SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : Scriptures and Doctrine : Where do demons occupy?

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 Next Page )
PosterThread

Re:

I leave this discussion to the experts. For me the more inediate concern is what happens after Aug.2. Have fun folks. Hope you get it figured out.

2011/7/22 23:44
sarahsdream

Re:

Quote:
Each person must come to their own decisions on Biblical Doctrine. No one will change their minds if their minds are made up already.

Amen! Each person is bound to go with what the Spirit has shown them.

Quote:
Sarah, I do feel that we all come to our own understanding by reading His Word and with prayer and by living the Life.

Thank you. I am trying to come to an understanding of His Word coupled with real life events.

Quote:
as I've said so many times now. That's what "Living the Life" is. That's when it's just you and Him in that place where you would bank your life on what you believe is true.

I was hoping that you would share some of your experiences to back up what you say the Word says.

2011/7/23 13:07Profile

Re:

This is certainly a heart-breaking situation, Sarah.

Drug addiction doesn't need demons involved. And not all "hearing of voices" is demonic neither.
Between the drugs and his own conscience bothering him about being addicted can cause what they call "conflict" between what a person desires and is forced under - in this case - he's being forced to crave drugs because his body is demanding them and I'm sure that being saved and having an addiction can cause the conscience to go on over-drive or haywire.
Top that off with these Drs treating his drug addiction with more drugs, psychotropics, that play with the brain's chemistry and he's now got a cocktail of chemicals in his system and believe me, even without enemy attacks on his vulnerable state, the chemical addiction and affects alone would make someone act this way.

I don't know how you could ever get him off of these drugs. The normal course of action with a willing patient is to wean them off - but 'willing' is the key word there.

I've known people who being addicted to just nicotine to turn almost savage when they couldn't get any and prescription drugs as well. Physical addictions of chemicals are hell on earth for the person and if they're a Christian, their conscience is tormenting them alone, even without the accusations and taunting of our enemy.

Prayer and fasting is the way to go - aimed at him coming to the point of being willing to try a gradual withdrawl.
Guaranteed, if he can see that his behavior is because of the addiction to chemicals alone and that if he could wean off of them and get with other Christian men for support and fellowship, he would see relief and freedom and victory besides getting his walk and confidence back in The LORD.

I sure will be rooting for you all.

This dispensing of drugs is epidemic now and many are going that route in the Church, believing the lies that anti-depressants are needed because they have a "chemical imbalance". There's much data that contradicts this theory.
We all get depressed at one time or another or can't sleep for a period of time but Drs are giving these things out for hang-nails now, as we say.

There are some very good websites out there that expose the lies of how Drs are prescribing that which does more damage than one can imagine. antipsychiatry.org is just one of them. I don't have them all in this computer but there are others. You could do a search on 'anti-antidepressants'.
I believe you'd be amazed at what these psychotropics do to normal people that are labeled either as bi-polar or schizophrenic. Normal, as in someone who just initially became addicted to pain meds.

Very sad but a very hopeful case, if he ever becomes willing to wean off the drugs with Christian support.

Praying, Sis!

2011/7/23 13:56
sarahsdream

Re:

Hi Jesus-is-God,

Thank you for your reply and for "rooting" for us.

Sarah

2011/7/23 14:02Profile
staff

Re:

Hi Sarah,
Feeling your pain and desperation.Addiction in my opinion of any kind can be demonic.I will pray for you and yours.
When I got saved the meetings I went to for a few months were healing and deliverance.The gentleman who held the meetings sold everything he owned including a very successful business and gave it to the needy when he became saved aged 65 or 70 approx.He walked the walk and talked the talk and made no profit whatsoever.I can only give my personal testimony but every week people would give testimony about how they were healed or delivered including addictions.This man had a very powerful ministry and I dont feel my prayers would have the effect that his had but I will pray.The Lord can heal and deliver directly without ministries or churches as well.
I honestly didnt think much about that time til the last week or so but I felt like I wanted to revisit it and understand it better.
Lord Jesus we pray for Jack for healing and for Sarah we pray for your direction and insight in her prayers.Amen
regards staff

2011/7/23 19:32Profile
StarofG0D

United States

Re:

JiG Wrote...
"Sad but very true Sis Star. This fact has always amazed me, in a sad way. I wonder how many have been touched by GOD in our day and have rejected Him when the going got tough."

Ya, puts a fear of God in me for sure! :)

2011/7/23 20:44Profile
passerby

Re:

QUOTE:
"I don't know how you could ever get him off of these drugs. The normal course of action with a willing patient is to wean them off - but 'willing' is the key word there".

Psychiatric drugs should not be aimed in bringing cure to mental illnesses, but they facilitate in bringing a psychological state where the desired behaviors could be learned.

So in the interim psychotherapy is instituted by psychiatrist and other related related professionals. For a christian who fell in to certain form of mental illness for example OCD, we introduce or re-introduce the gospel with the help of prayer and other related endeavors.

It is only when the gospel is realized by an individual and the caring persons that the true healing will occur.

A very meaningful realization of some aspects of the gospel could take years so that in cases like OCD patience both by the sufferer and caring persons is needed.

During those moments where the disturbing behaviors is most florid a prayer could make a person calm but then again without a clear grasp of the gospel those disturbing thoughts tend to recur.

2011/7/24 3:40Profile
passerby

Re:

Psychiatric drugs also help in making the sad ordeal of a mental illness bearable not only by the patient but also by his family and community.

Are those drugs really indispensable?

Let me me answer this way, how much do we really realize or want to realize these verses:

Jam 5:13 Is any among you afflicted? let him pray. Is any merry? let him sing psalms.

Jam 5:14 Is any sick among you? let him call for the elders of the church; and let them pray over him, anointing him with oil in the name of the Lord:

Jam 5:15 And the prayer of faith shall save the sick, and the Lord shall raise him up; and if he have committed sins, they shall be forgiven him.

Jam 5:16 Confess your faults one to another, and pray one for another, that ye may be healed. The effectual fervent prayer of a righteous man availeth much.

Jam 5:17 Elias was a man subject to like passions as we are, and he prayed earnestly that it might not rain: and it rained not on the earth by the space of three years and six months.

Jam 5:18 And he prayed again, and the heaven gave rain, and the earth brought forth her fruit.

Jam 5:19 Brethren, if any of you do err from the truth, and one convert him;

Jam 5:20 Let him know, that he which converteth the sinner from the error of his way shall save a soul from death, and shall hide a multitude of sins.

2011/7/24 4:06Profile

Re:

I began my studies in conventional psychology/psychiatry but thankfully, under the teaching of one Psychiatrist, I was introduced to Dr. William Glasser.
Dr William Glasser is not a Christian, but proved that "mental illness" is a misnomer and the drugs that are being given now, do more harm than good.

There is plenty on the internet to be found about or by Dr William Glasser - besides the "antipsychiatry.org" website given earlier is also excellent, but here's just one quick article about OCD from someone who also follows Glasser's "choice theory and reality therapy" -

http://calldrmatt.com/AskDrMatt-1224.htm

2011/7/24 16:14

Re:

Posted on the run up there. Did a quick search for Glasser and others on OCD and read this link quickly. It goes along with the antipsychiatry.org site and Glasser but it's not to be taken as a born-again Christian site.

When we release the responsibility for our actions to anything - we're in a huge danger zone.

I remember a huge conference of psychiatrists that was televised many years ago. The one at the podium said, that if anything, their profession had done more harm than good.
Within 10 yrs of that conference, antidepressants came out.

Is it 'Biblical' to put the blame on anything other than ourselves for our behaviors?

The secular world has their 'disorders or mental illnesses' and some of the Church has the devil to blame ... but again - do we find it in the Bible - that anyone or anything else is to blame for our behaviors, once we've been born-again?

Look in any dictionary under "self" and all of the words with "self" as the prefix.
Self-gratification is just one of the very many. The list seems almost endless.
We don't want some or any "responsibility" - and that's the root of many, if not all of our problems. There's got to be somebody or something to 'blame' for our behaviors. There must be a way to escape this or that responsibility.
That blame or escape game started with Adam.

The Last Adam did it All for us, if we'd only take the responsibility and turn our focus onto Him and His Word alone for help, out of ourselves and to do what we must, responsibility wise, according to His Word.

The sad part is, we've forgotten the Power of His Word as well and have only focused on His Spirit or using His Name, without realizing what His Name was and still is, from eternity past. He was and always will be, The Word of GOD.

Bless GOD!

2011/7/24 23:57

©2002-2020 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Affiliate Disclosure | Privacy Policy