SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : SermonIndex Announcements : Bible School update (webmaster)

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 Next Page )
PosterThread
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 Re:

Today I was able to help out in downtown San Diego in a church called "Horizon Fellowship" which is affliated with Calvary Chapel. It was neat to be back in a big city and to help pack care bags with food for people who need it. Its a neat concept that this church is undertaking its called "adopting a block or building" where they send food, knock on doors for prayer, and just simply show the love of christ to that building or block. I am excited to be a part of it and will be going back down there on thursday to help more with brother Josh. I will try and take a few photos next time I go down.

2005/1/25 19:07Profile
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 Re:

Quote:
I am excited to be a part of it and will be going back down there on thursday to help more with brother Josh. I will try and take a few photos next time I go down.

Me and pastor Josh were able to go back down to downtown San Diego and help the Horizon Park Chapel church out more. They are preparing for a huge outreach on the coming saturday to the downtown area and they have been praying and fasting all week long. It was awesome to be able to help with some of the hard lifting and work that was needed to be done. I really felt it was the Lord working because many of the people were fasting and the hard work would have really hit them hard.

As I was packing the bags with food to be given out to poor people in San Diego there was a sense given to me that this is a very good thing to be doing. If anyone gives a quick read of the new testament you cannot escape the fact that God puts a HUGE emphasis on us taking care of the poor. It was definetly a blessing to be involved and helping out. And after this experience its something I want to be continued to be involved in notwithstanding the church I attend.

As promised I got some pictures throughout the day.. enjoy:

[img]https://www.sermonindex.net/modules/myalbum/photos/thumbs/1205.jpg[/img]

2005/1/28 14:55Profile
Yodi

Escondido, California

Re:

Great pictures Greg! I was excited to discover that I have been to Horizon Park Chapel before. It's on Fir Street, right? Right next to Hillcrest where the rainbow flags proudly wave. Anyway, that little church rocks!

Dude, that is so awesome that you got to go to San Diego a couple times and help out with the homeless. You've been doing quite a bit since I've been gone. I can't even express how excited I am concerning these opportunities you've had to serve!

Speaking of me being gone, is that why you're not smiling in any of your pictures? Just kidding. Yikes!

Okay, to bring this back to where it should be, I totally agree with you Greg concerning the New Testament mentioning how the poor should be treated. I myself have been reading again what the Old Testament has to say about the orphan, widow, foreigner and poor in the land. I even read last night that if you don't help the poor and then they cry out to God, it's considered a sin and God will deal with you. I would not want that on my head. Since getting involved with Josh's ministry to the homeless and our community, God has definitely changed my once critical and cold heart towards the homeless that would come to the church asking for help, or those on the side of the road holding up cardboard signs. I have definitely learned of Jesus' compassion, reading through the Gospels recently and hope that I will view and treat all with God's love.

Well, you've been in my prayers as the Lord has lead. I'm getting more and more excited for you concerning the Bible college. You have been a blessing to all of us. May God continue to bless you as you seek to simply obey Him and get to know Him more intimantely.

2005/1/28 15:55Profile
philologos

Reading, UK

Re:

Greg
Thanks for the pictures. Do those pigeons know they are being seen all over the world? Are they special pigeons or just pigeons? Would you like me to send a picture of some of our pigeons? How about Australian and South African pigeons? Could we have a special pigeon section on the forums? What about...

Sorry, great pictures. Sometimes my sense of humour just has me helpless! :-D

2005/1/28 16:09Profile
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 Re:

Quote:
Great pictures Greg! I was excited to discover that I have been to Horizon Park Chapel before. It's on Fir Street, right? Right next to Hillcrest where the rainbow flags proudly wave. Anyway, that little church rocks!

Yes its really an outreach to many who are homeless or lower class in san diego. It was such a blessing to meet the leadership who seem to really have the love of Christ to share with these broken people.

Quote:
Speaking of me being gone, is that why you're not smiling in any of your pictures? Just kidding. Yikes!

no comment :-P

Quote:
God has definitely changed my once critical and cold heart towards the homeless that would come to the church asking for help, or those on the side of the road holding up cardboard signs.

Joshs ministry has blessed me in this way also :-)

Quote:
Do those pigeons know they are being seen all over the world? Are they special pigeons or just pigeons? Would you like me to send a picture of some of our pigeons? How about Australian and South African pigeons? Could we have a special pigeon section on the forums? What about...

hehe laugh all you want but I think its a cool photo.. I was inspired to take it 8-) if you can get a better picture of UK pigeons then we will talk :-P [laughs]

[img]https://www.sermonindex.net/modules/myalbum/photos/thumbs/1202.jpg[/img]

2005/1/28 16:44Profile
philologos

Reading, UK

Re:

Quote:
hehe laugh all you want but I think its a cool photo.. I was inspired to take it if you can get a better picture of UK pigeons then we will talk

Is there any significance in the fact that these cool san diego pigeons have turned their backs on you? ;-)

2005/1/29 9:10Profile
moreofHim

Re: homeless pics

Greg,

what a blessing it is to see you helping out with the homeless! my heart is right there with you. Loved the pictures! In and Out? You must really love that place! :-)

ysiC, Chanin

2005/1/29 13:45Profile
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 Re:

Quote:
In and Out? You must really love that place!

yes its a great place to eat.. and reasonably priced.. possibly the heavenly manna for our generation. :-P

[img]https://www.sermonindex.net/modules/myalbum/photos/thumbs/1216.jpg[/img]

I was able to meet with brother Mike for the last 2 days.. click here to see about it and pictures:
Mike and Greg meet finally :P

2005/1/29 19:19Profile
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 Re:

I am leaving to go to the bible school campus today. I would appreciate prayers for safe travel and for all the necessary things to happen to get accustomed and fit into the community. I will try and get some pictures of the campus in the next few days once I get established. Thank you all for your prayers, encouragements and exhorations. I am truly excited at what the Lord is going to do in my life and in the lifes of others at CCBC.

2005/2/1 11:29Profile
RobertW

St. Joseph, Missouri

Re:

Quote:
I am leaving to go to the bible school campus today. I would appreciate prayers for safe travel and for all the necessary things to happen to get accustomed and fit into the community.

Will be praying for you brother Greg!

God Bless,

-Robert

2005/2/1 11:41Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy