SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Scriptures and Doctrine : For this purpose the Son of God was manifested, that He might destroy the works of the devil.

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42 | 43 | 44 | 45 | 46 | 47 | 48 | 49 | 50 | 51 | 52 | 53 | 54 | 55 | 56 | 57 | 58 | 59 Next Page )
PosterThread
rookie

Savannah TN

Re:

Approved wrote:

"If Abel and Abraham are prophets and said nothing, than everyone who has faith must be a prophet."

I believe according to Scriptures that both Abel and Abraham sowed and watered the word of God to those who would listen. The stewardship of the prophet is explained in this verse...

Neh 9:26 "Nevertheless they were disobedient And rebelled against You, Cast Your law behind their backs And killed Your prophets, who testified against them To turn them to Yourself; And they worked great provocations.

Thus a prophet's work is to "turn them to Yourself."

So if Abel and Abraham are God's prophets, then they would have spoke what God said to them, to those around them, so that they might turn to Him.

2012/5/15 7:11Profile
rookie

Savannah TN

Re:

KingJimmy wrote:

" And it was enough to anger his brother to murder him. And though dead, he still spoke."

The outcome was a product of this spiritual precept...

Gen 3:15 And I will put enmity Between you and the woman, And between your seed and her Seed;

2012/5/15 7:15Profile

Re:

Exodus 7:1 And the LORD said unto Moses, See, I have made thee a god to Pharaoh: and Aaron thy brother shall be thy prophet.

A prophet is a spokesperson. They speak for someone else, whether it's prophetic or not.

Even saying that, God called Moses a prophet as well saying, Deuteronomy 18:15 The LORD thy God will raise up unto thee a Prophet from the midst of thee, of thy brethren, like unto me; unto him ye shall hearken;

2012/5/15 10:33
rookie

Savannah TN

Re:

Approved wrote:

A prophet is a spokesperson. They speak for someone else, whether it's prophetic or not.

You based your comment on the verse below...

Exodus 7:1 And the LORD said unto Moses, See, I have made thee a god to Pharaoh: and Aaron thy brother shall be thy prophet.

The thought preceding the verse above is this below...

Exd 6:28 And it came to pass, on the day the LORD spoke to Moses in the land of Egypt,

Exd 6:29 that the LORD spoke to Moses, saying, "I [am] the LORD. Speak to Pharaoh king of Egypt all that I say to you."

Exd 6:30 But Moses said before the LORD, "Behold, I [am] of uncircumcised lips, and how shall Pharaoh heed me?"

Because Moses lacked confidence in his ability to communicate God's word to Pharaoh, God assigned Aaron the responsiblity of being the spokesman for Moses.

Moses is not the God of Pharaoh...rather God was illustrating the means by which Moses and Aaron would work together to accomplish God's stewardship given to Moses.

Your second quote of Scripture...Deuteronomy 18:15 Is a prophesy of the Mesiah to come. Jesus is also a prophet according to Scripture.

2012/5/15 20:50Profile
rookie

Savannah TN

Re:

Neh 9:26 "Nevertheless they were disobedient And rebelled against You, Cast Your law behind their backs And killed Your prophets, who testified against them To turn them to Yourself; And they worked great provocations."

I wrote:

Thus a prophet's work is to "turn them to Yourself."

This work of a prophet is described in greater detail in the following verse...

Jer 1:10 See, I have this day set you over the nations and over the kingdoms, To root out and to pull down, To destroy and to throw down, To build and to plant."

Do you see why Jesus was killed by those who lived according to the flesh? Meditate on "to root out and to pull down, to destroy and to throw down,".

Why is a prophet called to do this type of work?

2012/5/15 20:58Profile
rookie

Savannah TN

Re:

Jer 1:10 See, I have this day set you over the nations and over the kingdoms, To root out and to pull down,to destroy and to throw down,..."

This part of the call of the prophet, "to root out and to pull down, to destroy and to throw down," must be done to reveal the work of Satan to the people to whom God has sent. God does not accept spiritual mixtures. He does not build and plant on top of what Satan has already established.

Why does enmity develop between the prophet and those who remain indoctrinated by Satan?

2012/5/19 6:48Profile
a-servant

Re:

"Why does enmity develop between the prophet and those who remain indoctrinated by Satan?"

Because God said so in:

Genesis 3:15  And I will put enmity between thee and the woman, and between thy seed and her seed; it shall bruise thy head, and thou shalt bruise his heel.

interesting that these two characteristics go hand in hand:

Neh 9:26 "Cast Your law behind their backs And killed Your prophets"

one wonders what that connection is based on, how is the 'great divide' visible today? Could it be:

Romans 8:7  Because the carnal mind is enmity against God: for it is not subject to the law of God, neither indeed can be.

2012/5/19 20:20Profile
rookie

Savannah TN

Re:

a-servant wrote:

"interesting that these two characteristics go hand in hand:

Neh 9:26 "Cast Your law behind their backs And killed Your prophets"

one wonders what that connection is based on, how is the 'great divide' visible today? Could it be:

Romans 8:7 Because the carnal mind is enmity against God: for it is not subject to the law of God, neither indeed can be."

Yes, Roman's 8:7 is the pivot point in the discussion of Cain and Abel. We have this testimony in Scripture...

1Jo 3:10 In this the children of God and the children of the devil are manifest: Whoever does not practice righteousness is not of God, nor [is] he who does not love his brother.

1Jo 3:11 For this is the message that you heard from the beginning, that we should love one another,

1Jo 3:12 not as Cain [who] was of the wicked one and murdered his brother. And why did he murder him? Because his works were evil and his brother's righteous.

In the above section of Scripture we see that Abel is a child of God and Cain is a child of the devil. We see that Cain killed Abel because Abel's works were righteous.

And we know then that Cain lived according to the carnal mind, and Abel lived according to the Holy Spirit.

2012/5/20 8:13Profile

Re:

Quote:
Jesus is also a Prophet according to Scripture.

No, Really?

Your answers are so elementary that I have to conclude that you must think of us as children or stupid, one or the other.

I am not offended, just wondering.

2012/5/20 8:43
rookie

Savannah TN

Re:

Approved wrote:

"I am not offended, just wondering."

From your statements in previous posts:

"If Abel and Abraham are prophets and said nothing, than everyone who has faith must be a prophet."

and...

"A prophet is a spokesperson. They speak for someone else, whether it's prophetic or not."

I wanted to make clear that according to Scripture, Abel was a true prophet of God. He was not a "spokesperson" for someone other than God. Scripture declares that he was a prophet, was righteous and that he was a child of God.

The following Scripture makes this distinction of God's prophets...

Deu 18:18 'I will raise up for them a Prophet like you from among their brethren, and will put My words in His mouth, and He shall speak to them all that I command Him.

Whether the prophet is Jesus or Abel, it is the Holy Spirit which commands the prophet. He does not speak presumptuously.

2012/5/20 10:26Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy