SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Revivals And Church History : The fourth commandment: the Sabbath

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 Next Page )
PosterThread
amranger

Montana

Re:

I don't get your point?

I agree that it said he has risen? Of course he has!

Mark 16:9

Now when Jesus was risen early the first day of the week, he appeared first to Mary Magdalene, out of whom he had cast seven devils.

2011/11/21 16:47Profile

Re:

Oh boy... the Grace killers have arrived.

Krispy

2011/11/21 16:50

Re:

Mark 16:9-20 [The earliest manuscripts and some other ancient witnesses do not have verses 9–20.]

this is taken from http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Mark+16%3A9-20&version=NIV

You can count on the Catholics to manipulate and deceive.
I did not make that up brother, they admit to many additions, subtractions and omissions.

Also notice that (HE) rose early on the first(DAY) the words in caps are in italic. Whenever words are italicized in the bible means it was added by the translators. Just look it up for yourself.

2011/11/21 16:59

Re: Hello Krispy

Quote:

hello Krispy, I love you too. I just want to see you in the kingdom that's why I'm pounding on this subject.

2011/11/21 17:02
Sree

Re:

Quote:

Being a Calvinist you believe that grace can be killed? If God’s grace cannot be resisted by men as believed by your doctrine then how can men kill it?
Repent now to John Calvin :).

2011/11/21 17:02Profile

Re:

Quote:
Repent now to John Calvin

Calvinist, hmmmm. Interesting. I will read on the subject. Thanks

2011/11/21 17:12

Re: From the scriptures

Col.2:14
Having cancelled the written code, with its regulations, that was against us and that stood opposed to us:; he took it away, nailing it to the cross.

Colossians 2/16-17
Therefore do not let anyone judge you by what you eat of drink, or with regard to a religious festival, a new moon celebration, or a Sabbath day. These are a shadow of the things that were to come, the reality, however, is found in Christ.

Eph.2:14-15
For he himself is our peace, who has made the two one and has destroyed the barrier, the dividing. wall of hostility, by abolishing in his flesh the law with its commandments and regulations.

Rom.6:14
Because you are not under law but under grace.

Gal.3:25
Now that faith has come, we are no longe underr the supervision of the law.

Rom.10:4
Christ is the end of the law so that there may be righteousness for everyone who believes.

The above scriptures clearly teach that the belever in Jesus Christ is not under the Mosaic code or 10 commandments. Those commandments, which inudes a Sabbath day, were given to Israel. When Jesus came and completed his work of redemption on the cross the law was aboragated. It was declared null and void. It was destroyed. The law has no relevance to a follower of the Lamb.

The believer in Christ is governed by the gospel (Gal.2:14, Phil.1:1:27). The. believer in Jesus is directed by the Holy Spirit (Rom.8:1-2, Gal.5:16-26). Faith and grace are the dynamics by which the believer lives by (Gal.3:25, Rom.6:14).

To insist one keep a Sabbath is a denial of the finished work of Christ on the cross. Paul would argue from Gal.3:10 that such person is under a curse.

I am amazed that so few have spoken out against the prevailing legalism in this thread. Those who say we need to expose false teacbing, this is clearly false. It contradicts the gospel. The issue of Sabbath keeping. goes against apostolic teaching as Paul wrote in Romans and Galatians.

The only Sabbath the Christian is concerned about is Jesus. Hebrews 4 expounds this.

Thus let us fix our eyes on Jesus.

Blaine Scogin

2011/11/21 17:43

Re:

"After all, Rev 12:9 plainly says that we are all deceived at this time. We can all be wrong. Just a thought

"Just a thought". That is how Satan works. He gave a thought to Eve and she gave in, a thought was given to Jesus at His temptation but He rebuked the thought and corrected the error of the one who delivered the false thought.

In regards to Revelation 12:9,, I can understand how you interpret the whole world as including yourself, but we as believers who by the grace of God are saved, we are not of this world, though in it, we are not of it. We are not deceived because we do not hear the voice of Satan, we don't follow him, we follow the voice of Jesus Christ.

John 10:27 My sheep hear my voice, and I know them, and they follow me: 28 And I give unto them eternal life; and they shall never perish, neither shall any man pluck them out of my hand.

Since you err in this one point, I ask you, who are you hearing?

2011/11/21 18:05

Re: An Agenda!!

Monnkz said: "I just want to see you in the kingdom that's why I'm pounding on this subject."

"I'm pounding on this subject".

An Agenda, Agenda's are frowned upon by the Administrator and the Administration of SI.

2011/11/21 18:10

Re: Question to the forum

How are we saved? By faith in Jesus or keeping the Sabbat?

Blaine.

2011/11/21 18:17

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy