SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : News and Current Events : CORRIE TEN BOOM AND THE RAPTURE

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 )
PosterThread
White_Stone

North Central Florida

Re:

Lisa said

Quote:
Brothers and sisters in the Lord, I beseech you that we need to get lined up with the Word of God instead of buttressing our OWN opinions to give our flesh confidence over confidence in the Word of the living God.

Well said, Sister. I feel you did nothing worth correction.

I agree with your statements and feel as you do.

white stone

2011/7/12 20:08Profile

Re:

Hi Alreadymind,

Great post brother, and its not a tangent. As I read your post, I thought about saints such as brother David Wilkerson who had many trials and tribulations all of his life through the suffering of his family. May the peace of God and His genuine love shine in the hearts of His saints...........brother Frank

2011/7/12 21:14

Re: Areadymind

Good post brother. Very wise insights.

2011/7/12 23:56

Re Lysa

My sister you have a beautiful spirit.

2011/7/12 23:58
ginnyrose

Mississippi

Re:

Quote:
Believers who have suffered physical persecution in the name of Christ have displayed the luminance of Christ in a unique way. The truth has often been verified in them in a way that many of us may never experience. However, this does not make the truth more true than it already objectively is, it does however tend to verify it in a radical way. I also would say though that there are many other ways beside the physical persecution in which taking up our cross manifests itself.

There is one verse that speaks to this principle, one that, if taken at face value, is astounding. Here it is:

1Peter 4:1,2 NASB:
1 Therefore, since Christ has suffered in the flesh, arm yourselves also with the same purpose, because he who has suffered in the flesh has ceased from sin,
2 so as to live the rest of the time in the flesh no longer for the lusts of men, but for the will of God.

Challenging, is it not?

2011/7/13 21:23Profile

Re:

HI Ginnyrose,

I was standing with a woman one time who had suffered years of persecution, she had been beaten countless times, even had her jaw broken one time for the cause of Christ. Another lady came up to me and said " I would like the annointing that woman has." Now, the annointing that she was talking about was the " glow,' that this woman had. She had a peculiar peace about her that was born in the fires of persecution. The Holy Spirit just seem to rest upon her and without even speaking, you could see the Lord Jesus in her.

That small still voice spoke to me and simply said this " no she does not," meaning that this woman did not really want the annointing that the persecuted woman had. And what that meant was that she was not willing to walk through the fires that this other woman had. Its not that you would have to walk through such fires, but the Lord knows the heart. What is sure is that if our Lord suffered, then so will we. What is rare are those who desire to suffer for the sake of Christ knowing that ....

" if we are children, then we are heirs; heirs of God and joint-heirs with Christ; so that if we suffer with Him, we may also be glorified together." (Rom 8 17)

Brothers and sisters, if you are fortunate enough to come across saints like the woman that I am talking about or sisters like Corrie Ten Boom, sit awhile and just listen and learn.......... brother Frank

2011/7/13 22:12

Re:

I have leaned towards post trib since i read David PAwson's books.

it is very said to see what is happening to England,...

dead church, muslim rise up,gay marriage legalized......

it might happen to us too, American church, repent and pray

2011/7/16 11:29

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy