SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : General Topics : Rodney Howard-Brown movement early 1990s

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 Next Page )
PosterThread

Re:

Quote:
How tragic, DEADn. That breaks my heart.

The problem is your cousin was never regenerated by the hand of God. All of those "manifestations"... but missed the important part. That's the problem with these so-called "revivals".

The revivals of the past revolved sound Biblical teaching and SALVATION... actual regeneration! Conviction of SIN.

Today's revivals are all about "me"... gimme more more! I want more!

What many are getting are devils.

What got me out of that mess was reading the Word of God and studying and sound teaching and preaching.

Krispy

How did you get out of the mess if you never got into it? You didn't even go up and stand in line? A tought football guy like yourself?

2011/9/28 18:04

Re:

There sure are a lot of video clips on youtube. And if you read the comments, a lot of folks sure disagree with ya'll:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SnZ45w_9t5U

2011/9/28 18:20
dspks

Dakotas

Re: Biblical Discernment

endzone said:

"There sure are a lot of video clips on youtube. And if you read the comments, a lot of folks sure disagree with ya'll:"

I (dspks) watched the youtube clip...

dspks said:

"If you read the Bible, a lot of verses sure disagree with this nonsense."

1Pe 4:7 "But the end of all things is at hand: be ye therefore sober, and watch unto prayer."

1Pe 5:8 "Be sober, be vigilant; because your adversary the devil, as a roaring lion, walketh about, seeking whom he may devour:"

1Co 14:33 "For God is not the author of confusion, but of peace, as in all churches of the saints."

1Co 14:40 "Let all things be done decently and in order."

Just a simple word study of "sober" negates this youtube clip.

Definition of sober:

1) to be of sound mind
1a) to be in one's right mind
1b) to exercise self control
1b1) to put a moderate estimate upon one's self, think of one's self soberly
1b2) to curb one's passions

2011/9/28 18:51Profile

Re:

Quote:
I watched the youtube clip...

Someone has to say it:

And if you read the Bible, a lot of verses sure disagree with this nonsense. (just a couple below)

1Pe 4:7 "But the end of all things is at hand: be ye therefore sober, and watch unto prayer."

1Pe 5:8 "Be sober, be vigilant; because your adversary the devil, as a roaring lion, walketh about, seeking whom he may devour:"

1Co 14:33 "For God is not the author of confusion, but of peace, as in all churches of the saints."

1Co 14:40 "Let all things be done decently and in order."

Just a simple word study of "sober" negates this youtube clip.

Definition of sober:

1) to be of sound mind
1a) to be in one's right mind
1b) to exercise self control
1b1) to put a moderate estimate upon one's self, think of one's self soberly
1b2) to curb one's passions

Nah, you're just jealous that you didn't get this anointing. That's why you're so defensive about it

2011/9/28 19:12
dspks

Dakotas

Re: :)

No... I did have that anointing... I think it was when I was 12 yrs old. (Afterwards, my mom spanked me and told me to grow up) :)

2011/9/28 19:15Profile

Re:

So ole Endzone, as sinful as he was, is the only guy on Semon Index to have received the joy in the RHB meetings in the early 90s?

2011/9/28 19:19
dspks

Dakotas

Re: Congratulations

Something you can be proud of. :)

(An addition to your Sermon Index profile!)

2011/9/28 19:24Profile

Re:

Quote:
Something you can be proud of. :)

(An addition to your Sermon Index profile!)

Oh, I'm not proud of it. It was just a foretaste of what heaven is going to be like. I sure don't consider myself to be more spiritual than someone who didn't receive it.

2011/9/28 19:31
dspks

Dakotas

Re:

Just to gently exhort you... Pride would assume that you are THE ONLY ONE on Sermon Index to receive this "anointing".

2011/9/28 19:36Profile

Re:

Hi Endzone,

In answer to your question, I did not line up. The Holy Spirit would not let me brother. I am a tongue speaking believer in the gifts of the Holy Spirit. The Lord speaks to me through the word and into my heart. I follow His leading to the best of my ability. I have poured over Scripture and drank it in since the day that I was saved. I love the Word of God. I have seen God perform miracles, I have seen possesed people dispossesed. And so, there is an inner witness and there is the Word of God, both line up against me lining up to be " slain in the Spirit."

I have a good brother who is a missionary in Nepal, he is a pentecostal brother. He was preaching outdoors one day and suddenly two men fell down and began to shake and cry out in ecstasy. The crowd leaned forward, impressed by the " power of God." This brother ran down with a few others into the crowd and cried out to them " this is not of God." They stopped the men and had them removed. He began again to preach and suddenly the Holy Spirit fell upon the crowd, the Holy Spirit of conviciton, there was weeping and hands raised to heaven and men were saved and experienced great joy. Now endzone, the point is this, it was only a matter of this good brother exercising discernment, thats all it took. He could do that because he was genuinly baptized in the Holy Spirit and had that wisdom. He knew and had expereinced the power of God and he knew what he was witnessing was not the power of God, oh yes it was a power, but not THE power. .........brother Frank

2011/9/28 20:26

©2002-2020 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Affiliate Disclosure | Privacy Policy