SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : News and Current Events : Pat Robertson says Alzheimer's makes divorce OK

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
PosterThread
mguldner

Kansas

Re:

More like, Honey your memory is starting to get shotty probably Alzheimer's, Oh and could you sign these papers.

I remember when my aunt had Muscular Dytrophy which is basically your bodies muscular system shut down and wastes away eventually moving into the organs and brain. I don't know what its like being married to someone impaired but my uncle abandoned my aunt when she started getting really bad and really hard to take care of. He started dating another girl and so was very selfish, She past away. But I feel if my wife was in the same state I wouldn't be able to simply bail on her, one I love her and two she would stay for me.

2011/9/16 8:44Profile
ginnyrose

Mississippi

Re:

"Just be glad you're not Pat's wife! What kind of message is that sending to her?"

Or, what if he were to get Alzheimer's? I suppose he would be delighted if she were to divorce him once he shows signs of it?

I do feel sorry for his wife - that she has such a spineless husband.

2011/9/16 9:17Profile
sarahsdream

Re:

These are the times in your marriage when you either shine the brightest or you give up. Yes, divorce is giving up because you don't want to suffer and die.

When your spouse is having serious troubles is exactly the time to dig in, embrace the cross and display the fruit you have always talked about.

And what is wrong with death Mr. Robertson? The death of self!!

Where is the willingness to lay down our lives?

In Christ,
Sarah

2011/9/16 9:28Profile

Re: Pat Robertson says Alzheimer's makes divorce OK

Bill, could you offer the link so we can view this? Thanks,

2011/9/17 21:06
ashleyB

Re:

Too bad for him but he's strong enough to face such situation as that.

In my own views, you should be with your significant other until the very end. I mean if you really cared for that person and married them it seems to be the right thing to do.

2011/9/20 0:06Profile
ashleyB

Re:

Alzheimer's patients need love during their last days. But according to Rev. Pat Robertson, chair of the Christian Broadcasting Network, it's completely fine to break up a spouse who has the illness. He went on to say he wouldn't “put a guilt trip” on the non-Alzheimer's partner, because the disease is “a kind of death”. [url=http://www.newsytype.com/11406-pat-robertson-alzheimers-divorce/]Pat Robertson says divorcing Alzheimer’s patient is OK[/url] but I disagree with him. You should be with your significant other until the very end. I mean if you really cared for that person and married them it seems to be the right thing to do.When being cared for by a spouse, the love of that spouse is often what enables a person with Alzheimer’s disease to continue on and not feel abandoned. Inevitably, relationships involving the Alzheimer’s patient will be strained, as the demands of care can tax the best caregivers. In the event that the caregiver is a spouse, the loss of intimacy and romance can be difficult to overcome. However, with new technologies for early diagnosis and treatment of Alzheimer’s disease in development, there is hope, however small. That alone may be enough to help sufferers and their caregivers hold on and block out the bleating, hypocritical televangelists.

2011/9/20 0:15Profile
ginnyrose

Mississippi

Re: Pat Robertson says Alzheimer's makes divorce OK

"Christianity Today" has a wonderful article detailing why Robertson's stance on divorcing an Alzheimers' afflicted spouse is so dreadfully wrong. Here is the link:

http://www.christianitytoday.com/ct/2011/septemberweb-only/robertson-alzheimers-divorce.html?start=1

2011/9/21 9:10Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy