SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : News and Current Events : New poll shows 4-way tie in Iowa as Ron Paul moves to top tier

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
PosterThread
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 New poll shows 4-way tie in Iowa as Ron Paul moves to top tier

The Iowa caucuses are just seven weeks away, but Republican voters in the nation's first presidential nominating state seem as torn as ever over the GOP field.

A new Bloomberg poll of likely caucus participants shows a four-way tie in Iowa, with Rep. Ron Paul joining Mitt Romney, Newt Gingrich and Herman Cain in the top tier of candidates. Underscoring the uncertainty in the race, 60 percent of respondents said they could be persuaded to back someone other than their first choice for the nomination.

The poll, conducted November 10 - 12 by the West Des Moines-based firm Selzer & Co, shows Cain in the lead with 20 percent, while Paul comes in at 19 percent. Romney wins 18 percent support, and Gingrich earns 17 percent. The margin of error is 4.4 percent. ...

read more: http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-503544_162-57324938-503544/new-poll-shows-4-way-tie-in-iowa-as-ron-paul-moves-to-top-tier/

2011/11/16 9:57Profile

Re: New poll shows 4-way tie in Iowa as Ron Paul moves to top tier

I thought we were to kind of stay out of the political side of life on here? Quick way to start a fruitless debate.

Krispy

2011/11/16 10:11
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 Re:

I thought it would be important to bring up this canidate (Ron Paul) because he is not being controlled by money and others. He seems like a very real and possible good president for the USA. http://www.ronpaul2012.com

The media has ignored him for many years and now are forced to have to air his views which are very radical. ie cutting the debt of america 1 trillion dollars for the first year. And he wants to get back to the consitution of america which was made by the founders.

2011/11/16 10:16Profile
White_Stone

North Central Florida

Re:

Krispy was right!

How can you dismiss Herman Cain so easily. Ron Paul has been around for years and what has he done? He is part of the political brotherhood.

2011/11/16 10:20Profile
dietolive

Re: New poll shows 4-way tie in Iowa as Ron Paul moves to top tier

Quote:
"I thought we were to kind of stay out of the political side of life on here? Quick way to start a fruitless debate."

If a moderator opens something up for discussion, there is some lattitude to discuss it, provided we seek the Lord for guidance and post in humility.

THERE IS A DEEP ISSUE AT STAKE HERE. WHO HAS EYES TO SEE IT?

The huge centralized "State" has murdured 100's of millions of its own citizens in the 20th century alone. When we understand that human nature does not change, and that power corrupts and absolute power corrupts absolutely, we will understand that our future is bleak.

The "Ron Paul" movement (as imperfect as it is), represents an almost complete rollback of centralized Statist power.

As the world comes to the brink of almost certain Global Depression, and the usual attendant wars, (though inevitably greater then ever before), what is the Church of Jesus Christ going to do?

2011/11/16 10:26Profile
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 Re:

Strictly speaking a president who stands for moral truth is the one that should be voted for.

ie not living in debt (a teaching of Jesus Christ)
ie not living in abundance when you don't have the means
ie not supporting the rich and taking from the poor
ie not supporting killing children (abortion)
ie not making unjust wars to protect money or assets (gas)

I just felt it was worth mentioning this man. I believe he is not a born-again Christian but he definetly seems like a better choice then a Mormon!

2011/11/16 10:28Profile
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 Re:

The "Ron Paul" movement (as imperfect as it is), represents an almost complete rollback of centralized Statist power.
--

this is exactly the point I am trying to hammer down. Communistic thinking is taking over North America and we must pray God will preserve us from such a bondage which will hurt the Church greatly.

2011/11/16 10:29Profile
rookie

Savannah TN

Re:

Gregg wrote:

"The media has ignored him for many years and now are forced to have to air his views which are very radical.
"

There are many things which seperate Ron Paul from most men today. To me I see that most men in leadership today resemble the time in which Isaiah writes in the first 5 chapters. Ron Paul on the other hand is not like most. The media seeks to block the views of Ron Paul because the world hates his message.

Why does the world hate what Paul teaches?

2011/11/16 10:36Profile
ADisciple

Alberta, Canada

Re:

"Why does the world hate what Paul teaches?"

For many reasons, no doubt. One of them being that he taught that our politics is to be in a completely different realm.

"For our conversation (our citizenship, Gk. politema) is in Heaven..." (Phil. 3.20).

AD

2011/11/16 12:19Profile

Re: Greg

Brother I am surprised you are opening up this discussion. You know better than I Ron Paul is not the hope for this country but only Jesus Christ and his gospel. I might add Jesus Christ is the only hope for Canada also.

Actually the best thing for the church in America is to have the communist or Moslems take over. Where to you see the evangelical church growing???? In China, a communist country and Iran, a Moslem country. Where is the church not growing? In America, Canada, England.

I disagree with David Barton who says the gospel best grows in a friendly environment. Those places where the gospel is flourishing are in countries hostile to Christ.

Greg stay your eyes on Jesus and his gospel. Only Jesus can bring true hope. Surely Ron Paul cannot.

Blaine

2011/11/16 12:32

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy