SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : enough debate its about souls

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
PosterThread

Re: TICK TOCK TICK TOCK TICK TOCK .... soon they are all gone

Not sure what you mean by your header, but I suppose we're to guess on that one.

We are in the days of the apostasy.

If you've ever truly read about Paul, he was forced to spend Most of his time on earth contending against heresies coming into every Church he was overseer of and spent most of his time in jail and being flogged and persecuted for that very reason. Even John had to contend in his epistles with those who were denying the Deity of Christ and were teaching easy-believism.

Paul warned us of 'these' days - when men shall depart from the faith, giving heed to seducing spirits and doctrines of devils.

What do we do with those, if Paul is our example?

Any man that stands for the truth against heresies has my admiration because I know the sweat, misunderstanding, and rejection that they receive for standing for the truth - as Paul received because he cared for the souls of his Master's sheep and was no coward. Not by a long shot. If he was kicked out of one place, The LORD was with him nonetheless.

2011/7/11 11:29

Re: enough debate its about souls

When I think of winning souls, I must think about the end of the matter..and that is "receiving the Promise" of eternal Life. The apostle Paul makes it abundantly clear that there IS a falling away possible, AND a "drawing back into Perdition..[ Hell ] for the once saved.

Hebrews 10:
35. "Cast not away therefore your confidence, which hath great recompence of reward.

36. For ye have need of patience, that, after ye have done the will of God, ye might receive the promise.

37. For yet a little while, and he that shall come will come, and will not tarry.

38. Now the just shall live by faith: but if any man draw back, my soul shall have no pleasure in him.

39. But we are not of them who draw back unto perdition; but of them that believe to the saving of the soul.".........................................

Salvation is being accepted into Heavens gate, and our calling is to be conformed into the image of Christ, as we mature in Love. One Plants, One waters, another must tend the garden, rooting up weeds etc. This is what Godly teaching and Preaching is about; FEEDING AND PROTECTING the Beloved.

Debate in itself may or may not edify, but often it may challenge us to consider another's light, and provoke us to more Godly faith. Another thing that debate may do is to increase our Understanding, and we may even be able to be taught by God in another's insight.

Proverbs 4:6-8

...[WISDOM AND UNDERSTANDING]
6. Forsake her not, and she shall preserve thee: love her, and she shall keep thee.

7. Wisdom is the principal thing; therefore get wisdom: and with all thy getting get understanding.

8. Exalt her, and she shall promote thee: she shall bring thee to honour, when thou dost embrace her.............................

I have led souls to Christ, and have seen them baptised with the Holy Spirit, and baptised in water, and freed from oppression...but...is that the end? No it is not. the end is their establishment in Christ that they may endure; IE.."Go! and make disciples of ALL NATIONS!"

[ I am an unprofitable servant, for I know my flesh and failure...]

I guess in all debate, there comes a "spinning of the wheels" where enough has been said, and we go on anyway...but that is but human. Everyone reading this knows what I mean.

When we begin to attack another that offends our righteous pride..let us be careful that we don't just destroy others, or reject others to be right. Then, debate becomes destructive...[ I have sinned in this too much to remember].

But, if we look at SI as a giant Bible School with lots of Teachers, and more opinions...then we can glean in Peace and still be free....without having to slay those who disagree.

Saying that, there still must be a place to compare the scripture, and understand that there are enemies of God who love to twist the truth..DIVIDERS. It is right to compare all things to the Word of God in our debates. It is the only true sail we have. Some must be exposed as such, for they may kill the sheep.....................................
ACTS 20
27. "For I have not shunned to declare unto you all the counsel of God.

28. Take heed therefore unto yourselves, and to all the flock, over the which the Holy Ghost hath made you overseers, to feed the church of God, which he hath purchased with his own blood.

29. For I know this, that after my departing shall grievous wolves enter in among you, not sparing the flock.

30. Also of your own selves shall men arise, speaking perverse things, to draw away disciples after them.

31. Therefore watch, and remember, that by the space of three years I ceased not to warn every one night and day with tears."

Lots of young ones come here, and they have insights and revelation and faith also, and many have unanswered questions about faith...and the debate can be helpful for all to see Jesus's words with more clarity.

2011/7/11 11:57
Lordoitagain

Monroe, LA - USA

Re:

The tick tocking is referring to the seconds passing by. I am from a generation when clocks made a tick tock sound with each second passing by. We all have a limited number of seconds left for which we will give account as to how we spent them.

If there are 3 billion souls on the planet who have NEVER heard ANYTHING about Jesus, and 2.5 billion more who have heard VERY LITTLE about Jesus, and about 500,000 who have heard what we consider a perverted version of the gospel, yet we spend 95% of our time trying to correct the 500,000 that we consider incorrect … we might not be acting wisely with the few seconds of life that we have left on earth.

If we spend the majority of our time working with the vast majority who know little or nothing about Jesus, we can win them and disciple them in what we consider “correct theology” and there will be more Christians on the planet who believe what we consider correct theology.

If we are truly being led by the Holy Ghost to spend the majority of our time trying to correct the mis-informed and much less of our time informing the un-informed, then we will hear Him say “well done thou good and faithful servant …” because we were obedient ... if in reality God is leading us to do that.

Stewardship is an individual matter, but it is good to be admonished to be sure taht we are spending our time more wisely.

Often, deceivers gain much more territory because they spend more time with the totally uninformed ... and end up producing disciples of their deception. We who walk in the light could reach the same uninformed souls before they do ... and disciple them correctly.

2011/7/11 12:21Profile

Re:

We are to be willing to give our lives for the salvation of souls and once they are won to Christ - they need to be discipled. Part of that is protecting them from heresies that would hinder them in any way.
Paul did both. Time 'is' of the essence - now more than ever before in human history. I agree with that.
As Paul told Timothy, to contend for the faith and in Eph 4:11-16 And he gave some, apostles; and some, prophets; and some, evangelists; and some, pastors and teachers; for the perfecting of the saints, for the work of the ministry, for the edifying of the body of Christ: till we all come in the unity of the faith, and of the knowledge of the Son of God, unto a perfect man, unto the measure of the stature of the fulness of Christ: that we henceforth be no more children, tossed to and fro, and carried about with every wind of doctrine, by the sleight of men, and cunning craftiness, whereby they lie in wait to deceive; but speaking the truth in love, may grow up into him in all things, which is the head, even Christ: from whom the whole body fitly joined together and compacted by that which every joint supplieth, according to the effectual working in the measure of every part, maketh increase of the body unto the edifying of itself in love.

Sometimes Paul had to use strong language as well, 'because' he Loved people.

Amen to any man that "disciples them correctly", Brother.

2011/7/11 12:30

Re:

Quote:
We are to be willing to give our lives for the salvation of souls and once they are won to Christ - they need to be discipled. Part of that is protecting them from heresies that would hinder them in any way. Paul did both. Time 'is' of the essence - now more than ever before in human history. I agree with that.

Excellent. I think that BrotherTom, JIG, and Savannah all had great and Biblical input into this thread, and I commend you for your stand.

2011/7/11 12:47
savannah

Re: ""receiving the Promise" of eternal Life".

Quote: "The apostle Paul makes it abundantly clear that there IS a falling away possible, AND a "drawing back into Perdition..[ Hell ] for the once saved."

Not so. The apostle Paul knew the Truth as it is in Jesus. As he wrote he meant no such thing as the conclusion in the above post.

Christ died and purchased His own and keeps them. They shall never perish. He gives them eternal life. They are those "receiving the Promise" of eternal Life", to quote the same poster.

He purchased a people,"...feed the church of God, which he hath purchased with his own blood." He has saved them as He promised,"And she shall bring forth a son, and thou shalt call his name JESUS: for he shall save his people from their sins." Matthew 1:21

The apostle is in agreement with His LORD and ours and makes it abundantly clear when he says, " But we are not of them who draw back unto perdition; but of them that believe to the saving of the soul.

Concerning us His people He says,

Psalm 121:7,8 The LORD will preserve thee from all evil: he will preserve thy soul.The LORD will preserve thy going out and thy coming in from this time forth, and even for ever.

Psa_121:7

“The Lord shall preserve thee from all evil,” or keep thee from all evil. It is a great pity that our admirable translation did not keep to the word keep all through the Psalm, for all along it is one. God not only keeps his own in all evil times but from all evil influences and operations, yea, from evils themselves. This is a far-reaching word of covering: it includes everything and excludes nothing: the wings of Jehovah amply guard his own from evils great and small, temporary and eternal. There is a most delightful double personality in this verse, Jehovah keeps the believer, not by agent, but by himself; and the person protected is definitely pointed out by the word thee, - it is not our estate or name which is shielded, but the proper personal man. To make this even more intensely real and personal another sentence is added, “The Lord shall preserve thee from all evil: he shall preserve thy soul,” - or Jehovah will keep thy soul. Soul-keeping is the soul of keeping. If the soul be kept all is kept. The preservation of the greater includes that of the less so far as it is essential to the main design: the kernel shall be preserved, and in order thereto the shell shall be preserved also. God is the sole keeper of the soul. Our soul is kept from the dominion of sin, the infection of error, the crush of despondency, the puffing up of pride; kept from the world, the flesh and the devil; kept for holier and greater things; kept in the love of God; kept unto the eternal kingdom and glory. What can harm a soul that is kept of the Lord?

Psa_121:8

“The Lord shall preserve thy going out and thy coming in from this time forth, and even for evermore.” When we go out in the morning to labour, and come home at eventide to rest, Jehovah shall keep us. When we go out in youth to begin life, and come in at the end to die, we shall experience the same keeping. Our exits and our entrances are under one protection. Three times have we the phrase, “Jehovah shall keep,” as if the sacred Trinity thus sealed the word to make it sure: ought not all our fears to be slain by such a threefold flight of arrows? What anxiety can survive this triple promise? This keeping is eternal; continuing from this time forth, even for evermore. The whole church is thus assured of everlasting security: the final perseverance of the saints is thus ensured, and the glorious immortality of believers is guaranteed. Under the aegis of such a promise we may go on pilgrimage without trembling, and venture into battle without dread. None are so safe as those whom God keeps; none so much in danger as the self-secure. To goings out and comings in belong peculiar dangers, since every change of position turns a fresh quarter to the foe, and it is for these Weak points that an especial security is provided: Jehovah will keep the door when it opens and closes, and this he will perseveringly continue to do so long as there is left a single man that trusteth in him, as long as a danger survives, and, in fact, as long as time endures. Glory be unto the Keeper of Israel, who is endeared to us under that title, since our growing sense of weakness makes us feel more deeply than ever our need of being kept. Over the reader we would breathe a benediction, couched in the verse of Keble.

“God keep thee safe from harm and sin,
Thy spirit keep; the Lord watch o'er
thy going out, thy coming in,
From this time, evermore.” C.H.S.

2011/7/11 13:00Profile
Enochh

Indianapolis

Re:

Jesus-is-God...WOW

quote 'you mention the belief that "christians can be demon possessed". I felt just the opposite of what you are expressing.'

I expressed no such belief...cut and pastes a quote where I said this. This is what I'm talking about. Brothers get so bent on expressing their point that ...enough said. "We're not here to get to know the Word of God but to (get to) know the God of the Word." Leonard Ravenhill "If Bible knowledge could change the world, we would've changed it long ago" Leonard Ravenhill...

2011/7/11 13:12Profile

Quote:
by Enochh on 2011/7/11 3:59:16

I get so sad when I come on here....a place where I can find some real believers and I see what goes on. Example the "War on the saints" post. Back and forth bickering. Some one started a post asking a question and so many have to prove their much understanding of the scriptures and their intimate knowledge of the Lord and his ways to "prove" another brother/sister wrong and correct them. "Why not rather be wronged"..."knowledge puffs up ...love edifies" I mean who really cares. Billions of people are going to hell and we are arguing about whether a christian can be demon possessed. Well done thou good and faithful servant you won so many debates on SI. I doubt we will hear that. And the man going to hell could care less. Brothers and sisters we show our immaturity , pride , selfcenteredness when this is our focus.
lets join together stop the debating and get the job done the Master has called us to do. Oh Lord for one more soul I plead. Time is short .....Please Please focus on the task at hand lest when the Master comes He find You sleeping or in idle debate.

The "War on the Saints" discussion/dispute was regarding "Christians being demon possessed".

2011/7/11 13:36
Enochh

Indianapolis

Re:

thank you JIG for illustrating for all what I meant by my initial post

2011/7/11 13:43Profile
Oracio

Whittier CA USA

While I do believe there can be healthy debates that can profit both the ones debating and the ones looking from the sidelines, I also agree with Enochh that we can get caught up in too much debate and neglect reaching out to lost souls, one of the most important things we are still left on this planet for. So I thought it would be fitting here to share this link to a thread on the need for evangelism(and please understand, I am not pointing any fingers at any particular believers here, for I know I would have three pointing right back at me if I did so):
https://www.sermonindex.net/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?topic_id=38128&forum=35&10

2011/7/11 13:59Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy