SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : Scriptures and Doctrine : Given Her for a Covering by Mike Atnip

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 Next Page )
PosterThread
keepstanding

UK

Re:

I am disgusted at some of the responses people have posted on the forum.
I am a Christian woman, one of literally a very few that wears a head covering in the UK.
A couple of years back after much prayer and studying I realised that 1 cor 11 is certainly saying that women should wear a covering when praying or prophesying, which as we know should be without ceasing. So I wear a covering at home, in church, and in public.
When I first started to wear my covering it was the hardest thing I’ve ever had to do, especially to face family and friends, when I knew none of them would approve, and knowing that some would have a mocking spirit. On the other hand I also knew that my faithfulness to my LORD, my saviour, who saved me, (a dreadful sinner who really does deserve hell) is far more important that what any other human being on this earth may think.
I have come to realise that the persecution actually comes from the church, and that people in the world find my covering quite a testimony. I now thank God for this wonderful veil that I wear upon my head that my blessed LORD gave me for my own good, and his glory.
To GOD be the glory for his wonderful perfect ways, and his love for me.

The covering is also part of modest dress, but in this country not only have women removed their coverings. They also show off other parts of thier bodies that should only be seen by their husband. Not really much of a light is it?? Are we not supposed to be a light, and also provoke Jews to jealousy to lead them to their messiah. How can we do that if many Christians are dressing as total heathens, following the dress code of the world (which encourages total immodesty) and not Gods ways.

I am very very alone in this heathen land, and I sincerely pray that one day soon the LORD will lead me to a church that has a desire for holiness. purity and love.

The LORD bless you Doug for your loving responces

"But he knoweth the way that I take: when he hath tried me, I shall come forth as gold." -Job 23:10

2011/10/27 6:54Profile
keepstanding

UK

Re: Given Her for a Covering by Mike Atnip

2011/10/27 7:01Profile
makrothumia

Texas

Re:

Dear Sister Keepstanding

I was also saddened by the sarcasm and demeaning nature of some of the prior post, but I am NOT disgusted with those who posted them. How will the world know that we are His disciples when we are "disgusted" with one another?

We do not right a wrong by falling into the other ditch.

makrothumia

2011/10/27 7:37Profile
keepstanding

UK

Re:

Dear makrothumia

I apologise, im not disgusted at the people, but at the sarcasm and demeaning nature of some of the posts. I will gladly serve these people, and would help them if in need.

2011/10/27 7:46Profile
makrothumia

Texas

Re:

Thank you dear sister, I was hoping that was your heart.

We must all remember that our speech, even our posts, should be seasonsed with salt and full of grace.

We should all pursue what Paul exhorted Timothy to seek,
Seriousness, and soundness of speech that can not be condemned.

Men will give an account on the day of judgment for every unwholesome post they have written. This should call us to intercede for those who are in danger rather than join them in their error.

makrothumia

2011/10/27 7:51Profile
MaryJane

Re:

Reading through this thread has been very informative. I have learned some things and in some ways it has helped to strengthen what the LORD has been showing me on this topic. I realize this is not about me being wrong or someone else being wrong. Its about what GOD is showing me and doing in my life. In the end I really feel confident in where I am on this matter. I have prayed, I have read the posts, I have searched HIS word, I have sought out the thoughts of those I know love the LORD deeply, I have shared and listened to my own husband and I realize that I can walk in what GOD has for me in this. My husband knows my heart, he knows I honor and respect him. He knows that I trust and submit to his authority in our home. The true measure of the life of a CHRISTIAN is not outward appearances in any matter, its the heart. A heart and life that is filled with the Holy Spirit will love the light and truth of GOD and that will reflect in our daily living one to another!!

God bless
Maryjane

2011/10/27 9:09Profile
mikey2

Re:

Sometimes sarcasm is needed to wake people up. I doubt if Paul will give an account for his sarcasm in Galatia.

He had to resort to that because of the ridiculousness of the Galatians and Peter to believe this "other" Gospel.

You would not indict Paul would you? And I am not putting myself on his level, but he did use sarcasm to wake people up.

2011/10/27 10:09Profile
Heydave

Hampshire, UK

Re: keepstanding

My dear sister Kepstanding,

I truly appologise if you have been offended by anything I have written, that was not my intention. It was only to have an open and honest discussion of the subject that was posted by Greg so we could consider what the scripture says on this subject.

I think the last post by Mary Jane is what should be the result of these discussions. She does not tell us her conclusions, but whatever they are, some of the points (could be on either side) have helped her in this.

So again, please do not be offended by the questioning of this issue as we all seak to find out that which is pleasing unto the LORD.

Edit: I also meant to add that it should also be considered that offense can be had on either side of this debate. So when it is said or implied "that those who question the practice of head covering just don't want to obey the LORD", this is just as wrong and demeaning. We should consider both sides I think.

2011/10/27 10:11Profile
dietolive

Re:

The hand extended to COMFORT, and the hand stretched out to STRIKE: both are used of the Lord.

Like the Rod and Staff of our Great Shepherd, He uses the One to refine the heart of its native pride, and the Other to pick us up and encourage us when we are wounded.

I therefore sincerely thank all who dealt thus with me in this Thread.

If there are to be no more serious questions or arguments against this ancient practice, I will gratefully lay down “my pen” on the subject.

Be well in the Lord everyone,
Doug

2011/10/27 10:27Profile

Re:

Maryjane writes.........

" The true measure of the life of a CHRISTIAN is not outward appearances in any matter, its the heart. A heart and life that is filled with the Holy Spirit will love the light and truth of GOD and that will reflect in our daily living one to another!! "

Amen sister and God bless you.........brother Frank

2011/10/27 10:36

©2002-2020 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Affiliate Disclosure | Privacy Policy