SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : Don't critize me.

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 Next Page )
PosterThread
mguldner

Kansas

Don't critize me.

I say this with all humility and respect to this wonderful site and its members all of which I love dearly as brothers and sisters in Christ.

I know we all go through seasons and we all have stages of growth and change in our walk with Christ. But something that I have seen since day one of joining SI is the critics that at sometimes frequent the forums. I have been one of those critics at times and so again I say this to a call and response to what I believe God is calling me to.

We have all seen threads innocently and sometimes maliciously posted about a ministry or man or the times we live in, these threads quickly spin out of control and become a free for all of words that if the person or ministry it was about would be greatly wounded by such behavior, this has actually happened at least once to my knowledge.

Why are we so quick to critize? The answer is Pride. Pride elevates us just enough to take a potshot at one another or a ministry or even "the times" as we call them. But my question for the critics is What are you going to do about it? See a problem with a ministry? they don't preach the full gospel? Great now what are you going to do about it? Certainly that ministry has a telephone number or an email you could send.

Its much easier to Critize than to do something proaitive about the situation. Post something negative on a forum than to go do something constructive.

I am not saying all critics aren't involved in ministry, but from experience the ones that critized the harshes and most were those that were spectators.

So really What are you doing about it? I know of one thread that very well was innocently posted about the Holiness of the times decreasing, Awesome Are they doing something to counteract said corruption?

This applies to me as well, What am I going to do when I have a complaint or critism? I am going to number one pray about it and number two if it is in my ability to change then change it and number three if not in my ability to change the situation I am going to exhaust every avenue in which I have to see a change.

I don't want to come off as complaining because that's not my aim, my aim however is to see action where action can be taken.

2011/8/7 7:29Profile

Re: Don't critize me.

To some extent you are correct. To some extent you are incorrect.

In a day when false teaching is rampant, and is pretty much 90% of what is seen on TV or heard on the radio, it is fitting that people "set the trumpet" to the mouth.

The reason for so much falsehood seen today is because no one wants to stick their neck out and call a spade a spade.

We've been brainwashed by Hollywood that Jesus is a hippie from Woodstock who is all about love and non-judgementalism. Funny thing is this is not the Jesus of the Bible. He came for one reason and that was to die for the sins of His people. In the meantime He cleared out the temple twice with a whip and a smidgen of violence.

He spoke sharp words to those who took His law and twisted it. The Apostle Paul had NO gentle words for those who would do the same after Christ went to sit on the throne of Heaven.

Thru His Apostle He commanded us to contend earnestly for the faith...and like all the other commands given to us by Jesus Christ I will attempt to live that out.

The Word is a double edged sword, not a fluffy pillow.

There is an old saying: If you stand for nothing you will fall for anything.

Many Christians are living that out. In fact, many Christians will find out too late they are not Christians after all.

We need MEN who will take a stand against evil SNAKES like Joel Osteen, Copeland, The Emergent Church, etc. They are a poison and a cancer, and while we fold our hands and smile and say nothing... many are deceived straight into hell... and their blood will be on OUR hands.

Should we check our motives? Absolutely! But we need to get up off our pews and take a stand.

Krispy

2011/8/7 9:53
mguldner

Kansas

Re:

I understand completely what you are saying. My main point being is do half the people that critize on here ever send the Joel Oslteens letters or emails stating why they are wrong rather than simply bash them over an internet forum? That really and honestly is my real concern, other than sounding the trumpet what else can be done and if something can be done why is it or why isn't it? In some cases I feel people are just blowing their own horn to be heard.

2011/8/7 10:03Profile

Re: Don't critize me.

Mcguldner,

Brother I too repent if my sin of judgement. I started a thread questioning the motives of Gov. Rick Perry and the Response held in Reliant stadium yesterday. I have had to repent of speaking out against the event and throwing stones at Gov.Perry. While never knowing the motives of his heart, that only God knows, he did something about a problem he saw. The problem was the declining righteousness and increasing immorality in the country. He could have belly ached as we all tend to do or be part of a sulution. His solutio was to call a solem assembly. Would that solem assembly meet our idea of pure doctrine? Would it be what we on this forum think a solem assembly should be? Probobly not. But as I posted on another thread who among us are experts on revival or solem assemblies? I am not, personally.

Gov. Perry saw a problem and addressed it. I repent of judging the man. Preliminary reports suggest 45.000 or so people were at the event yesterday. The name of Jesus wasi lifted up. Only time will tell of the prayerful fruit borne from Reliant Stadium.

Brother I agree with your post. Lord willing I am going to be more prayerful and less critical. I believe Jonathan Edwards said we would be more effective if we prayed more and crticised less.

Posted by Blaine Scogin

2011/8/7 10:50

Re:

Thank you Krispy for those words of wisdom that can only come from maturity.

I thank any man who believes in protecting the Church, as the Apostles did. I thank GOD that some men are standing up, as you've said and warning, not whining or compromising.

The Joel O's of this world have been warned and critiqued by well respected ministries - yet they continue on stubbornly, playing the wolf in sheep clothing - waiting to devour any vulnerable or scripturally illiterate sheep or potential sheep and That indeed was the work of the Apostles and prophets, all through-out His Word and Church History. If it weren't for men like that, where would we all be right now? Tossed to and fro with every wind of doctrine and singing cumbiyah with the one world religion that's almost fully formed and ready to eat up those who don't see your point. Very depressing - but we're cheered now and then, by men who know that it's a man's job [since Adam] to protect His Bride from imposters and hirelings. Thank you.

2011/8/7 10:54
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 Re:

Quote:
Why are we so quick to critize? The answer is Pride. Pride elevates us just enough to take a potshot at one another or a ministry or even "the times" as we call them. But my question for the critics is What are you going to do about it? See a problem with a ministry? they don't preach the full gospel? Great now what are you going to do about it? Certainly that ministry has a telephone number or an email you could send.

Its much easier to Critize than to do something proaitive about the situation. Post something negative on a forum than to go do something constructive.

I am not saying all critics aren't involved in ministry, but from experience the ones that critized the harshes and most were those that were spectators.

Brother, I believe you are 100% correct. This is a very clear sin you are exposing in our hearts and it is worthy to spend time introspecting our hearts to see if the root of this pride is in us. I know I constantly have this problem and need to come to the Lord weekly to see if there is a critical spirit in me at all. To speak truly prophetically or to make a defence (apologia) for the Church is right and from the Lord. But to be in the flesh and doing the same is usually ending up in a critical and judging attitude that is doing the work of the devil. The devil is the accuser of the brethren.

May we be known by love which covers over a multitude of sins.

2011/8/7 11:07Profile

Re:

Joh 10:13 The hireling fleeth, because he is an hireling, and careth not for the sheep.

I just pray that we will have Divine Direction and Discernment to judge whether a man's words are birthed of "pride" or "protection" of His Sheep, in Jesus Name, I plead for us His Sheep, in these last days.

2 Timothy ~ written by Paul while waiting to be executed.

2011/8/7 11:28
mguldner

Kansas

Re:

Sis Jesus-is-God,

I too pray the same, and I am not against protecting the church what so ever but I believe there are some ministries that receive critism while never or hardly ever hearing about why or what the critics problem is. Again my concern is does the critic make an effort to change something or inform someone other than an internet forum?

Matthew 18 is pretty clear on what we need to do if we have an ought with our brother whether the person has been warned or not by respected ministries. If its something you have a problem with then its your responsibility to go to that man or woman and seek reconciliation.

2011/8/7 16:17Profile
MyVeryHeart

Paradise, California

Re:

Deu 9:13
Furthermore the LORD spake unto me, saying, I have seen this people, and, behold, it [is] a stiffnecked people:
Deu 9:14
Let me alone, that I may destroy them, and blot out their name from under heaven: and I will make of thee a nation mightier and greater than they.
Deu 9:15
So I turned and came down from the mount, and the mount burned with fire: and the two tables of the covenant [were] in my two hands.
Deu 9:16
And I looked, and, behold, ye had sinned against the LORD your God, [and] had made you a molten calf: ye had turned aside quickly out of the way which the LORD had commanded you.
Deu 9:17
And I took the two tables, and cast them out of my two hands, and brake them before your eyes.
Deu 9:18
And I fell down before the LORD, as at the first, forty days and forty nights: I did neither eat bread, nor drink water, because of all your sins which ye sinned, in doing wickedly in the sight of the LORD, to provoke him to anger.

I had come under conviction of the Holy Spirit.
I was an Adulterer.
I had played the harlot.
Then I saw the wickedness in me as was horrified.

I had treated God shamefully
I wanted health, prosperity, miracles,
from Him. I wanted
the world, not Him.
I praised Him with my lips,
but my heart was far from him.

I was sick to my stomach
and could not walk straight or stand upright.

I was to attend a popular conference
where healings, and signs and wonders, were expected.

I prayed to God if he wanted me to go to the conference to warn them about the dangers of the teaching,
I had already paid for the ticket.

He said do not go out there.
He said to pray for the people.
He also said that he was going to destroy the leaders
for leading others astray.

God's Wrath is about to be poured out upon the wicked.
It is time to mourn.
It is not the time for laughing.
Jesus Christ is coming back soon.
He is at the very gates.
Repent.

2011/8/7 16:50Profile
Veronica226

Montana

Re:

mguldner said:

Quote:
Matthew 18 is pretty clear on what we need to do if we have an ought with our brother whether the person has been warned or not by respected ministries. If its something you have a problem with then its your responsibility to go to that man or woman and seek reconciliation.

Wasn't Jesus talking about Christians in that passage? Seriously, does anyone think that people like Rob Bell and Joel Osteen are Christians? Also, wasn't this passage for people who've sinned against you? Joel Osteen hasn't sinned against anyone here that *I* know of. So this doesn't apply. I would say that 1 Corinthians 5 (specifically verses 11-13) is more applicable.
"But actually, I wrote to you not to associate with any so-called brother if he is an immoral person, or covetous, or an idolater, or a reviler, or a drunkard, or a swindler—not even to eat with such a one.
12 For what have I to do with judging outsiders? Do you not judge those who are within the church?
13 But those who are outside, God judges. REMOVE THE WICKED MAN FROM AMONG YOURSELVES."
Or how about 2 Timothy 3:2-9?
"For men will be lovers of self, lovers of money, boastful, arrogant, revilers, disobedient to parents, ungrateful, unholy, 3 unloving, irreconcilable, malicious gossips, without self-control, brutal, haters of good,4 treacherous, reckless, conceited, lovers of pleasure rather than lovers of God,5 holding to a form of godliness, although they have denied its power; AVOID such men as these.
6 For among them are those who enter into households and captivate weak women weighed down with sins, led on by various impulses,7 always learning and never able to come to the knowledge of the truth. 8 Just as Jannes and Jambres opposed Moses, so these men also oppose the truth, men of depraved mind, rejected in regard to the faith. 9 But they will not make further progress; for their folly will be obvious to all, just as Jannes’s and Jambres’s folly was also."
Or what about Romans 16:17-18?
"Now I beseech you, brethren, MARK them which cause divisions and offences contrary to the doctrine which ye have learned; and AVOID them. (we can't avoid them if we don't mark them.) 18 For they that are such serve not our Lord Jesus Christ, but their own belly; and by good words and fair speeches deceive the hearts of the simple."

Don't get me wrong, I agree that there has been a lot of criticizing. Instead of just marking and avoiding, we've gone on and on about them. We MUST know who the wolves are. But lets not continually dwell on it and bash them. There's a difference between showing in the Scripture why they are false teachers and then continuing on so it becomes, I don't know, hate mail or something.
I agree with Krispy that we ought to set the trumpet to our mouths. But lets make sure we're showing in Scripture why they are false teachers or false prophets and not just spouting our own opinions.
Perhaps we would think Mr. Washer is "critical" here???
http://youtu.be/iWMrKcFKqzk

2011/8/7 17:43Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy