SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : Christians and mental illness...

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 Next Page )
PosterThread
passerby

Re:

Rational prescription, R&D, full disclosure of drug benefits vs risks, continuing education of physicians, patients, and their care givers are needed to minimize the adverse effects and avoid drug dependency.

Let us realize that medical science is not perfect, their are risks as it is developed and applied in the real world but that is the nature of it. Untoward effects are not always foreseeable although the risks and benefits were weighed carefully beforehand.

How about us, what have we done, what do we have to offer?

2011/8/5 2:57Profile

Re:

The answer to this is found in The Word of GOD.

A Christian should be so filled with His Word and His Spirit that they'd be able to minister to anyone that truly wants His help.

2011/8/5 3:51
browny

Re:

"The answer to this is found in The Word of GOD."

"A Christian should be so filled with His Word and His Spirit that they'd be able to minister to anyone that truly wants His help."

AMEN TO THAT Jesus-is-GOD !!!
I believe your answers are inspired by the spirit of G'd.
as you always do is trying to show what the Word is teaching and by doing this you are building up (my) faith. Faith in the absolute authority of the Word.
And I can testify there is no greater power to set man free than the Word of God, spoken in authority by TRUE BELIEVERS, who are TRUE DICIPLES and living only for their Lord with a humble heart.
Bless you.
browny.

2011/8/5 6:37Profile

Re:

I wouldn't post on these things unless I had "tried Him" on these things for so many years and everytime, HE is Faithful to every Word that He has written. Praise our LORD! Our Creator and Great Physician is Real. He knows our hearts and how we are formed. He knows how to lead with and for, each individual by His Spirit.
We can experience a Book of Acts / N.T. Church with confidence.
His Word and His Spirit are True, Alive and Trustworthy.
It is all Very much amazing to me even still. We can walk in confidence that He whom the Son sets Free, is Free indeed. We all go through daily battles and will until we see Him Face to face - but He is Faithful and to His Word.

The Peace that passes All understanding is for all of His Sheep. ~ Isaiah 53 ~

2011/8/5 10:42
mikey2

Re:

Many times irrational thoughts are from lying and deceiving spirits and you have to do battle against them with the Word of God and prayer.

Mike

2011/8/5 11:00Profile
Renoncer

Re:

Jesus-is-GOD,
Thank you for posting all these things. I am learning so much!

Praise God!

2011/8/5 12:39Profile

Life is a test ! :)

His Blessings and revelation of His Glory to you dear Brother.

I once read that we should not go into a territory to minister "unless we have been through the situation or trial already ourselves".

I have zero confidence in the flesh - but have learned to only Trust in His Word and His Spirit alone through a life that has been tested to the extreme on this very issue, from birth until right up unto this day and have the medical records and more to prove this.

Rom 8:37-39 Nay, in all these things we are more than conquerors through Him that loved us.
For I am persuaded, that neither death, nor life, nor angels, nor principalities, nor powers, nor things present, nor things to come, nor height, nor depth, nor any other creature, shall be able to separate us from the Love of God, which is in Christ Jesus our Lord.

We all will be tested by the world, the flesh and the devil.
His Blessed Hope for us is that we will trust Him and His Word with all of our heart, soul, mind and strength because He Loves us.
HE is Trust-worthy and a Great Deliverer. O, Alleluia to The Lamb!

2011/8/5 13:29

Re: Life is a test ! :)

Sherid, I found a book I read when it came out and just found it now as an e-book.

It was endorsed by Leonard Ravenhill, plus - and helped a lot of folks get on track - with not a few other books that followed, of how to truly help folks as a ministry.

This was the first of a series.

http://www.pamweb.org/e-books/PH-ebkn.pdf

Bless you & yours!

2011/8/6 12:19
carters

Australia

Re:

Thank you Jesus-is-GOD,

I have downloaded and will read. It looks really good. This will be so helpful.

Bless you too!
Through Him,

2011/8/7 3:57Profile
Hopeful1

Re:

I'm a Christian who is going through a "mental illness". Irrational thoughts believed to be rational. Fear of not really being a Christian seems to be at the heart of it. I've been prescribed medicine because it's been so overwhelming and I had to take a leave from work. I took a few pills and decided my conscience could not bear it. I can't make the connection to where a pill could help take away spiritual thoughts. I'm not totally poo-pooing medication, I can tell that my brain has taken a huge beating during this time. I just don't feel meds may be the ultimate answer for me.I know one thing and that is that I need to be delivered. I can't live without the peace of God, I really need to sense his presence and love for me. And to expose where I need to make the efforts to take responsibility for what may have caused this. Your prayers are appreciated.

2011/8/7 19:57Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy