SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : The debt crisis-Judgement upon America?

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 Next Page )
PosterThread
rorichts

Central Iowa

Re: falling away/now headless

Amen

2011/7/30 14:38Profile

Re: 1 Peter 4:17

For it is time for judgment to begin with the family of God; and if it begins with us, what will be the outcome for those who do not obey the gospel of God.

Whether it be natural disasters or debt or Islam or oppressive governments we are the reason the nation is screwed up. The church has not obeyed the gospel of Jesus Christ. The church and consequently the nation are under judgment.

The solution is clear from the word of God. The key lies with the church. Repent and turn back to the gospel. The O. T. prpmise is if MY PEOPLE WHO ARE CALLED BY MY NAME and you know the rest. His people are found, under the new covenant economy, to be the church. Thus if the church repents and comes back to Christ God may spare judgment. I think this has always been the history of revival.

I keep sayong it must be the churcb that repents. Only she has the light to do so. A darkened unregenerate America cannot repent. It must be the bride of Christ who repens.

2011/7/30 14:40
roadsign

Re:

Quote:
Twin Towers did not produce it.
Tsunami's did not produce it.
Nuclear meltdown did not produce it.
No catastrophes are producing it.

Is it not the KINDNESS of God that turns sinners towards him? Then let us pray for a recognition of his kindness – even in our own lives.

Jeremiah 9:24 “… let the one who boasts boast about this: that they have the understanding to know me, that I am the LORD, who exercises KINDNESS…”

Acts 14:17 “He has shown KINDNESS by giving you rain from heaven and crops in their seasons…”

Romans 2:4 “… God’s KINDNESS is intended to lead you to repentance…”

Titus 3:4 But when the KINDNESS and love of God our Savior appeared, he saved us …”

Diane

2011/7/30 14:45Profile

Re: Hi Diane

My sister you are tight thr kindness of God must bring us to repent and turn to Jesus. That kindness needs to be applied to the church to lead the rest of the country to Christ. Blaine

2011/7/30 14:56
cryinthenite

Re:

The kindness of God is the cross of Christ.

God overcomes evil with good.....redemtion Jam 5:20

The first martyr of the church including Christ said forgive them .

When evil looks like it has the upper hand we are to look to Christ in trust and love and recieve every stone that is slung are way as if God has done it AND CRY FORGIVE THEM FOR THEY KNOW NOT WHAT THEY DO.

That cross we bear in Christ will be the whitness to the Sauls before they become Pauls.

2011/7/30 15:12Profile
SimpleLiving

Minnesota, USA

Re:

If by judgment you mean is America finally getting the fruits of its labors? Yes. America (and any other country) is not in this position because they made wise financial decisions and are suddenly in a bad position now due to God's judgment.

We're paying the price for the decisions we've made, just as a family or a single person would be paying the price for bad financial decisions they made.

This cannot be blamed on God.

2011/7/30 17:01Profile
Wordizlife

Re:

Do any of you have children and putting them through college? What are your opinions on school loans, yea or nay

2011/7/30 17:43Profile
cryinthenite

Re:

No way

2011/7/30 17:56Profile

Re:

"The kindness of God is the cross of Christ."

Amen to that, it must never be forgotton. God will deal with the idols of His people, He will not let it stand, He will create a situation where one has to choose. When the prophet stood on the hill he asked the people how much longer they would be in two minds, if the Lord is God then worship HIm, if Baal is God then worship Him. The people were silent when faced with the stark choice. When Baal and the prophets of Baal failed them, then God sent down fire from heaven. In the midst of judgement God is asking people a question, and the judgement is a merciful act of love to bring people to a certain place, if they will not come, if they reject the mercy and the goodness of God, then they have chosen. But God will never be to blame because all day long He reaches out to a stubborn and a stiff-necked people. He requires His children to do the same, and justice is His.........brother Frank

2011/7/30 18:35

Re:

The cross of Christ must be central in all things.

2011/7/30 20:18

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy