SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : News and Current Events : Women Pastor

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
PosterThread
rbanks

Re:

I apologize to Vinny82 for my post. I didn’t feel right about using the words the way I did. I most of the time try to refrain from using sarcasm but failed in this area. I realize more than ever that people have hang ups about certain issues. I have gone and edited my post to remove the sarcasm.

2011/6/29 7:10Profile
WoeLoGo

Re: Women Pastor

2011/7/8 9:43Profile

God's order for Jesus' sake.

"Let us consider the opposite side of the issue: is it proper for males to minister to females dealing with female issues? No. Most would agree with this. Since this is the case why do females insist on doing what is naturally and Biblicaly a man's job?"....ginnyrose

Very wise GinnyRose! Let's consider the Bible...Titus 2.

3... "The aged women likewise, that they be in behaviour as becometh holiness, not false accusers, not given to much wine, TEACHERS OF GOOD THINGS!!"

4..."That they may [The more mature Godly women..] TEACH THE YOUNGER WOMEN.. to be sober, to love their husbands, to love their children,

5...To be discreet, chaste, keepers at home, good, obedient to their own husbands,..... that the word of God be not blasphemed."

Obviously Paul the Apostle had the exact sentiments as proven in his letter to Titus above, and implied that THIS was the order and even the WORD of God.

In some issues, it would be impossible for a man to teach a women I suppose...and it scares me to ever have to do it....lol. We are a bit different, but yet with the EXACT SAME Holy Spirit CONFORMING us to become as Christ. We need to understand this order more fully to fulfill the command of a "PURE AND SPOTLESS BRIDE" [ male and female ] that must surely be coming.[ Jesus prophesied it]...and the Bride has made herself ready.

I don't think this will be an issue in new
Jerusalem, do you? We will be before him, male and female with perfect order and submission....and our justice will be upon how much we have learned to love and show mercy,...not create our Earthly order.

2011/7/8 11:15
carters

Australia

Re:

I have read all the comments with interest.

I read Tertullian's view on women's apparel once, it was very interesting and I wondered if it gave us an insight into what the early church thought of women and their role in the church.

Has anyone else read it?

It gave me food for thought in wondering if this was the view of women in the early church Christians in general.

If it was and we can trust Terullian's writing at that time...it is eye opening.

As a women I felt put into my place and alot of it made sense to me & made me understand a little background to where the Biblical verses are coming from - in how they actually viewed women.

In Him only
Sherid

2011/7/11 21:52Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy