SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : General Topics : HEADCOVERING FOR WOMEN by Zac Poonen

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 Next Page )
PosterThread

Re:

Greg,

I haven't followed the whole thread, so I am not sure if someone has mentioned this to you. but if you feel so strongly about this, to the point that you subtly accuse fellow christians of being worldly, why do you have Pastor Carter preaching at your conference? TSC does not practice head coverings and Theresa Conlon is an associate Pastor of Times Square Church. They actually call her "Pastor", not "Sister", and Pastor David appointed her. Not only that, she is now President of Mt. Zion School of MInistry and has authority not only over the male staff, but the male students who are preparing for ministry all over the world.

I'm sincerely confused...

2011/10/3 22:36
passerby

Re:

Yes it is confusing, but it is anyone's choice, either you listen to the apostle Paul or follow other man's example.

Jesus Christ saves. Head coverings do not save. Amen to that, but whether someone is doing it amiss or not, the fact is, the apostle Paul taught to observe this, in spirit of submission and humility.

If someone thinks that this instruction are among those with expiration date, then let's hear the argument.

2011/10/3 23:11Profile

Re:

1Co 11:5 But every woman who prays or prophesies with her head unveiled dishonors her head; for that is even the same as if she were shaved.

Who would argue with Scripture? A plain reading of the text should leave no one confused. If a woman prays or prophesies in the church, she should have her head covered as a symbol. This discussion has veered of somewhat and we have made the symbol some kind of Spiritual thing. The Spiritual thing is the praying and the Prophesying. Do you ladies pray and Prophesy in your churches? Do you gentlemen who are so anxious for the ladies to cover their heads and are so foucssed on sumbmission and authority, do you allow the ladies to pray and prophecy? Do you even believe in the gify of Prophecy? Do you believe in any of the sign gifts? And if you do not, what ones no longer exist and what is the Scriptural proofs that you would brng that would nullify these gifts?

Okay, I really do not want to start a cessasionist discussion, I merely wish to point out the hypocrisy of many of the "conservative," brothers and sisters. It is argued strongly that it is there in Scripture so it should be followed, no questions asked, and many of these people are the very people who would not accept the Gifts of the Holy Spirit, who would run a mile from a brother or sister who spoke in tongues. And of course there is a wealth of Scriptures for the sign gifts in comparison to the "veil," Scripture. One must be consistant. If you are not praying or exercising the gift of Prophecy in your congregations, then why even speak of the veil that is used to cover you as you do this?

And of course, we are not just talking about the veil. Pants would be unnaceptable I believe for many of these sisters, but I am not sure, perhaps Ginnyrose ( a dear sister in Christ) could tell us..........brother Frank

2011/10/4 0:22
sermonindex

"Pilgrim and Sojourner." - 1 Peter 2:11

Online!
 Re:

Quote:
I haven't followed the whole thread, so I am not sure if someone has mentioned this to you. but if you feel so strongly about this, to the point that you subtly accuse fellow christians of being worldly, why do you have Pastor Carter preaching at your conference? TSC does not practice head coverings and Theresa Conlon is an associate Pastor of Times Square Church. They actually call her "Pastor", not "Sister", and Pastor David appointed her. Not only that, she is now President of Mt. Zion School of MInistry and has authority not only over the male staff, but the male students who are preparing for ministry all over the world.

Brother, I am not judging others for my last statement was clear I believe that this is not an issue to judge and accuse others of. But each person must be convinced in his/her own heart. Many of the godliest ministries and sisters alive right now do not practice headcoverings, this is just a fact. It is not a instant godliness choice in any way. I fully do not judge or think a church less spiritual if they don't practice head coverings.

Also even if a sister is a teacher who is anointed of the Holy Spirit though a more biblical place is for her to teach over women (which teresa does powerfully in her womens ministry) but she also preaches at church over men and though I feel personally it is more biblical and better not to have this happen, I fully support TSC and her in the role God has her there. I believe that TSC is more of a prophetic (antoich) church rather then an example of a normal local church. But I do have allowance for this personally (this really does not matter for others for it is my own personal conviction) and I am only sharing this conviction to allow people to see the liberty in my heart on this issue.

Thus I am fully supportive and allowing for women who teach and also that do not cover their heads. But I do have a personal conviction that the Scriptures teach against both and feel it would be more ideal and better if many local assemblies practiced obedience to these Scriptures.

All of this discussion started from an article by brother Zac Poonen that was posted. I felt it would be informative to post it and was not trying to "impose" something like this on everyone but there are those that are feeling led by the Spirit to consider these things and some because of lack of knowledge do not cover or know about this tradition in the early church.

So we hope it is beneficial to some who are seeking the Lord's will in these areas. And we do not put it as a yoke of bondage for the unwilling. I find it interesting that some vehemently oppose it.

At the least I find headcoverings a wonderful expression of inner modesty also and feel it is a good testimony in that way to the world.

2011/10/4 0:33Profile
amranger

Montana

Re:

Brother Greg,

I just wanted to say I really appreciate what you said in your last post, and the spirit in which you said it.

2011/10/4 1:14Profile
El-Bethel

Re: Greg

Bro. Greg, I appreciate your conviction and the allownace you give for those who disagree.
If we have seen the glory of God, we'll do anything the Word of God asks us to do, even the least of the commandemnts. I don't know if the Lord had given any commandment to the Seraphims to cover their face and feet when they would stand in His presence.
The awe and wonder the seraphims experienced on seeing the glory/holiness of God, made them to covere their face and feet. Like Leonard Ravenhill would say, five minutes into eternity, we will all say "Oh! I wish I obeyed more". I pray God would help me to obey every one of His commandment.

2011/10/4 3:26Profile
HisDelight

Re: HEADCOVERING FOR WOMEN by Zac Poonen

I know I am new here but I hope those who feel so zealous about this issue and desire to know the truth in this matter would take the time to read this link.

http://www.godswordtowomen.org/badge.htm

2011/10/4 11:38Profile

Re:

Welp, I wrote that "I 'think' I'm done here" but I've been uneasy since and feel to just ask one thing, just for better closure but first -

Ginnyrose, you wrote - ""I know there are many uncovered women who can challenge you with their Spiritual insights but I still do not know where they are in their walk with God.""
No question that there are Sisters here who I've gleaned some great things from here, but how do you judge where 'any' Sister is "in their walk with GOD" from a forum? How do we judge where you are in your walk with GOD?
Have been there with the emails and had to admit, they sure do explain/expose a lot more than just the forum has. On a number of posts this year I stated plainly that "I'm not a teacher". A person may know The Word well and the languages, etc and so forth but not feel called to "teach" per say.
You teach Sunday School at your meetings but I wouldn't because I'm not called to do so - most especially, not in a mixed gendered group. Of the five ministry gifts, that's not the one that He's called me to and appreciate those who are.
In our exchanges, I wondered if, as a Mennonite, if the foot-washing or anything else is also required, that we are not following as well, that would more qualify us for Heaven if you can't answer if someone like Corrie Ten Boom is in Heaven or not? I haven't any doubts that she is - but for some reason, if you can't feel sure that she is, I wondered if it is because of any of the practices of the Mennonites that she, or even us other ladies didn't perform that may cause that question in your mind.

I truly need my heart rested from this thread and that was my last query. I need to understand how specific Groups/denominations that do have the other practices that aren't carried out by others, would affect their view on who is Heaven bound and who is not. Living in the Bible Belt, I learned a lot about different Groups that aren't here up north and each have their own particular variety of beliefs or practices. Had to learn quite a bit down there. One group doesn't cover but keeps long hair, regardless of age, etc, but are the hardest-legalistic bunch with the hardest eyes I've ever seen - calling themselves a "Holiness" group and met other groups that I had never experienced before living down there. Thanks in advance for educating me on your particular views from your particular Group's stand-point. I am still learning!

Glory to GOD!

2011/10/4 12:08

Re: Appoloud

Frank raised some valid issues in his post a short ways back. You are arguing over whether it is appropiate for a woman to pray or prophesy with her head uncovered. Ok. How many of your churches have prayer meetings where women can actualy pray. And now for the trillion dollar question. How many of you actually believe in prophesy. I dare say the great majoririty of you are cessionist.

So hear is the question. You have a sister who has the appropiate head covering and she wants to prophesy. Are you men going to let her?

Blaine

2011/10/4 13:04
savedtoserve

Re:

Blaine,

I know of MANY churches that practice head-covering and at the same time don't deny or teach against REAL prophesy. And yes they allow it, always up to trial by the word of God.

Your reasoning is kinda like the reasoning one man that was arguing against home-schooling used--he would meet home-schoolers who were more excited to meet fellow home-schoolers than to meet fellow Christians. His point? "If you home-school, that's how you'll become!" And I object, "But what about all the ones who AREN'T LIKE THAT??"

It's called the "Amalakite syndrome" -- picking on the weakest, feeblest ones (who believe in whatever you're against), while ignoring or staying away from the ones who are ready to take you on.

If everyone said "yes" to your question, would you look into the matter more deeply? Or is this a loaded question from a mind already made up?

God bless you!
savedtoserve

2011/10/4 15:12Profile

©2002-2020 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Affiliate Disclosure | Privacy Policy