but I think we're missing what the Lord might REALLY be doing. He may be turning up the heat not to destroy America but to prepare it for an outpouring of His Spirit and for true revival!"

This must be true dear Brother. After all, "God is not willing that any should perish." He is not setting us up to fail, but to be victorious through our Lord Jesus Christ.

Let's not let what our natural eyes see discourage us, dear brothers.

Get alone; close your eyes, and seek the Lord until he shows you HIS GLORY. Fear Not!

"...for they that be with us are more than they that be with them." II Kings 6:16

Amen?

2011/11/16 14:55Profile
rookie

Savannah TN

Re:

Those men, who whether by speach or action, promote the growth of government over this world are in line with Satan who holds sway over this world. In the end times according to Scripture, mankind will look to man to rule over them.

The Constitution of the United States, while imperfect, was established to preserve the freedom of the individual. Only one man by word and deed, has sought to revive the Constitution. The words and actions of Ron Paul have not changed over his lifetime of public service.

Paul of the bible writes to Timothy...

1Ti 2:1 Therefore I exhort first of all that supplications, prayers, intercessions, [and] giving of thanks be made for all men,

1Ti 2:2 for kings and all who are in authority, that we may lead a quiet and peaceable life in all godliness and reverence.

The authority that we have now does not promote this freedom.

2011/11/16 15:09Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy