SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Scriptures and Doctrine : New Living Translation

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 Next Page )
PosterThread
jimp

Re:

hi, no person in the bible had a bible and heard the voice of God which produced faith that did everything recorded therein. there is no change today.one must hear the voice of God and receive it and believe it and obey it and that is what faith is. without faith it is impossible to please God
all things in this arena start with God and He does not need the kjv.jimp...ihave used the kjv for 50 years now myself as a prefered bible.

2011/10/9 23:37Profile
Lysa

East TN for now!

Re: New Living Translation

Brother a-servant,

I applaud you and your discernment issues settled by the KJV; you have proven my point. If the KJV can settle those issues, then all men everywhere of every language should be made to read it. If it has that kind of power, how in the world has the Chinese church grown from 50,000 to over 5 million without it? Really, I’m amazed they’ve grown at all.

Quote:
a-servant wrote:
Would they indeed hear His voice there would not be such a confusion about it, and a wrong doctrine resulting from a wrong translation will indeed lead to potentially saying things like "this couldn't be possibly it, because my Bible says.....".

First, I believe this so-called issue of identifying the mark of the beast could be solved if Christians actually READ THEIR BIBLES instead of sitting in a pew listening to someone else spout what they SHOULD believe without checking it out for themselves. (Imagine if everyone who sat in a pew actually KNEW their Bible, how many preachers would have to preach differently!)

Secondly, are you honestly saying ONLY the KJV will and can uncover evidence about the mark of the beast? I guess you’re going to say you adhere to the pre-tribulation rapture of the church too?! ( :) Just aggravating you brother!!!)

I’m all for allowing people to learn to hear the voice of the Lord, yes we will make mistakes but we learn from them. (edit) Jesus said, "My sheep know My voice and none other will they follow." He didn't say they will follow a version, they will know His voice. /edit).

AND God’s people followed His voice for 5,400 years before the printing press arrived on the scene and birthed the KJ Bible; so are you now saying that the Holy Spirit just doesn’t get it anymore?

I will just continue to vote for God on this issue so I had best bow out!
God bless you brother in your studies,
Lisa

2011/10/9 23:52Profile
Creation7

Re:

So a-servant, are you basically saying yes, people do have to learn English to have God's perfect Word? (since English is a language that is used all over the world)

2011/10/10 8:16Profile
Jeff9

Re:

No Lisa but I trust that it is the best translation and that the tense would not have changed so 1500 years ago it meant if you add or take away from God's word you will be damned and that still means that today if you add or take away from God's word.

2011/10/10 10:47Profile
Jeff9

Re:

This is what TBS is doing today in many languages making translations in line with the peoples expectation. At the moment somewhere such as France does not have a reliable version of the bible or places such as Romainia China, even the Hebrew New Testament is being retranslated. My point was only about english versions for those who speak that language

2011/10/10 10:53Profile

Re: Lisa

Sister the answer to the growth of the Cbineese church lies in the power of the Holy Spirit. The same with the church in Iran. Check out the thread on.' What about the early church under' Revival history. This issue is discussed more thoroughly.

My apologies. Back to the KJV.

Blaine

2011/10/10 11:53
Lysa

East TN for now!

Re:

Quote:
by martyr
Sister the answer to the growth of the Cbineese church lies in the power of the Holy Spirit. The same with the church in Iran. Check out the thread on.' What about the early church under' Revival history. This issue is discussed more thoroughly.

Thank you brother martyr, your impromptu post came at the perfect time!

"The growth of (ANY) church lies in the power of the Holy Spirit." Amen and thank you for that brother!

Quote:
My apologies. Back to the KJV.

No apologies necessary! (The way you wrote this made me laugh but it also made me sad at the same time b/c that the powers that be have made you feel uneasy about posting your heart. I'm sorry brother.)

God bless you and you proved my point! Thank you!
lisa

2011/10/10 12:27Profile
Christinyou

Ca.

Re:

I won't put God in a box and pick only the KJV, but how many millions of people have been save through it? God can save anyone with any version of the Word of God, but to bring our minds to the mind of Christ we need as good a translation as we can find. I used the New American Standard version for 5 years until I could see small variations in the Diety of Christ and what God put His Son in me by the Faith of the Son of God for salvation and groth into the mind of Christ from the Father by the Holy Spirit. It is simple to see, when this changes what God intended for those that are born again of the Spirit of Christ in us, Rom 5,6 and Gal 2: 16-20. Just go to Gal 2:20 and see that they have changed the "faith of the Son" to "faith in the Son", one is all of Christ and the other is putting the responsibility of my salvation on me and my works. Suttle, but important, plus there are suttle changes to the Diety of Christ also.

In Christ: Phillip

2011/10/11 19:27Profile
a-servant

Re:

That's correct, and it's a very valid point, many of those changes that amount to much. I think some here want to understand the big picture but don't even look closely at the evidence as a good detetive would do before he has any opinion at all, and regard what people say about it as a possible alternative to study. That's very narrow minded to think you can find the answer in a few questions on a message board without doing some basic ground work yourselves. Hey, it's the Word of God we're talking about here, this is not campus where you absorb preselected humanistic opinions.

It's not personal preference that matters, but actual incoherences in some of the versions that shouldn't exist. Some are not harmless at all, but line up with new age literature speaking about 'the One' that is coming, just like these do. At the same time they all translate "to follow Christ" as "imitate Christ" - what is not even similar as imitation is an artificial likeness, yet KJV's to follow Him means the Cross in personal life. And that is just the beginning, for real serious demand what do most versions say when someone you meet has a real problem that 'won't come out' no matter what?

Will this person be delivered based on your version or stay oppressed? Here the KJV:

Matthew 17:18  And Jesus rebuked the devil; and he departed out of him: and the child was cured from that very hour. Then came the disciples to Jesus apart, and said, Why could not we cast him out?  And Jesus said unto them, Because of your unbelief: for verily I say unto you, If ye have faith as a grain of mustard seed, ye shall say unto this mountain, Remove hence to yonder place; and it shall remove; and nothing shall be impossible unto you. Howbeit this kind goeth not out but by prayer and fasting.

Mark 9:27  But Jesus took him by the hand, and lifted him up; and he arose. And when he was come into the house, his disciples asked him privately, Why could not we cast him out? And he said unto them, This kind can come forth by nothing, but by prayer and fasting.

2011/10/11 20:36Profile
Creation7

Re:

Quote:
That's correct,

Are you talking to Christinyou?

2011/10/11 20:43Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy