SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : Did Jesus Turn Water into Fermented or unfermented Wine?

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 Next Page )
PosterThread
whyme

Re:

Read duet. 14 verse 28It will end all debate.

2011/8/20 19:06Profile
White_Stone

North Central Florida

Re:

1 Cor 6:5 I speak to your shame. Is it so, that there is not a wise man among you?

Prov 31:4 It is not for kings, O Lemuel, it is not for kings to drink wine; nor for princes strong drink

Jesus Christ is 'KING OF KINGS' and 'Prince of Peace', yet you have him not only making alcohol but drinking it as well. In this you drag his royalty through the muck and the mire of something unfit for either Kings or Princes.

2011/8/20 20:50Profile
mikey2

Re:

Aussie,

You are right! This question has no relevance. The only question that is relevant is, "are we filled with the new wine of the Spirit".

Jesus was filled with the Spirit, are we?

2011/8/21 0:56Profile
sarahsdream

Re:

I was reminded by the Holy Spirit of Luke 1:15.

Luke 1:15 For he shall be great in the sight of the Lord, and shall drink neither wine nor strong drink; and he shall be filled with the Holy Ghost, even from his mother's womb.

This speaks of John the Baptist.

Then there is this.

Luk 7:33 For John the Baptist came neither eating bread nor drinking wine; and ye say, He hath a devil.

Luk 7:34 The Son of man is come eating and drinking; and ye say, Behold a gluttonous man, and a winebibber, a friend of publicans and sinners!

Here, the Holy Spirit is speaking of Jesus. And says that because Jesus is drinking wine, they are calling him a winebibber.

For religious people, this rankles them and they don't know what to do with this scripture. All in all, it is irrelevant, just like Mikey said.

I concur with Mike that we are to be filled with the Holy Spirit and not drunk with this world or the lusts of the flesh.

So Paul, knows very well that Believers in his day drank wine. Everyone did. The Holy Spirit would say this through Paul about excess.

Eph 5:18 And be not drunk with wine, wherein is excess; but be filled with the Spirit;

Sarah

2011/8/21 1:17Profile
Lysa

East TN for now!

Re:

Quote:
White_Stone wrote:
Jesus Christ is 'KING OF KINGS' and 'Prince of Peace', yet you have him not only making alcohol but drinking it as well. In this you drag his royalty through the muck and the mire of something unfit for either Kings or Princes.

Sister, I’m not trying to change your mind but I’d like to add to the conversation that this has nothing to do with His deity; when Jesus Christ walked on this earth 2000 years ago, He was half man and half God; the half man needed food and water to sustain his body.

I don’t know how much Jesus drank wine but I honestly believe that He did it WITHOUT getting drunk. To be fair to history, we cannot put our 21st century assumptions about alcohol onto 1st century Jewish people.

In conclusion, I’d like to point out that there are almost 69 references to water in the N.T., 28 references to wine, and only 1 reference to “spiced wine of the juice” in the book of Solomon, so it seems that the authors knew the difference between the meaning of “water,” “wine,” and even “juice” and therefore knew what they were talking about.

God bless you,
Lisa

2011/8/21 8:13Profile
mguldner

Kansas

Re:

Quote:
"He was half man and half God; the half man needed food and water to sustain his body."

This isn't right, He was fully Man and Fully God or Deity. Or at least that was what I concluded after reading scripture. :)

2011/8/21 8:17Profile
mikey2

Re:

Obviously, he drank something and enough of it to be called a "winebibber". In contrast to John.

And it is also obvious that he never got drunk.

2011/8/21 9:32Profile
MrBillPro

Texas

Re:

If he turned water into wine and the wine was not alcoholic, please show me "wines" that have no alcohol in them, wine to my knowledge is an alcoholic beverage, this is why it's called wine.

From Wikipedia,
An alcoholic beverage is a drink containing ethanol, commonly known as alcohol. Alcoholic beverages are divided into three general classes: beers, wines, and spirits.

2011/8/21 11:18Profile

Re:

"Wine has two meanings in Scripture, depending on the context. (Look it up!) There is new wine (grape juice) and then there is old wine (alcohol)"

If you put grape juice in a wine skin it won't ferment, you need either yeast or some of the skin of the grape as the skin of the grape has yeast properties.

Old wine is wine where some of the alcohol content has weakened and you'd have to drink quite a bit more to get to whatever state you want to be in.

New wine on the other hand is where your taste buds begin to dance with refreshing joy. It not only tastes great, but it packs a punch. This new wine is likened unto the Holy Ghost.

Just for the record, I don't drink wine. I used to but unable to for health reasons. However, I do enjoy the romance of the wine making processes and grape growing.

"Obviously, he drank something and enough of it to be called a "winebibber".

He was accused of being a winebibber, we don't know if He did. However, it was customary to have wine set before guests and it would be insulting if you didn't partake. So, it's only natural to assume that He partook, just as He partook in the last supper with His disciples.

2011/8/21 11:25
MrBillPro

Texas

Re:

The remarks of the master of the feast, "The good wine has been kept until now" are unfortunately not helpful. Either the first natural batch of unfermented grape juice was deteriorating in flavor, then replaced by the supernatural batch, or the first batch was fermented and so was the second but was of better quality. Bottom line in my opinion, We do not know.

2011/8/21 11:35Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy