SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : Scriptures and Doctrine : Where do demons occupy?

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 Next Page )
PosterThread

Re:

I stopped being impressed a long time ago by people who make up doctrine without the proper Scriptural backing, Sarah, and that's why I'm still looking for some on this thread.

Satan can only do what GOD allows.

If, as Paul did, a person's body is turned over to Satan that their spirit may be 'saved', all they need to do is repent - as the man who slept with his step-mother did. There's no record of demons being expelled from him, he only repented and was forgiven.

We cannot make up doctrines of demons without depending solely on what is written.

Going beyond what is written is a sin. That sin leads to deception and deception or lying against what is written can lead to being given over to believe a lie in the last days.

We need desperately to know where we Stand In Christ in these perilous times and the much worse days to come.

If we are sinning - we are told to confess our sins and go and sin no more - that's it!

When it comes to temptations - we're told to resist the devil and he'll flee.

We are shown that Jesus only used The Word of GOD against Satan's temptations.

If the "stronghold" theory was true - there would be Scripture to back it up and there isn't.

The unsaved are held captive by and are slaves to Satan, but not true Believers. True believers may stumble but they need only to "confess their sins" and He is faithful and just to forgive and cleanse them.

If a backslidden person dies without repenting, they won't be saved.

Are these verses talking about a person who will go to Heaven if they died at this point they're at? ...

2Ti 2:25,26 In meekness instructing those that oppose themselves; if God peradventure will give them repentance to the acknowledging of the truth; and that they may recover themselves out of the snare of the devil, who are taken captive by him at his will.

2011/8/8 0:40
bowmyknees

Re:

Where do demons occupy?

In unbelievers.

Be careful what you believe

2011/8/8 7:43Profile
mikey2

Re:

Staff,

I am currently reading Arthur Zepp's E-book on Demon Activity In The Last Times.

It is one of the best books I have read on the subject.

Written in 1921. Many case histories in it.

http://www.swartzentrover.com/cotor/e-books/holiness/Zepp/Demon/DALindex.htm

And some of his other books.
http://www.swartzentrover.com/cotor/e-books/holiness/Authors/Arthur%20Zepp.htm

From Chapter 6

"Again for demons to gain possession, they must have ground, a point of entrance. Paul terms it giving place to the devil. "Neither give place to the devils." Disobedience is the great source of demons gaining entrance. "The God of this world has blinded the minds of them that obey not."

Much of the so-called backsliding is by the entering in again of the former evil spirit, accompanied by reinforcements of seven other evil spirits worse than himself, so that the last state is worse than the first. Yet the faithful Christ will rescue His own."

From Chapter 8

"But why should demons obsess, possess, and rule the personality of man? Is there any advantage to the demon? Evidently there is.

Possession by demons of the body, mind, or soul of man (for we conceive .they possess either separately or dominate all) relieves or rests the demon. Some unaccountable demon instinct is gratified thereby. Jesus' contact with the poor Gadarene demoniac shows the advantage to the demons of possessing or indwelling the human body.

Hear the demon's language: "I adjure thee by God, that thou torment est not." For Jesus said unto him, "Come out of the man, thou unclean spirit." See here double or dual personality, the second personality, the demon's usurping the man's normal personality, and dominating it, and speaking through his organs of articulation. See also the confession of the demon indirectly that he was resting from torment temporarily while he possessed the man and was undiscovered and that his discovery by Jesus and calling oat, or exorcising, was torment to him and the end of his rest! "I adjure thee by God, that thou torment me not." How? By casting out.

That demons find rest by dwelling in men is shown by Jesus' account of the unclean spirit being cast out of a man. He, the unclean spirit, goeth about in dry places. What does the demon go about for? Jesus says, seeking rest. How? In the disembodied state? Nay! In the dry places? Nay! But by seeking some human being whom he can obsess or attack and deceive into giving him entrance, or possession.

Then he finds the coveted rest. And so insistent is the demon on finding the rest that he gets reinforcements from seven other spirits worse than himself, and beats down or overpowers the man's defenses, the man's unrest beginning at the same time with the demon's rest. Disembodiment, or casting out the demon from the man, reverses this state-it torments the demon, ends his rest, and rests his victim (e. g., the man who, after he was delivered, was found clothed, in his right mind, at rest at the feet of Jesus). By indwelling men demons gain temporary rest from torment before their time."

These are short and concise chapters.

Mike

2011/8/8 10:39Profile

Re:

"Case histories" are not what we base our doctrines on. Todd Bentley and others like him are a prime example of this.

What does His Word say about backsliders?

Where in the Word do you find a "Christian" having demons cast out of them?

Where in the Bible is one instructed to address a demon in a backslider or anyone who makes a lifestyle of sin, that professed to be a Christian?

Simple enough questions.

Why is it that we cannot accept 'experiences' as doctrine - except for this one theory and possibly some of the other nonsense that goes on in some of these "healing services"?

Sensationalism that goes beyond what is written is what will take down "most" in the last days and not just iniquity.

2011/8/8 11:53
Christinyou

Ca.

Re:

Quote:

""If a backslidden person dies without repenting, they won't be saved.""

""If, as Paul did, a person's body is turned over to Satan that their spirit may be 'saved', all they need to do is repent - as the man who slept with his step-mother did. There's no record of demons being expelled from him, he only repented and was forgiven.""

Isn't this a contridiction? If the spirit is saved and the body is turned over to satan, and God to save the spirit, how can they not be saved.

If they are saved, they are saved. If sin is to much in a saved persons life, I believe God will take His child home.

In Christ: Phillip

2011/8/8 15:27Profile
staff

Re:

Hi all,just had a really tiring day and want to catch up at the posts.
I was thinking about it on and off today and I cant get away from why at the likes of Billy Graham crusades that we see no demon manifestation which we should do according to scripture if a christian cannot have a demon.
I think but correct me if I am wrong but I think both sides of our discussion agree that their should be demon manifestation in some cases not all when a person becomes indwelt by the Holy Spirit if a christian cannot have a demon,
I will take a further look at what has been said,
Thanks Staff

2011/8/8 17:30Profile
Christinyou

Ca.

Re:

No where in scripture, after Antioch where Saved Persons were first called Christians is there one instance of a Christian being Demon Possessed, maybe that is why there is no manifestations. Even if there were, the demon would have to confront the Spirit of Christ, no fanfare, "Go" the demon must leave. Now we are possessed with the Spirit of Christ, the Holy Spirit and even God the Father with Christ makes their abode with us. Pretty good protection from the enemy.

In Christ: Phillip

2011/8/8 18:18Profile

Re:

Hi Brother Philip. No, I don't see the two quotes you posted of mine as a contradiction. I don't believe in Unconditional eternal security.
I do believe a person can turn away from the LORD completely and HE won't force them into Heaven.

The man in the church at Corinth repented and he was saved because he did. Some don't.

I won't debate that though. Too many of my dearest Brothers and Sisters believe in OSAS but not in Unconditional eternal security - which are sometimes, two different beliefs.

Thanks for your posts. The Resurrection power of GOD is what makes a difference when folks get saved. That book that was recommended today said that every unbeliever is "possessed". Wrong! Misapplication of the term.
The book has errors in it, that aren't in The WORD.

Peace!!

2011/8/8 18:53
Christinyou

Ca.

Re:

Philippians 1:6 Being confident of this very thing, that he which hath begun a good work in you will perform it until the day of Jesus Christ:

Isaiah 55:11 So shall my word be that goeth forth out of my mouth: it shall not return unto me void, but it shall accomplish that which I please, and it shall prosper in the thing whereto I sent it.

2011/8/8 21:19Profile
staff

Re:

Hi Philip,
In fairness the subject is not covered in depth after Antioch full stop either non christian or christian.
I am not talking about manifestations in Christians but in People who are just at the moment of indwelling.Their is no scripture to say that demons stopped behaving differently(manifesting in some cases) than previously when confronted by Christ,unless you are saying Christ didnt have enough power and authority.
Also why at the likes of Billy Graham meetings do we not alone see no manifestations but we dont see blind seeing and deaf hearing and the mute talking as people are just coming to Christ and being indwelt?
Quote:No where in scripture, after Antioch where Saved Persons were first called Christians is there one instance of a Christian being Demon Possessed, maybe that is why there is no manifestations. Even if there were, the demon would have to confront the Spirit of Christ, no fanfare, "Go" the demon must leave. Now we are possessed with the Spirit of Christ, the Holy Spirit and even God the Father with Christ makes their abode with us. Pretty good protection from the enemy.

Yours Staff

2011/8/9 19:07Profile

©2002-2020 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Affiliate Disclosure | Privacy Policy