SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : Scriptures and Doctrine : Where do demons occupy?

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 Next Page )
PosterThread

Re:

I just got a heaping helping full of the references that this man uses for this book.

Cindy Jacobs, C. Peter Wagner, John Wimber mixed in with Calvin, Wuest and any other reputatable men that can be thrown in to give this trash credence.

Pg 586 gives "mental illnesses" the same "chemical imbalance" theory as the secularists do - just for one thing that would "bury" a person.

And one thing that you see repeated often is that this type teaching hasn't been in the Church, in the past. I wonder why.

1Ti 4:1 Now the Spirit speaketh expressly, that in the latter times some shall depart from the faith, giving heed to seducing spirits, and doctrines of devils

Albert Barnes Notes on "Doctrines of devils" -

""Greek, “Teachings of demons - διδασκαλίαις δαιμωνίων didaskaliais daimōniōn. This may either mean teachings “respecting” demons, or teachings “by” demons. The particular sense must be determined by the connection. Ambiguity of this kind in the construction of words, where one is in the genitive case, is not uncommon; compare Joh_15:9-10; Joh_21:15. Instances of the construction where the genitive denotes the “object,” and should be translated “concerning,” occur in Mat_9:25; “The gospel of the kingdom,” i. e., concerning the kingdom; Mat_10:1; “Power of unclean spirits,” i. e., over or concerning unclean spirits; so, also, Act_4:9; Rom_16:15; 2Co_1:5; Eph_3:1; Rev_2:13. Instances of construction where the genitive denotes the “agent,” occur in the following places: Luk_1:69, “A horn of salvation,” i. e., a horn which produces or causes salvation; Joh_6:28; Rom_3:22; 2Co_4:10; Eph_4:18; Col_2:11. Whether the phrase here means that, in the apostasy, they would give heed to doctrines “respecting” demons, or to doctrines which demons “taught,” cannot, it seems to me, be determined with certainty. If the previous phrase, however, means that they would embrace doctrines taught by evil spirits, it can hardly be supposed that the apostle would immediately repeat the same idea in another form; and then the sense would be, that one characteristic of the time referred to would be the prevalent teaching “respecting” demons. They would “give heed to,” or embrace, some special views respecting demons.""

Seeing that this teaching of demons being "in" Christians and need "casting out" has not been a part of The Church's teaching until just this last generation - I'd say Albert Barnes nailed it on this translation.

1Ti 4:1 Now the Spirit speaketh expressly,
that in the latter times
some shall depart from the faith,
giving heed to seducing spirits,
and doctrines 'regarding' devils

Since one of the first books I read as a baby Christian was the Original "Pigs in The Parlor" and others like it and have a feel for When this teaching began - I do believe it applies here, that this is one of the teachings that Paul actually "prophesied" would come into our midst in "the latter times."

That book and the others like it have and will definitely bury people.
The reason their percentage of full freedom is so low is because those who receive this teaching remain ever Anti-Scripture about what Christ did on the Cross.

Anyone coming against what Christ has done on that Cross will have a very difficult time getting through the remainder of the "latter times" and will see judgment and great fear in those days, according to The Word of GOD.

Only "Truth" will set anyone Free.
This teaching is not His Truth - therefore it is sinking sand and most especially in the days that are ahead of us.

Christ's work has been mocked by these authors and Satan has been elevated to a position that Jesus would never permit.

If sin and heresy are both "choices" and we see people that we truly care about excusing both by enlisting Satan - what do we do? Can we just walk away from those we care about and leave them to destructive beliefs? Do we stop caring?

2011/7/27 0:19

Re:

Quote:
What I am trying to express is that if you cast a demon out of a person who has not repented, you will be casting the same demon out again and again - plus more - Matthew 12:43-45.
FIRST repentance, then effective deliverance. Repentance is what makes the deliverance remain in effect. Deliverance is certainly a ministry of those who believe - but the Lord is not limited to that.

Thanks for the clairification. There is so much bashing of the deliverance ministry, that I am skeptical of what people say.

Julius21, you're right, we need someone to walk with us in deliverance. At lot of deliverance ministries have the idea that deliverance is only the casting out of the spirits, but deliverance must also be walked out. That is why Ed Murhpy (The Handbook for Spiritual Warfare) says he has like a 45/10/45 rule or something close to that. There must be preparation for deliverance, then deliveance, and then walking it out and staying free. That is an excellent book if you have any more interest. It has great reviews on Amazon. Thanks.

2011/7/27 11:10
EverestoSama

Re:

"The reason their percentage of full freedom is so low is because those who receive this teaching remain ever Anti-Scripture about what Christ did on the Cross.

Anyone coming against what Christ has done on that Cross will have a very difficult time getting through the remainder of the "latter times" and will see judgment and great fear in those days, according to The Word of GOD.

Only "Truth" will set anyone Free.
This teaching is not His Truth - therefore it is sinking sand and most especially in the days that are ahead of us.

Christ's work has been mocked by these authors and Satan has been elevated to a position that Jesus would never permit.

If sin and heresy are both "choices" and we see people that we truly care about excusing both by enlisting Satan - what do we do? Can we just walk away from those we care about and leave them to destructive beliefs? Do we stop caring?" -JIG

This here ^ is good stuff.

2011/7/27 12:34Profile
staff

Re:

Hi All,In fairness to Jesus is God you did make an effort to answer my question earlier but their must be more out there with a view that Christians cannot have demons.
So I will repeat the question for them.
If Christians cant have demons then at the moment of indwelling by the Holy Spirit the demons have to go immediately.
Shouldnt their be demonic manifestations in some cases as the demon leaves(not all cases some!)?
Yours Staff

2011/7/27 18:32Profile
sarahsdream

Re:

I would think so. That would also agree with the NT (manifestations). Demons don't seem to go quietly. They are whiners and manipulators.

Also, I don't think the enemy respects a Christian that opens a door to him through habitual sin. Why should he?

Sarah

2011/7/28 18:35Profile

Re:

If the door is "opened" long enough and wide enough for demons to 'enter' a person, are they "Saved" if they die in that state?

2011/7/29 14:39
Christinyou

Ca.

Re:

I have a simple question; How can a demon spirit and the Spirit of Christ and the Holy Spirit live in the same temple?

It seems like mixing oil and water, it may seem the two mix, but wait 5 min and manifested, we see the two won't mix.

In Christ: Phillip

2011/7/29 15:19Profile
sarahsdream

Re:

I have a few questions, too.

In the Bible, how could Israel's enemies invade their borders when their God was the Living God. Why would God let that happen?

Why did Jesus need to clean out the Temple and what were the different things He was He trying to tell us.

And, if a born-again Christian dies with unconfessed sin, will he be saved?

Sarah

2011/7/29 17:28Profile
staff

Re:

Hi ,I think this was answered earlier when a poster described the temple with holy of holies as the spirit and the outer court a persons body.The demon cannot reside in the holy of holies or the spirit.
Yours Staff

2011/7/29 18:05Profile
staff

Re:

Hi I want to put my question another way.
Jesus said that a certain kind of demons would leave only by prayer and fasting.If all demons have to leave when a person becomes indwelt with the Holy Spirit why didnt Jesus teach along these lines- that when a man becomes born again these demons leave.?
Also if you keep strictly to the text prayer and fasting should be nessacary for this kind of demon to leave before a person could become indwelt by the Holy Spirit or born again,that is if you believe that a christian cannot have a demon.

Matt 17.21 Howbeit this kind goeth not out but by prayer and fasting.

Yours Staff

2011/7/29 18:37Profile

©2002-2020 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Affiliate Disclosure | Privacy Policy