SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Scriptures and Doctrine : jesus

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 Next Page )
PosterThread

Re:

Solomon101,

Thanks for that tidbit, it helps me to trust you more now. I see now that you know exactly what I'm going through.

"Yeah...I understand taking a risk, putting it on the line, and then feeling like God hung you out to dry. Like He set you up to take a fall...just because He could." EXACTLY.. Here I was thinking, no one understood me at all.

Please read the last post I made in the thread "It will cost you everything, EVERYTHING???", it's a Part 1 to a brief outline of the last two years of my life. I didn't write about when I really started losing faith in everything and when I became bitter, etc.

reasons I'm struggling

1.The lifestyle I see other people living that profess to be Christians does not match what I read the scripture saying it should be. (they don't have to be perfect but you gotta care)

2. I question the Character of God (I don't trust God. sometimes I think he wants to make me suffer then send me to hell)

a.I am unable to sense God speaking to me. Why does God have to make hearing God's voice so hard, the distractions, the complex bible. You can say I'm in this predicament because I took verses out of context. The many false teachers EVERWHERE. It doesn't seem like God wants you to be saved. It might be easier making it to the NBA.

b.God is suppose to be all powerful and all loving yet I don't see evidence of that in the world. He seems weak, apathetic, unreliable, tempermental, an egomaniac, a two faced liar, or non-existent
and not there, just like my earthly father

c.Most of the world lives in the most hardcore poverty. Babies dying everyday.
d.Prayers are mistaught, and prayers do not get responded to 99% of the time.
e. evidence of God only through suffering. I never saw God's blessing but yet I'm suppose to lie to myself saying God loves me.
f. you have to be perfect after regeneration, although salvation is a gift, if you read 1 John, the evidence of your salvation is you have to be perfect.
g. bible is vague, how many times do you have to "struggle with sin" for you to be unrepentant or when is it that you just fail but are still regenerated.

I also read this on ex-christian.net, a phrase that I could understand. It sounds like heresy but that's how people view God today. That's just the truth.

"The way I see it, Christians want you to believe that god loves you, but they also want you to be afraid of going to hell. Some even want to call it a "relationship."

Do you know what it's usually called when you're in a relationship with someone who wants you to love them, but you're constantly afraid of their punishment?

An abusive relationship.

Get out of it while you still can."

These thoughts are going through the minds of a lot of people today. I'm not saying this is the absolute truth, this is what is going through our human minds. If we want to really know Jesus, then we have to tackle these HARD ISSUES. I'm not going to lie to you and say life is peachy and Jesus loves me everyday and nothing ever goes wrong. When you try to seek Jesus, most likely, EVERYTHING WILL GO WRONG.

For the others people reading this post, please do not get offended, Christianity is messy, true love is often messy, Jesus's death was messy.

2011/9/16 20:27
Ruthiepoothie

Denton, Tx

Re: messy love

true and like that, Jeremiah, uh I mean codex. reminds me a lot of Lamentations.

2011/9/16 21:15Profile
Ruthiepoothie

Denton, Tx

thank you!

I just have to also say (write) that this honesty has done soooo much for me!!!
I have been soooooooooooooo super discouraged lately - same stuff but around different situations- the body blesses me because by codex being honest and real, I prayed and got answers. maybe it didn't help codex but it helped me so much!! Here's what i've been reminded of:

- noah only saw 8 people get on that boat
- many prophets just saw God's judgement and people walking away from the Lord - but they faithfully preached even though in their lifetime they didn't see much change at all
- i am so thankful for the people in the bible that had enough faith to belive God and write the stuff down anyway nomatter what it looked like in the current situation and even throughout their life. they didn't get to know if anything they ever said was of any effect until after they died !
- the thief who believed what Jesus said on the cross saw a pretty defeated looking bloodied and beat up person promising him that he would be in paradise - it sounds and probably looked rediculous! But he believed and that faith has encouraged me so much.

I am encouraged that things might not ever look good around me - but that my reward is not here but in heaven and that I might not see any answers here - (although in truth I HAVE seen God answer prayer dramatically) - or right now. But I remember that before Jesus I was suicidal, hateful, and suuuuuuuuuuuuchhhhhhhhh a mess in sooooo many ways. He has done so much for me and He promises that He will see His seed and He will prolong His days (Is. 53) He will complete the work in me, and perfect that which concerns me. All I can do is be real and honest (like codex) before him and have faith to believe that I really am right with God through Jesus. For me to be in the moment, where I am is where I am but with Him, sit at His feet and receive His love...

Thank you so much codex!!

2011/9/16 22:05Profile

Re: thank you!

Fruit takes time to develop and remember it's not our fruit, it's the fruit of the Spirit.

We are to allow the Spirit to work in us His good pleasure.

2011/9/16 22:47
Kono

Hungary, Europe

Re:

Jób 13:24 Wherefore hidest thou thy face, and holdest me for thine enemy?
Jób 13:25 Wilt thou break a leaf driven to and fro? and wilt thou pursue the dry stubble?

Dear Codek,

As well I have been in same situation as You, feeling all these, but I have understood some things, that helped me to get throught depression and bitterness:

1. God is Love. It is the truth. I had to understand, that I am ill-disposed and suspicious against God. When I saw the world around me, illness, violence, death, sin, immediately I accused God for it. But it is a lie that can truss us up.
God is never against us. He is never like men,- all of us had bad experienc with men- so there is no reason to be suspicious, and search for His faults.
Even Your father can be cruel and highly protectionist. Even sometimes for our own father, we try our best, but as a protectionist, nothing is good enough for him to love us! That is not God. That is man, brother!

The truth is that sin, death, illness was never His will. It is our will, and Satan's will. So the aim of Your anger should not bee God, but rather Satan, who makes this mess, and that accuses God for it.
If these things around You, hurt Your heart, be sure, that God's heart is much more hurted by them! God feels pain because of these, and angry. Not angry with us, but with sin, that kills us, and causes a lot of suffering!
Only do not be foolish to believe in lies!

2. If You may see christianity not to be like Christ, You are definitely right. But -according to my experiences- You do not have problem wiht christianity, but only with Yourself. If You could be able to follow Christ, You would not be so bitter.
But, my friend, there is a way, that will kill Your bitterness: Do not see the others. They may be lost, but be the man, who is worthy to God, and be the one, who will show, what is christianity. God does not need megachurches, but praying men, and there are so few of them, who are willing to take responsibility and fight for God's will to be done on earth.

Ézs 50:2 Wherefore, when I came, was there no man? when I called, was there none to answer? Is my hand shortened at all, that it cannot redeem? or have I no power to deliver?

Do not wait for the others, and be lost with them. Do not waist Your precious time, but start immediately to pray and help God to pour mercy on the wounded hearts.

3. God does not want You to be lost with the others. As in my first comment, I have told to You, that You are lucky. For the fog broke up, and You do not think that You go to heaven, while going to hell. Christianity today is under great delusion. Some of them has a feeling, that he is cheating himself, and starts to think, but afraid of these thoughts, for they are covard. Christianity is not a brain washing, but reality. I encourage You to think. With clear mind, surely find it real.
We must have solid basement, not feelings, and well-learned thoughts of other man! It is better to restart construction, than to lose the building at the day of the judgement!(Mat 7)

4. Prayer works. Only have You just once in Your lifetime prayed like what the Bible tells:

Lk 18:7 And shall not God avenge his own elect, which cry day and night unto him, though he bear long with them?
Lk 18:8 I tell you that he will avenge them speedily. Nevertheless when the Son of man cometh, shall he find faith on the earth?

I am sure, You have never heard of this. And never seen in the church around You. True christians, in other parts of the world, pray until they get, what they want! For they have faith, and trust in the Lord! It is not an option, that prayer will not reach the aim, (if it is God's will) only we are lazy to pray hours, days, until we reach the goal! They pray, because they trust God and not suspicious, that He will not work for us! They know, that He is perfect, loving father.

4. It is not true, that a new-born christian does not do any sin. It is written in Roma, that it is a fight between flesh and spirit. Before got saved, sin had never been a problem for us. We loved to do sin, only may have been sad because of its consequences. Now, as new-born, our spirit wants to do God's will, that is why we have this cruel fight in our heart. Learn about it.

2011/9/17 8:58Profile

Re:

Romans 8:15 should be your favorite verse Codek.

2011/9/17 16:43
lastdayswork

Response for Assurance of Salvation (dispair)

That was a great response Kono, thank you!

2011/9/17 22:19Profile

Re:

waiting on your response Solomon101, thanks!

2011/9/19 2:45
Lkid

Re:

Codek,

Just in case you are still checking this thread i just listened to a good sermon today that might help you. Its entitled What's Wrong With Jesus Anyway: He Offended Me. Check it out here: www.activeword.org/media.cfm

Lloyd

2011/9/20 1:35Profile

Re:

thanks Lloyd. will take a listen. any help is appreciated.

2011/9/20 1:57

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy