SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : Scriptures and Doctrine : Where do demons occupy?

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 Next Page )
PosterThread
passerby

Re:

Quote: Will anyone answer my earlier question?

When the very presence of God (the ark of the covenant) was in Israel, why did God let Israel's enemies inside their borders to attack and ravage them? Why didn't He keep them out because His own presence was within Israel?

I think one answer lies in the Book of Judges:

Jdg 2:1 And an angel of the LORD came up from Gilgal to Bochim, and said, I made you to go up out of Egypt, and have brought you unto the land which I sware unto your fathers; and I said, I will never break my covenant with you.

Jdg 2:2 And ye shall make no league with the inhabitants of this land; ye shall throw down their altars: but ye have not obeyed my voice: why have ye done this?

Jdg 2:3 Wherefore I also said, I will not drive them out from before you; but they shall be as thorns in your sides, and their gods shall be a snare unto you.

King Saul also did that:

1Sa 15:9 But Saul and the people spared Agag, and the best of the sheep, and of the oxen, and of the fatlings, and the lambs, and all that was good, and would not utterly destroy them: but every thing that was vile and refuse, that they destroyed utterly.

1Sa 15:10 Then came the word of the LORD unto Samuel, saying,

1Sa 15:11 It repenteth me that I have set up Saul to be king: for he is turned back from following me, and hath not performed my commandments. And it grieved Samuel; and he cried unto the LORD all night.

When we came to Christ we may need to forsake a lot of things; music, movies, friends, jobs, ideas, relationships, etc which can be be a big snare for us, they keep the door open for enemy attacks.

But like Saul we can make alibi or alibis and make them for example a sacrifice or instruments for the Lord.

2011/8/5 19:53Profile
sarahsdream

Re:

Quote:
You are right, I fear we are giving Satan what he loves, recognition.

We have nothing to fear. And one reason the Church has so many problems with seemingly no answers, is that they choose to remain ignorant about their adversary.

They have been falsely taught that if you study your adversary and how he works you are giving him glory.

That is complete... well, I won't say.

The problem with the church is that she has ignored the Enemy to her detriment.

Paul was not ignorant about the Adversary and counseled us not to be ignorant.

In Christ,
Sarah

2011/8/5 19:58Profile
sarahsdream

Re:

Hi passerby,

I did not see your post. Thank you for answering it. I think you are touching upon something that opens doors to the enemy. We are not to make any league or covenant with them and we are to throw down their altars in our heart and destroy all idols.

Nothing has changed in that respect. Only the place of the temple and the presence of God.

2011/8/5 20:23Profile
Christinyou

Ca.

Re:

Revelation 2:24 But unto you I say, and unto the rest in Thyatira, as many as have not this doctrine, and which have not known the depths of Satan, as they speak; I will put upon you none other burden.

Giving Satan recognition is like looking through a hole in the fence that says don't look.

In Christ: Phillip

2011/8/6 2:42Profile
sarahsdream

Re:

Philip, does that mean I should cut out all the scriptures in the Bible that teach about Satan, now?

That would be a big part of the Bible. When you ignore Scripture, you have basically cut it out and that is what the Church has done. When you study and learn about the Adversary from the Bible you are not giving him recognition. That information was given to us by the Holy Spirit for a reason. You give him recognition when you receive a spirit of fear regarding him and are afraid of him. When you are paralyzed by fear and doubt is when you have given him recognition.

It is important that you understand the distinction.

In Christ,
Sarah

2011/8/6 8:29Profile

Re:

sarahsdream, here's a verse I would like to add:

1 John 5:18
King James Version (KJV)

We know that whosoever is born of God sinneth not; but he that is begotten of God keepeth himself, and that wicked one toucheth him not.

He that is begotten of God keepeth himself (FROM SIN) and then the evil one can't touch him. But if you don't keep yourself from sin (especially habitual sin), guess what?

And some folks will interpret this verse to mean that if you sin after you became a Christian that you weren't really ever a Christian--you weren't ever born again. Well if that's true, I guess we are all going to hell because who among us hasn't sinned AFTER we became a Christian?

2011/8/6 10:08
sarahsdream

Re:

Hi Endzone,

That is a great companion verse to:

Joh 14:30 Hereafter I will not talk much with you: for the prince of this world cometh, and hath nothing IN me.

Jesus was begotten of God and He kept Himself (From Sin).

That is why He was able to say, "The prince of this world hath nothing IN me". Not with me or for me, but IN me.

And what happens if we don't keep ourselves from sin?

The Holy Spirit is trying to show us the LINK between keeping ourselves from sin and the enemy having nothing IN me, and vice-versa, if we don't keep ourselves from sin.

Let's find some more verses. :-)

In Christ,
Sarah

2011/8/6 10:18Profile
Christinyou

Ca.

Re:

Quote:

Sarah wrote: ""Philip, does that mean I should cut out all the scriptures in the Bible that teach about Satan, now?""

We don't study satan to know satan, we put on the whole armour of God to keep him out.

We don't study the counterfit to know what is a lie that deceives, we study the real that is truth, Christ; to know the counterfit and lies and scheems of the devil.

"He whose mind is kept on me, I will keep him in perfect peace".

We don't study the thief when he come in to steal and destroy, we call on our protection and apply it however we are instructed.

Do we blame what we do wrong on satan. That is the deception.

In Christ: Phillip

2011/8/6 18:43Profile
staff

Re:

Hi Christ In You,
Look at this Scripture
22 Then they brought him a demon-possessed man who was blind and mute, and Jesus healed him, so that he could both talk and see. 23 All the people were astonished and said, "Could this be the Son of David?" 24 But when the Pharisees heard this, they said, "It is only by Beelzebub, the prince of demons, that this fellow drives out demons." 25 Jesus knew their thoughts and said to them, "Every kingdom divided against itself will be ruined, and every city or household divided against itself will not stand. 26 If Satan drives out Satan, he is divided against himself. How then can his kingdom stand? 27 And if I drive out demons by Beelzebub, by whom do your people drive them out? So then, they will be your judges. 28 But if I drive out demons by the Spirit of God, then the kingdom of God has come upon you. 29 "Or again, how can anyone enter a strong man's house and carry off his possessions unless he first ties up the strong man? Then he can rob his house.
It is clear that Jesus learned/studyied from the scripture about Satan and demons.He also taught others about Satan and demons.So to say that we are not to study the whole bible every jot and tittle is not scriptural.If it is in it we can study,learn and teach about it as the Spirit leads.If he hadnt studied about the subject he wouldnt have been able to refute the lies that were thrown at him.

If as you say christians cant have demons may I ask again if this blind and mute man became indwelt at a Billy Graham meeting would he be able to talk and see, straight away?yes or no

Yours Staff

2011/8/7 5:45Profile
sarahsdream

Re:

Christinyou,

I see no where in Scripture that says, "I cannot study anything but Christ". That would contradict the Scripture because it teaches us about many things in addition to Christ.

If you don't have any answers, that is ok. No big deal. But, don't revert to telling people what they can or cannot study just because you don't have any adequate answers.

Why was Paul "not ignorant of the Devil's devices"?

In Christ,
Sarah

2011/8/7 9:11Profile

©2002-2020 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Affiliate Disclosure | Privacy Policy