SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
See Opportunities to Serve with SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Scriptures and Doctrine : Inspiration from Isaiah.

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 Next Page )
PosterThread
mguldner

Kansas

Isaiah 8:12-22

I agree Kono it is a miracle God even keeps the "church" around BUT resting in Him I found He has a plan for it even though its a harlet and so unfaithful to Him. I too at times play the harlet and am so very unfaithful, that's what I enjoy about Chapter 7 though. God leaves the stump as a tell of restoration. God will raise up His church and we will have to decide if we wish to be Christians or not. Which brings me to my finds of Isaiah 8 :)

I began this with many things on my mind and here lately it seems God is placing before me two routes to take, one His way and the other is my way or the way of the world. As I sit down infront of Isaiah today what does the Lord utter to Isaiah? A warning not to follow the way of "this people" aka the world. What does the righteous have that the ungodly don't?

Verse 16 "Bind up the testimony and seal up the Law among my disciples."

The righteous and Ungodly both have the Words and Law of God but the Righteous in Christ heed the Words and keep them safe along with their testimony. We are reaching a climax of the ages and Christianity will be purged of its wickedness, we will come to a place of decision and that is either the Word of God is something we choose to live by and follow OR its just a book of "neat stories" that have a life lessons we don't necessarily have to follow or pay attention to. BUT we must always heed the warning of the outcome of those that didnt have the Word of God as their guide. Darkness. The Word of GOD MUST!!! BE!! OUR!!! STANDARD!!!! PERIOD!!! POINT!!! BLANK!!!! None of that mamby pamby half hearted "God is love so I can get away with whatever I want stuff" but the God of the bible is a Righteous and jealous God and HE is returning for His bride get ready.

People ask sill questions that are often loaded and sometimes those questions pop up on here at SI the best answer we can give is a clear and properly interpreted answer from the Word of God and in reality that should be the only answer they get. :)

PS: I am still moving and trying to get the world around me in a place of somewhat settling which is why I haven't been posting to much on this thread, my apologizes.

2011/10/11 5:55Profile
Kono

Hungary, Europe

Re: Isaiah 8:12-22

Ézs 8:10 Take counsel together, and it shall come to nought; speak the word, and it shall not stand: for God is with us.

In the previous chapter we could see the profecy of Immanuel, and now it says again: God is with us, Immanuel.
Much more we need God in the times of trouble, then in the sunny times. His promise is that He will be with His people much stronger when waves of troubles are all around.

13 Sanctify the LORD of hosts himself; and let him be your fear, and let him be your dread.
14 And he shall be for a sanctuary; but for a stone of stumbling and for a rock of offence to both the houses of Israel, for a gin and for a snare to the inhabitants of Jerusalem.

It is again a message, that we need the fear of God. If we do not sanctify Him, He can not sanctify us.

This stone is the light in the dark, the word of God, Jesus Christ.
Jn 1:5 And the light shineth in darkness; and the darkness comprehended it not.

As previously have been told, we have to preach the word of God such a way, that some hearts might break, others will be hardened. A good job is made, when You see both of these.

PS: Our move to heavenly houses will be easy, because it is ready, fully prepared for our arrival.

2011/10/14 16:53Profile
Christinyou

Ca.

Re:

Is this not backwards? """It is again a message, that we need the fear of God. If we do not sanctify Him, He can not sanctify us."""

Edit: It is really hard to mix Law and Grace. One always cancels out the other.

1 Cor 1:30

2011/10/14 18:14Profile
Kono

Hungary, Europe

Re:

I did not want to draw a theology on law and grace from this verse. Only it is written here. I mean, it is the translation of that verse into hungarian.
If we see God, as holy God, in the same moment we will see ourselves as sinful man, and that leads us to repentance, conversion, and holyness. Without this view, we would die in our sin.

I do not think that law and grace is opposite of each other. Let me tell You just shortly, how I understood:

- Law is rather a doctrine, in the original meaning. A doctrine about God and life. It does not prohibit things, but rather teaches us the way to life.
Jer 7:22-23 For I spake not unto your fathers, nor commanded them in the day that I brought them out of the land of Egypt, concerning burnt offerings or sacrifices:
But this thing commanded I them, saying, Obey my voice, and I will be your God, and ye shall be my people: and walk ye in all the ways that I have commanded you, that it may be well unto you.

- Grace filfills the law, and not destroys it. Or let's say, grace is the fulfilled law.
Mt 5:17 Think not that I am come to destroy the law, or the prophets: I am not come to destroy, but to fulfil.

- The grace itself is the law, the law of life:
Róm 8:2 For the law of the Spirit of life in Christ Jesus hath made me free from the law of sin and death.

- The grace is the form of law, that is able to form our hearts, so we will be able to walk in truth, and have life through it.
Heb 10:16 This is the covenant that I will make with them after those days, saith the Lord, I will put my laws into their hearts, and in their minds will I write them;
Rom 10:5 For Moses describeth the righteousness which is of the law, That the man which doeth those things shall live by them.

- And whoseever will obey to the law of life, the grace that teaches us to God's way, will live. It brings back us to the original purpose: to live through the doctrine of God.
Róm 6:17 But God be thanked, that ye were the servants of sin, but ye have obeyed from the heart that form of doctrine which was delivered you.

2011/10/15 12:44Profile

Re: Inspiration from Isaiah.

Have been on the News sites & forums most of today and things have been going wild-fire-wild in the Middle East.
I've lost count of who's ships are where, besides Russia's, Turkey's, our own, etc and elsewhere over there besides in the Med Sea.

Oct 15th
http://www.nowlebanon.com/NewsArticleDetails.aspx?ID=253828#ixzz1aqhmS1GA

Oct 14th
http://www.nowlebanon.com/NewsArticleDetails.aspx?ID=322120

"The U.N. rights commissioner called on the international community to “take protective action in a collective and decisive manner.” Later, her spokesman told journalists that the precise response was for individual nations and the U.N. Security Council to decide."

"Whether the Security Council will take any action on Syria remains a question mark. On Oct. 4, Russia and China, two allies of Damascus, vetoed a U.S.-backed resolution that would have condemned “grave and systematic human rights violations” in Syria. Officials of the two powers said later that they feared the U.N. action could be used to mount a Western-led, Libya-style campaign of foreign intervention and even bombing against Syria."

http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/world_now/2011/10/syria-un-rights-chief-civil-war.html

..with an opinion of dual fulfillments of prophecies -

"Isa 17-19" [17:1]- The burden of Damascus. Behold, Damascus is taken away from being a city, and it shall be a ruinous heap............... etc.

(?)

edit: added missed link in c&p

2nd edit: I'm Honestly not trying to be a fear-monger, but I got a recorded-message phone call from the Board of Health this week, saying that we should go to our Town's Fall festival and pick up the potassium iodide that they're providing.
I just got reminded of that and NO, I didn't go!

2011/10/15 15:46
Kono

Hungary, Europe

Re:

I am waiting for You coming back:)

2011/10/29 9:53Profile
mguldner

Kansas

Isaiah 9

Thank you for waiting sorry it took so long, I have been living in a house with no internet and so it kind of messes up posting in SI. Also my computer at work was down so that didn't help the situation anymore. I have missed posting and I am continued in Isaiah while I waited for the computers to come back at work. :)

Chapter 9 is a wonderful and glorious chapter predicting our Lord Jesus Christ coming a Saviour. In the mist of all the wonderful things in this chapter and prediction of judgment coming on Israel or to the very least the Proud inhabitant of Ephraim there is one verse that melts my heart in thought, one verse that brings warmth and peace and security as a child to a Father.

6"...The zeal of the Lord Almighty will accomplish this."

This verse tells me something about God that is so very vital in our walk, in our hope and faith, in our human emotions and mental thought process. God the creator of all things the Lord Almighty ruler of the universe is zealous for me. When Christ died on the cross He didn't do it with regret or halfheartedly BUT He did it with ZEAL!

When I ran from God growing up I saw more of this zeal has HE zealously chased me! As He pursued me and brought me back to Him in Love and Hope. HE zealously wanted to be MY Wonderful Councelor, MY Mighty God, MY Everlasting Father, MY Prince of Peace! God's zeal is unmatched by anything in this world, Satan is zealous to destroy me BUT GOD is even more Zealous to SAVE ME. Going through things in my life with my wife I learn of a Zeal I must have for her to remain in hot pursuit of her heart constantly wanting in and showing her I am can be trusted. Why? because husbands are called to love their wifes like Christ loved the church and Christ is wonderfully ZEALOUS for His Church. :)

2011/10/31 4:31Profile
ginnyrose

Mississippi

Re: Isaiah 9

QUOTE:
"When I ran from God growing up I saw more of this zeal has HE zealously chased me! As He pursued me and brought me back to Him in Love and Hope. HE zealously wanted to be MY Wonderful Councelor, MY Mighty God, MY Everlasting Father, MY Prince of Peace! God's zeal is unmatched by anything in this world, Satan is zealous to destroy me BUT GOD is even more Zealous to SAVE ME. Going through things in my life with my wife I learn of a Zeal I must have for her to remain in hot pursuit of her heart constantly wanting in and showing her I am can be trusted. Why? because husbands are called to love their wifes like Christ loved the church and Christ is wonderfully ZEALOUS for His Church. :)"

Looks like you are learning what it means when Scripture teaches that a man ought to love his wife as Christ loved the church and gave himself for her so that he can present to himself a bride without spot or wrinkle.Ephesians 5:22,27.

Yes, life is a series of lessons learned, some hard and difficult. The worst thing that can happen is when one fails to learn through the tests sent our way.

Jesus - zealous for his bride...so beautiful! I checked out Strong's on NT verses dealing with 'bride'. I get the sense he is so proud of her, he loves her so very much....ahhh...I think we so often fail to grasp the depth of His love. Now, "how do I respond to such love?" is the question we face every moment.

2011/11/1 3:05Profile
Kono

Hungary, Europe

Re:

In the chapter 9, we also can clearly see a border between the family of God and the sinners.
The zealous love of God is for His children, and the others, who do not want to repent, will get the wrath of God. What a huge difference!!! It looks to me like the opposite of the modern gospel (God loves You).

God only chastens His children, but punishes the sinners.

Heb 12:6 For whom the Lord loveth he chasteneth, and scourgeth every son whom he receiveth.
OR
Ézs 9:12 The Syrians before, and the Philistines behind; and they shall devour Israel with open mouth. For all this his anger is not turned away, but his hand is stretched out still.

And the reaction:
Ézs 26:16 LORD, in trouble have they visited thee, they poured out a prayer when thy chastening was upon them.
OR
Ézs 9:13 For the people turneth not unto him that smiteth them, neither do they seek the LORD of hosts.

2011/11/5 3:05Profile
mguldner

Kansas

Isaiah 10

Woe is a pretty strong word when used websters defined it

-grievous distress, affliction, or trouble.

And it is the start of this chapter 10 Woe, when reading that right off the bat, it tells you something woeful needs to be address. This is a very long chapter but I really want to focus on this first Woe and potentially look further at the other Woe, or someone can talk about the other Woe. :)

This first woe is really a distress for those oppressed by the governmental system, God deeply cares for the foreigner, widow, and orphan. We see this throughout all of the setting up of the Law God always seems to keep them in mind. But something happened to the Law that changed it, ie the ideas and laws of man, and when man is involved so is sin. So we have this man made system that has created its own laws and from these laws we have oppression. That is something to note, God's Law Frees, man's law oppresses and that is exactly what religion does, it oppresses those in bondage to it.

What I really enjoy about this first little section though is God's heart toward the poor, unlike man God's heart is warmed and comforting unlike man who views weakness as a sickness or disease or lesser of a person but not God, these are His, the Poor in Spirit and He will comfort each one. :)

Thank you Lord for Your comforting hand upon my heart as I feel broken and poor in Spirit. You are Worthy of ALL Praise!

2011/11/5 7:07Profile

©2002-2021 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Affiliate Disclosure | Privacy Policy